January Transfers 2019/20

sne

30 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Nope. He signed in September 2018, unless there's been another revision of his contract. All accounts for wages I'm reading are for the 2019/20 season, and are unanimous.

Maybe 35k in the championship but there’s no way he’d have signed for 35k for five years without a release clause or pay rise should we get promoted! 

What are the sources?

32 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Nope. He signed in September 2018, unless there's been another revision of his contract. All accounts for wages I'm reading are for the 2019/20 season, and are unanimous.

Where do these figures come from? Where are they public knowledge? Genuinely interested.

59 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

Maybe 35k in the championship but there’s no way he’d have signed for 35k for five years without a release clause or pay rise should we get promoted! 

What are the sources?

Mainstream sources said he doubled his wages when he signed 5 year deal in Sept 2018 to around 40k per week. I don't know of any other add on arrangements

If our most paid players are 40k (which I doubt) then I think we're financially in a perfect position. Before we went down, we were paying the likes of Tekkers and Delph 60k+. The wages and prices are constantly getting higher, so I guess having 5-6 players above that would be ok. I think we could even pay 80k+ to some players. 

The thing is we need to make it carefully this time. We used to give the likes of Habib Beye 40k+, ten years ago!

6 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

If our most paid players are 40k

The only ones allegedly on around that were Kodjia Lansbury Hogan Grealish. I don't have a clue about Mings Wesley Luiz etc. Club doesn't have to disclose wages to public do they? It's a private company. Just total wage bill accessible?

Edited by Kiwivillan

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

The only ones allegedly on around that were Kodjia Lansbury Hogan Grealish. I don't have a clue about Mings Wesley Luiz etc. Club doesn't have to disclose wages to public do they? It's a private company. Just total wage bill accessible?

Well, I can't say I'm sure about anything regarding that. It's just what we read and based in what was said earlier. 

Yes the club doesn't have to, it's just that's it's good to know from some of these figures that the club have a big room of improvement financially. 

13 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Yes the club doesn't have to, it's just that's it's good to know from some of these figures that the club have a big room of improvement financially. 

That's the point I keep making regards some of the signing rumours. The new board has a long term plan. They're not going to upset the apple cart bringing in a loan player or buy a player on huge wages. We have to get to that stage over several seasons. No more crazy paying Bolasie wages for a season. I actually believe he had good intentions and went back early because he knew himself he wasn't fit enough

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

That's the point I keep making regards some of the signing rumours. The new board has a long term plan. They're not going to upset the apple cart bringing in a loan player or buy a player on huge wages. We have to get to that stage over several seasons. No more crazy paying Bolasie wages for a season. I actually believe he had good intentions and went back early because he knew himself he wasn't fit enough

I agree on that, but some loans are essentials at some points. By the way, what was Bolasie problem? Many fans turned against him, but have I missed something? Yes he wasn't fit enough, but he done very good whenever he was in the pitch. He had a very good November with us last season!

1 minute ago, Hornso said:

Drinkwater is probably on the best wicket at the club at the minute. Aren't we kicking in 50% (55k pw)?

We'll pay it for the next 4 months so I don't think it would effect in our longer term, and it's not that much higher than others to put a bad feeling. Without the fact that he's earning a whole 110k compared to other players regerdless who's paying it. 

13 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I agree on that, but some loans are essentials at some points. By the way, what was Bolasie problem? Many fans turned against him, but have I missed something? Yes he wasn't fit enough, but he done very good whenever he was in the pitch. He had a very good November with us last season!

The way it came across to me was he did us a favour and cut his loan short because he realised he was crocked. I could be wrong

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

Where do these figures come from? Where are they public knowledge? Genuinely interested.

https://www.thenational.ae/sport/football/think-jack-grealish-is-aston-villa-s-highest-earner-think-again-villa-player-wages-in-pictures-1.971388

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/every-aston-villa-players-2019-21248170

https://www.spotrac.com/Premier League/aston-villa-f.c/payroll/

https://sillyseason.com/salary/aston-villa-players-salaries-99599/

To give you a few. I don't know how credible they are, but capology.com ($700 to subscribe) which is a salary data site, has Heaton and Lansbury down as the others do.

Surprised by Hause, Konsa and Steer. Different club and circumstances but I think Lolley was on £5k when he moved to Huddersfield from Kiddy a few years back and was a complete unknown. Those three were signed as Premier League players.

If those numbers are true (dubious) then we are being much smarter with our money and it’s good to see. But we should probably sit Jack, Tyrone and McGinn down and at least double it 😄

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Surprised by Hause, Konsa and Steer. Different club and circumstances but I think Lolley was on £5k when he moved to Huddersfield from Kiddy a few years back and was a complete unknown. Those three were signed as Premier League players.

If those numbers are true (dubious) then we are being much smarter with our money and it’s good to see. But we should probably sit Jack, Tyrone and McGinn down and at least double it 😄

I would still take Lolley in a heartbeat. Winner away for Forest against Brentford. I'd bring him home rather than Benteke 

8 hours ago, MaVilla said:

All the talk of looking for 1 more striker, but zero talk anywhere (including from deano), about a winger/IF/AM, are we really gonna let Jan pass without signing someone to compete with el Ghazi and trez???

Grealish is first choice, trez and el ghazi compete for the other side. We also have jota as back up, that's good enough (numbers wise) unless anyone leaves.

26 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Grealish is first choice, trez and el ghazi compete for the other side. We also have jota as back up, that's good enough (numbers wise) unless anyone leaves.

All of whom are of debatable talent, if we cant get the right player fine, but if we could get a really good player to play alongside grealish we would be silly not to imo.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

All of whom are of debatable talent, if we cant get the right player fine, but if we could get a really good player to play alongside grealish we would be silly not to imo.

I'd say that is a problem for the summer!

Really good players cost money and we should have funds then.  No need to gamble on a cheap alternative now when it's not a priority.