January Transfers 2019/20

sne

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Hmmm... see the agument, but disagree.

We started the season with Wesley, Kodjia and Davis. I thought we needed another striker then in all honesty.

We now have Samatta and Davis. Davis who's incredibly injury prone and Samatta who's completely unknown at this level. I'd feel far more comfortable going into the second half of the season with another striker as I really don't trust Davis to be fit for any extended amount of time. 

Everyone seemed to agree we needed a striker before Wes got injured. 

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

Fair enough.

None of which alters my view on the criticisms of the Club over the failure to get such a player.

No problem, but I think if the second situation is right then the universe of potential strikers is much much larger than if we were looking for someone who was going to get a 1 in 2 (!!!) record. 

It's okay to disagree 🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I haven’t said you are attacking the Club 🙂

and haven’t disagreed with anyone who says another striker would be useful.

My Post, which I can’t really add to, expressed my views about those who ARE attacking or criticising the Club, or the DOF, given all the things I mentioned.

Just curious and not trying to be funny. 

If we get relegated will you have no issues with what we've done in both windows?

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Everyone seemed to agree we needed a striker before Wes got injured. 

We did, and we bought one.

Did everyone agree we needed 2 ? Not sure, but fwiw I think we do.

Lets hope we get one 

On 27/01/2020 at 21:14, HeyAnty said:

Don’t be surprised if we do get Serhou Guirassy.  Fantastic striker imo. Exactly who we should be going for.

Brighton apparently have put in a bid. We should be all over this. People saying what strikers are out there? Well here is one example 

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

No problem, but I think if the second situation is right then the universe of potential strikers is much much larger than if we were looking for someone who was going to get a 1 in 2 (!!!) record. 

It's okay to disagree 🙂

Agree, it widens the possible pool. My point remains the same though ! 👍

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Young Louie Barry looks like he is exceptionally skillful and tricky, could he play as an Attacking Winger/Forward?

He’s 16 years old, I think it would be foolish to be relied upon in our first team at that age, regardless of how good he is

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

How many teams in this league have a group of strikers as weak as us?

How many teams in this league have had to spend £150m just to stand still?   

We are scoring goals from all over the pitch and will have to have been extremely unlucky to lose both Samatta AND Davis again

We had to get a striker in as an absolute priority.  We got one.  At the same time another striker who has been injured at a very unfortunate time became fit again.   And we have people available around the sides to fill in if needed.

I repeat, it's not the end of the world.  You have to go as high as 10th place Arsenal to find someone who has scored more goals than us in the whole table and beyond that to 7th placed Wolves.  Scoring goals actually hasn't been our issue even with a single fit striker (who wasn't really scoring anyway) for the majority of the season so far.

It's not ideal, I am not saying it's ideal, but equally it's not the end of the world.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Just curious and not trying to be funny. 

If we get relegated will you have no issues with what we've done in both windows?

I will trust you are genuinely curious 🙂....although why is beyond me 😀

Honestly ?

I am and will remain incredibly happy with what we’ve done.

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s 16 years old, I think it would be foolish to be relied upon in our first team at that age, regardless of how good he is

I don't mean to "rely on" mate... I mean someone to come off the bench every now and then.

Rooney was 16 weren't he?

Barcelona have a 16 year old who does well for them also,

• Like 1

I think we should fire Suso and appoint certain villatalk posters in this place as they seem too feel they know better based on some of the comments I’m reading. 

Apparently he has been neglectful and not been trying to secure the right player(s) at the right price of the right character and is only  Interested in signing players from obscure counties to boost our Twitter following ... 😉😂 ( last but made up for effect ) 

I guess we did once manage to sign Young & Carew many January’s ago so it should be easy to repeat this every year and the four things that need to be in alignment according to Smith in signing players is just an excuse. 

Edited by thabucks

Just now, terrytini said:

I will trust you are genuinely curious 🙂....although why is beyond me 😀

Honestly ?

I am and will remain incredibly happy with what we’ve done.

I find that very strange. Incredibly happy if it results in relegation? 

12 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

This depends on what your analysis of the reason why we struggled with El Ghazi up front is. 

If the analysis is that that was bad because he looked less likely to score than a striker, then sure, we need a goalscorer. 

If you think the problem was he couldn't lead the line, maintain position, draw defenders out, play with his back to goal etc, then what matters more than a goalscorer is someone with a lot of positional discipline instead. 

I lean more to the second view, but I'm willing to be persuaded to the first if people have arguments for that. 

This is exactly my view. We need another natural forward. He doesn’t need to be a goal machine.