The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

5 minutes ago, Awol said:

Exactly. The political battle of the next few years will be between moderates and extremists within the Labour movement. The question is whether enough of the former remain  to actually pull it off. 

That will certainly be A political battle. I know a lot of lifelong Conservatives who feel they’ve lost their party though and once Corbyn goes there will be the exact same battle for them.

Do you not see the irony in the last sentence when you support a guy who deselected anyone who wouldn’t unquestionably back him to the hilt?

4 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

That will certainly be A political battle. I know a lot of lifelong Conservatives who feel they’ve lost their party though and once Corbyn goes there will be the exact same battle for them.

Do you not see the irony in the last sentence when you support a guy who deselected anyone who wouldn’t unquestionably back him to the hilt?

I voted Lib Dem’ mate, but pleased (relieved) that Corbyn failed, not that Johnson won.

The Tory rebels were sacked for handing control of the order paper in Parliament to the opposition in order to frustrate the policy of their own government. Whatever political party or line of business you may be in, if you openly side with a competing firm then it’s P45 time. 

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

I voted Lib Dem’ mate, but pleased (relieved) that Corbyn failed, not that Johnson won.

The Tory rebels were sacked for handing control of the order paper in Parliament to the opposition in order to frustrate the policy of their own government. Whatever political party or line of business you may be in, if you openly side with a competing firm then it’s P45 time. 

Sorry I forgot you voted LD, but wasn’t it solely to stop SNP? I’m fairly certain it wasn’t because of Swindon’s revoke policy...

I get what you’re saying on the last bit, but my point is Labour didn’t do that yet are seen as way more extreme. I do also fundamentally disagree as I think an MP should always vote with their conscience.

39 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

My cousin got turned away from a polling station in Chorley even though he had his ID and polling card. Was told he wasn't on register. 

Whilst that's not good, given Chorley was always going to be a free hit for Lindsay Hoyle as new speaker, that one vote was probably not going to make a difference to the outcome.

34 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I get what you’re saying on the last bit, but my point is Labour didn’t do that yet are seen as way more extreme.

Most people want evolution, not revolution. Labour promised the latter. 

Corbyn was the right man at the wrong time.

I think in trying to be pragmatic he lost, people don't like pragmatism, people like definitives, people like to put other people into boxes labelled good or bad, there's no room for middle ground any longer because it takes too much thought to comprehend.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Corbyn was the right man at the wrong time.

I'd argue the wrong place too. 1920s Moscow would have suit him much better.

His policies aren't electable. That's been proven twice now. I just hope that there's a sensible discussion about the future of Labour. They're electable when they move to a more centrist Liberal Democrat-type position. Blair proved that and other than his foreign misadventures he's certainly the model for any future Labour leader. Keir Starmer is the only one in the list of names currently under discussion that could possibly move the party that way. Failing that trying to tempt someone like Andy Burnham or David Miliband out of exile would be a good shout.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Exactly. The political battle of the next few years will be between moderates and extremists within the Labour movement. The question is whether enough of the former remain  to actually pull it off. 

With £3 membership's there is almost endless supply of momentum types - it needn't even be the same ones each time.

Quite simply that has to be fixed - make it £25 and 12 month qualifying period to vote on leadership election s - but getting that through is easier said than done 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

That’s just a sound bite it doesn’t actually mean anything.

Okay. Nationalising everything in sight, seizing 10% of shares in companies, borrowing many 100’s of billions, making unfunded spending commitments for scores of billions more, wanting a 2nd Ref’ between Remain and Remain-lite, just for starters. 

Taken in aggregate this is an extreme programme. Moderate Labour people know it. The voters know it. That’s why they preferred an unprincipled joker like Johnson. Sooner or later you’ll all figure that out. 

Edited by Awol
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Awol said:

Okay. Nationalising everything in sight, seizing 10% of shares in companies, borrowing many 100’s of billions, making unfunded spending commitments for scores of billions more, wanting a 2nd Ref’ between Remain and Remain-lite, just for starters. 

Taken in aggregate this is an extreme programme. Moderate Labour people know it. The voters know it. That’s why they preferred an unprincipled joker like Johnson. Sooner or later you’ll all figure that out. 

Ok, but it’s still bollocks. Just Yesterday you were writing about Cummings coming revolution to reform the Conservative party. The whole Brexit campaign was sold as a freedom movement ffs.

Thanks for the last paragraph. I always find it hard to understand things when I’m not sufficiently patronised 👍

3 hours ago, Awol said:

Johnson doesn’t seem to be liked or trusted by many people

Not so sure this is true, Sure he isn't liked or trusted by the same people that shout how evil tories are on twitter, & the same people having a meltdown on here on here but outside of that i think you would be surprised

8 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Ok, but it’s still bollocks. Just Yesterday you were writing about Cummings coming revolution to reform the Conservative party. The whole Brexit campaign was sold as a freedom movement ffs.

Thanks for the last paragraph. I always find it hard to understand things when I’m not sufficiently patronised 👍

A revolution to make the Tories human again. No bad thing IF he can pull it off.  

If you feel patronized you should’ve tried being a Brexit supporter on here for the last 3 years, it’s been dripping off the walls. 

1 minute ago, Awol said:

A revolution to make the Tories human again. No bad thing IF he can pull it off.  

If you feel patronized you should’ve tried being a Brexit supporter on here for the last 3 years, it’s been dripping off the walls. 

I don’t think it would be a bad thing either. I don’t believe it though. I also don’t think putting more money into services for everyone that would help the most vulnerable is a bad kind of revolution either. That wasn’t the discussion though. You said Labour are revolutionaries and I pointed out the whole Brexit movement has been sold as just that.

I still think it’s just a sound bite as the only difference between whether you consider something an evolution or revolution is your perception of its’ merits.

I don’t feel patronised, I feel you were trying to patronise me. Although I appreciate you being such a trooper I’m not sure I’d want to try being a Brexit supporter as there’s not the time in the day to get upset about things like the kids of single parents being given support so they don’t die in the street.

17 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Although I appreciate you being such a trooper I’m not sure I’d want to try being a Brexit supporter as there’s not the time in the day to get upset about things like the kids of single parents being given support so they don’t die in the street.

😂 What’s the word for a parody of a parody?