The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Thought that would be it. It was great wasn't it?

Maybe the Kosovo England match a couple months back was (on a smaller scale) a reminder that not everyone hates us, too and "we" did good things back 20 years ago.

Incredible, I wish I could go back and live it again. I felt that was us at our best, but maybe that was too good for those who want to drag the country down. It's easier to hate.

1 hour ago, avfcDJ said:

I felt that was us at our best, but maybe that was too good for those who want to drag the country down. It's easier to hate.

There were snipers, sure. Various no-mark tories and twitter trolls etc. but while it might be easier to hate, it's more rewarding to love and respect. That ceremony was kind of a left of centre capture of what being British, and belonging to Britain (not England) represents. An you know what, apart from the symbology, I remember sitting there watching it all, and the music soundtrack, and when, er, let's call them F buttons was played - their track "Olympians", from a few years before, I thought, not just well known tunes, but alternative stuff, that we're great at - it was layers of creativity and engineering and kindness and welcoming all captured and shown to the world.

Now we swear at brown people or Europeans on buses.

Not gone all that well really, since.

41 minutes ago, blandy said:

There were snipers, sure. Various no-mark tories and twitter trolls etc. but while it might be easier to hate, it's more rewarding to love and respect. That ceremony was kind of a left of centre capture of what being British, and belonging to Britain (not England) represents. An you know what, apart from the symbology, I remember sitting there watching it all, and the music soundtrack, and when, er, let's call them F buttons was played - their track "Olympians", from a few years before, I thought, not just well known tunes, but alternative stuff, that we're great at - it was layers of creativity and engineering and kindness and welcoming all captured and shown to the world.

Now we swear at brown people or Europeans on buses.

Not gone all that well really, since.

Some people have always sworn at Europeans and brown people , we had words removed long before a vote on Brexit 

and guess , what , it isn’t exclusive to England or even Britain , 

I’m seeing it on Facebook and the like , it’s like people are saying if we’d have voted for Corbyn we wouldn’t have been racist ... I mean what the actual ****.

by all means people can focus on the negatives when they get on a bus , I prefer to focus on the bus journeys where someone is being a dick and more people tell them to shut the **** up ... 

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Some people have always sworn at Europeans and brown people , we had words removed long before a vote on Brexit 

Yes, of course.

It does seem to be more prevalent now, though. And 2012 Olympic opening ceremony was as D says, something a bit, well, opposite to all that.

2 hours ago, colhint said:

Yeah I'll nominate you for the Labour leader.

I'll second that, though it may be advisable to have a mentor for the first couple of years, to guide him in the ways and customs of the party, working with him side by side.

I gather Jeremy may have a bit more time at his disposal soon, and clearly has relevant experience.  It would be a marriage made in heaven.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, peterms said:

US style health arrangements.  Coming our way?

I’m going to put off getting Ill for as long as I can. Anything on my record now will need to be declared to insurers and send a policy through the roof.

10 hours ago, peterms said:

US style health arrangements.  Coming our way?

Hasn’t Raab sort-of hinted that prices of drugs will be going up? It’s the first step, isn’t it. 

Don’t worry though - these words removed will still be telling us they’ve invested for in safeguarding the NHS for years to come. 

an American style system is scare mongering, wont happen in my life time

does still piss me off though, I thought / hoped the whole point of Brexit would be that we'd stand alone a bit more, produce more, work more...seems that the plan all along was just to import everything from someone else instead, Brexit should mean the development of our own drug market not different drugs imported for cheaper from the states

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Yeah, but Corbyn said...

Yes, every single person who is worried about the NHS being sold off, is so, because 'Corbyn said'.

Edited by StefanAVFC

5 minutes ago, Risso said:

Johnson has said already that one of the first pieces of legislation he'll put through is guaranteed funding increases for the NHS.  

First ever legislation to be written on the side of a Megabus.

• Haha 2