January Transfers 2019/20

sne

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

I can’t decide to be happy or not with our transfers based on whether we get enough points to stay up.

Many reasons, too many really.

But to take just one.

I’m sick and tired of following a Club that lives one Season to the next. Sick and tired of stop gap players, last pay day players, random players. Sick and tired of starting again, then again, then again.

So One - one - of the reasons I’d be happy is because I see sense in the signings. A plan, of sorts. Imperfect, but it’s there.

Another is that we would definitely have gone down without our transfer business. So it’s put us in the game. For a newly promoted team I can’t ask for more than that.

Another is I won’t criticise something about which I have no knowledge of fault on anyone’s behalf.

So there’s a few reasons 🙂

Great post the building again and again if failiure to stay up due to striker shortage this group leave in summer if we fail to stay up.

Heaton,guilbert,targett,mings,mcginn,grealish,luiz,marv,samatta,trez,

All will leave imo total rebuild required. So ladies and gentlemen would it not have been better to splash the cash to the tune of 75mil ish knowing grealish will be gone regardless what league were in mcginn and mings dependent on staying in prem.

3 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

Its not great.....winning the league would be great.

But we have improved due to the players signed in the summer window it is clear to see and whilst the jury is out on the new January signings I agree the attitude of someone who cant see the improvement that the new players have made to our squad  is stranger?

Whose that then?

Just now, DCJonah said:

What do you think happens if we go down and lose Mings, McGinn, Grealish etc..

You know what, forget it.

You said you were genuinely curious, I gave you an answer. You’ve put words in my mouth twice.  Let’s leave it there, you can be angry or dissatisfied or disappointed or whatever with the Club, and I can be happy 👍

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

As I said I have never said we are failing, I simply asked the question of other posters who they think are potentially those players and no one has yet come up with any real answers but seem to think we are generally doing OK all things considered. Unless we are successful with this new 'model' we will remain a very much bottom third team simple as that we will not be able to push on.

How well do you think we did with this model in our relegation season?

Baring in mind, of course, that those players have subsequently been sold (by other teams) for large fees or moved to big clubs.

Because we're doing better than that team did in that season, and our players are arguably looking better than those players.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You said incredibly happy no matter what happens. I don't think its hyperbole to associate 'incredibly happy' with 'great'

I said incredibly happy with our transfer business. 
And not “ because it’s my Club”.

Jesus Christ.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I would still take Sturridge.  Even if you expect him to play half the games at most, if he contributed goals in half of those games it would help us out and be worth the what, £5m if it helped us get those few extra points to stay up.

I would too

January transfers are tough. Unless you can get proven quality or you have fully scouted a player and they have been a long term target it's just not worth it. If you look at our signings, Reina and Drinkwater are proven quality in the premier league. And Sammata has been on the radar for some time. This is the right way to do business. 

I would love it if we snatched Bowen up at the last minute but otherwise there isn't any other business I'd particularly want us to do. 

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

I'm being sarcastic. A lot of people have moaned about Suso as being the broken cog in the Villa machine, and I'm just finding it funny that a club in Spurs' position are no better off than us in the 'deadline day search for a striker'.

Gotcha! 

We should of rolled the dice earlier took a risk. Regardless of what may happen if we went down huge cash from jack mcginn and mings to help rebuild im not saying we should of spent 100m this window but having sellable assets we should of had a go and got what we needed and we havent therfore if we dropout of league villa have no one to blame but the management heirachy.If we had zero assets i could understand but only hope jack will  stay is in prem which without strengthening squad we wont do.

Edited by villan501

3 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I'm being sarcastic. A lot of people have moaned about Suso as being the broken cog in the Villa machine, and I'm just finding it funny that a club in Spurs' position are no better off than us in the 'deadline day search for a striker'.

Chelsea also in the same boat. However Sheffield United have got a massive talent in Zivkovic.

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Makes you wonder why the club even bothered trying then.

I know you're being difficult, but I'll answer anyway.

It's always worth trying.

But just look at Spurs. Giroud was probably not in their top 5 options for a striker, and yet they've failed to bring him in on deadline day and are looking for 'someone' like us.