The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

I’m not going to be able to form a preference until I know how unemployed racists in an indoor market in Stoke, mid afternoon, are going to vote.

Nah, old racist grandmothers outside Iceland in Dudley. 

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’m not going to be able to form a preference until I know how unemployed racists in an indoor market in Stoke, mid afternoon, are going to vote.

BBC news went to leave voting Worcester in this evening news. 
I don’t think I have ever seen them go to remain area since the referendum...

There is a bitterness whipped up by the brexit party (no offence to anyone) which has been 'betrayed' by BoJo and his deal - and this group of voters are going to have a say. They are unreasonable and not used to losing a vote like anyone who normally votes (we are constantly used to disappointment) - and they are dedicated - honestly think Johnson has snookered himself. 

Clare Fox (yes who) but a Brexit Party member unleashing her particular unpleasant form of debate on a Tory tonight on Newsnight. It's just the start of it. The Ultras versus the Torys. This will be bitter. And as john Curtis pointed out today, all Labour needs is to deny the Torys a majority. And Brexit is stopped.

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Clare Fox (yes who) but a Brexit Party member unleashing her particular unpleasant form of debate on a Tory tonight on Newsnight. It's just the start of it. The Ultras versus the Torys. This will be bitter. 

Hell, if that's what it is then great. The rats of society in a sack chewing each other to pieces. 

It won't be though. 

17 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Hell, if that's what it is then great. The rats of society in a sack chewing each other to pieces. 

It won't be though. 

Throughout the referendum, to now, Tories have neglected Nigel, he's their Miss Haversham - the jilted bride - and they do it cos he's either below them or seeks to denigrate their vision. The Conservatives go to a poll backing a deal - and a deal I think possibly makes sense - but it's not what nigel wants, and he'll be left desperate to get a foothold so we will see Brexit Party Vs Tories - and Brexit Party voters don't compromise. Johnson lies to people for short term gain - the DUP have foooked him, the Brexit Party will do so too. 

7 hours ago, Jareth said:

There is a bitterness whipped up by the brexit party (no offence to anyone) which has been 'betrayed' by BoJo and his deal - and this group of voters are going to have a say. They are unreasonable and not used to losing a vote like anyone who normally votes (we are constantly used to disappointment) - and they are dedicated - honestly think Johnson has snookered himself. 

I do agree with you that there will be many Brexit voters who will vote for Farage rather than Tories this splitting the Brexit vote.

I had a read of the Daily Mail comment section and the most ‘upvoted’ comments were consistently along the line of ‘The major parties are only in it for themselves, vote Brexit Party’. 

Having said that, the remain side is also in disarray with voters split between Labour, Libdem or the nationals and the Tory vote have always had to contend with a strong UKIP (now Brexit Party) vote, other than last election, and have still done ok so that’s why I struggle to feel as confident as you about the result. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jareth said:

And as john Curtis pointed out today, all Labour needs is to deny the Torys a majority. And Brexit is stopped.

Isn't that where we are currently? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jareth said:

Throughout the referendum, to now, Tories have neglected Nigel, he's their Miss Haversham - the jilted bride - and they do it cos he's either below them or seeks to denigrate their vision. The Conservatives go to a poll backing a deal - and a deal I think possibly makes sense - but it's not what nigel wants, and he'll be left desperate to get a foothold so we will see Brexit Party Vs Tories - and Brexit Party voters don't compromise. Johnson lies to people for short term gain - the DUP have foooked him, the Brexit Party will do so too. 

There are going to be a lot of Sliding Doors moments. 

I reckon that a huge one will be if Farage is invited to take part in the leaders debate. 

If it's just the main three then Johnson has the whole "leave" flank to himself. If Farage is on the stage as well developing his rancid "That's Not My Brexit" narrative, I think that could be the difference between hundreds of thousands of votes going to Johnson or going to FarageCorp.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jon said:

Isn't that where we are currently? 

Sort of. But the likelihood is that any ramshackle minority Government in the next one would be from the "anti" side of the argument rather than the "pro".

Now the DUP have learned a bit later than everyone else that the Conservatives are a bunch of lying shysters, they won't be backing them in the future. 

So a Labour Government  with 270 MPs introducing referendum legislation is more likely to get it passed than a Conservative Government with 300 seats introducing a withdrawal bill.

• Like 1

Crystal ball time... Labour can not successfully sell corbyn or their brexit stance and split the "anyone but the tories" vote worse than the brexit party manage to split leave voters

Tories get their majority and we leave 

The only alternative is Labour put their cock on the block and go for 2nd referendum and even then I think they struggle to sell corbyn meaning the votes are shared between them and the libs dems and the tories win with a slim majority bringing us back to where we are now 

A weak and shit tories will win thanks to a weaker and shitter Labour 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1