The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Must be true then, I mean, if he said it like..............

It is kind of perverse that I immediately have less faith that he'll do something when he pledges to do it.

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

an American style system is scare mongering, wont happen in my life time

does still piss me off though, I thought / hoped the whole point of Brexit would be that we'd stand alone a bit more, produce more, work more...seems that the plan all along was just to import everything from someone else instead, Brexit should mean the development of our own drug market not different drugs imported for cheaper from the states

We could be totally sufficient in everything - it would just cost a fortune. Hence international trade.

Our prime minister referred to people wearing the burkas as letter boxes and homosexual men as bum boys. Arent you just so proud of him. 

Edited by Ingram85

7 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Our prime minister referred to people wearing the burkas as letter boxes and homosexual men as bum boys. Arent you just so proud of him. 

Not really.

It looks like a lot of country either didn't care or agreed with those statements. Then there's the question of whether words like those are worse than the actions by Corbyn, standing on platforms with and calling the IRA and hezbollah his "friends", doing pretty much nothing to combat rampant anti-semitism in his party...or my personal favourite...attending a memorial to the animals who massacred the Israeli olympic team in 1972.

A lot of us (me included) didn't want Johnson in and actively voted for someone who we didn't want either. It's done now. He has a majority for 5 years. If/when he **** up in the next 5 years we'll rightfully be all over him but the public were informed about his past and have decided that it's fine to use the terms you've described. No one could say they weren't warned what he was like...likewise with Brexit, after all this time they've decided they still want it so it's time we all got on with it now.

44 minutes ago, Risso said:

Well, you won't have long to wait to see if it's true or not.

This is what it comes down to, really.

I don't like him (and I don't think that's particularly partisan, most tories I know don't trust the bloke, because they have eyes and ears), but there's not much that can be done at this point but wait and see what he does. It'd be quite the turn up for the books if he'd been role-playing as a word removed for 2-3 decades and is suddenly a stand-up guy, but fingers crossed, eh.

He's had excuses for everything so far, laughably claiming nothing was anything to do with him even when he was there goading it on every step of the way, but the excuses will be even more laughable if there are any at the next election, he's got a stronger majority than he could have dreamed of, what he does with it is all on him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Not if the Tories keep calling early elections!

Well lets hope!

They have the majority now though so it's fully up to them when and how an election is called. Hindsight is wonderful, but they really shouldn't have consented to this election. They had him right where they wanted and Johnson reeked of desperation for an election as his only way out.

2 hours ago, Risso said:

Johnson has said already that one of the first pieces of legislation he'll put through is guaranteed funding increases for the NHS.  

I actually believe he will. The only problem is the percentage of the money lining private firms pockets through dodgy PFIs is increasing substantially every year.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Well lets hope!

They have the majority now though so it's fully up to them when and how an election is called. Hindsight is wonderful, but they really shouldn't have consented to this election. They had him right where they wanted and Johnson reeked of desperation for an election as his only way out.

it was hard to imagine a better time emerging for one from a Labour perspective. He'd had an unprecedentedly poor start as PM, losing how many votes on the spin? He'd blustered on about rather being dead in a ditch, then did exactly what he said he wouldn't do. He'd purged the party of some of the most experienced and respected MPs. It was all falling down around his ears.

And even that wasn't enough for the public to put Corbyn in Downing Street. I can't imagine anything would have been, look at his polling in the last 2 years. Trying to stall any longer wouldn't have helped, IMO. Johnson could have taken a shit on the dispatch box and still beat Corbyn,

1 minute ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I actually believe he will. The only problem is the percentage of the money lining private firms pockets through dodgy PFIs is increasing substantially every year.  

Ding! The right answer!

I don't think many are aware just how much of the NHS has been privatised by the Tory filth already?

There's no problem stuffing public money into private pockets, it's the Tory raison d'etre.

On the topic of tory filth, a certain @snowychap called me out for similar wording a week or two ago. I can't be arsed to go back and find the posts, but I dug my heels in and stood by it.

I've spent a good few hours in discussions with Momentum members , being called every name under the sun by them for highlighting Corbyn's inadequacies, and you know what, it's just highlighted how stupid and divisive it is deciding abusive language is rather than discussion. Probably shouldn't have needed me to be on the other end of it to see that, but ho hum. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Awol said:

And if he does, what then? 

Well it's a subjective thing to say isn't it, he might purchase a new wheelchair out of his own pocket for his local hospital and then claim to have invested in the NHS.

But I'm pretty confident that within 18 months people (who haven't died of severe old age) will almost unilaterally regret voting him in.

I see that he/they are delaying the release of the report into Russian interference in British politics/democracy, despite the fact it's been signed off by everyone needed for it to be released into the public..........nothing to see here folks, move on.

51 minutes ago, Risso said:

Well, you won't have long to wait to see if it's true or not.

Indeed. I look at politicians, and leaders particularly and until Trump I thought "they'll [whoever] maker about 5% difference in one term"  - things might get 5% worse, or better, but generally, what's bad will stay bad and what's OK will stay OK.

Then Trump came along, and I think my rule of thumb has become outdated. Now, it's about 10-20%, per term. Maybe because he's so dishonest, maybe because the "issues" are more global, maybe because he's just so disruptive to the way thing have been.

I think the things that will affect humanity the most are now things that are out of anyone's control, almost. So in a way, whether Johnson somehow stops being dishonest and starts sticking to his word (he won't) is by the by in the big scheme of things. The world is going to change really rapidly (compared to the past) in the next 5, 10, 20 years. And most of the things that will change will make nationalisation or a 2% increase or decrease, in real terms, or whatever, funding for this that or the other, totally irrelevant.

The things people en-masse, in the west, are most concerned about are nothing to do with nurses or teachers. It's a mix of "my phone battery doesn't last as long as I'd like, I can't get wifi to connect and there's too many immigrants, or "the planet's burning and the air is poisoned and where are all the insects and birds and forests".

In the third world, they want their wifi and their phones, and they burn the forests trying, forlornly, to get them.

Collision course.

That said, **** the tories.

• Like 1