January Transfers 2019/20

sne

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

I think the recent form has given the board a false sense of security. Need at least two top players in.

Who are those spud signings? Benteke Sturridge Wanyama? We're not spending major money and anyone we get would be back up at best

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Who are those spud signings? Benteke Sturridge Wanyama? We're not spending major money and anyone we get would be back up at best

first team wide forward who can play up top I think they would spend on if they can get one. otherwise loans with options would be sensible. If we can stay up I think we'll see a big spend again but on 3/4 players instead of 15.

• Like 2

I think today will end up being relatively quiet in terms of incomings. I think if anything does happen it will be tomorrow when clubs start to blink, panic, and allow deals to go through. I hope I'm wrong but I foresee a day of pressing refresh in the office for no reason.

• Like 1

In my mind I've accepted we aren't doing any business, and if we get anyone in then its a bonus.

This mindset is really nice actually and my f5 key on the keyboard gets a little more life

37 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

I think the recent form has given the board a false sense of security. Need at least two top players in.

Any basis for this? Smith has been clear in interviews that we want another striker and the club are working on it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fonz said:

Any basis for this? Smith has been clear in interviews that we want another striker and the club are working on it

Yes. He said at the Brentford game at the weekend they were looking to bring 1 more in. I haven't heard him say that deal is dead.

Looking at the squad and how we currently set up ideally for this window I'd bring in 1 quality RW/wide forward and one solid CB..

Would also mean that Jota and Chester could be moved on.

I think Trez and El Ghazi are OK but I feel they both work best as subs coming on late. And as for the CB situation another calmer head wouldn't hurt.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sne said:

Looking at the squad and how we currently set up ideally for this window I'd bring in 1 quality RW/wide forward and one solid CB..

Would also mean that Jota and Chester could be moved on.

I think Trez and El Ghazi are OK but I feel they both work best as subs coming on late. And as for the CB situation another calmer head wouldn't hurt.

The talk is Chester on loan to Stoke. We don't need a backup CB as beauty of loans is recall option 

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

The talk is Chester on loan to Stoke. We don't need a backup CB as beauty of loans is recall option 

No I don't think we need a back up CB, I think we need one to go straight into the starting 11.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sne said:

No I don't think we need a back up CB, I think we need one to go straight into the starting 11.

In place of who? I mean I'm all for improvement of every position, just wondering who would be your first out?

27 minutes ago, Junxs said:

In my mind I've accepted we aren't doing any business, and if we get anyone in then its a bonus.

Any MORE business.  We've brought in more than any other club - Reina, Drinkwater, Samatta (and Barry).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

We'll have to agree to disagree. The back 3 are doing a brilliant job and the results speak for themselves since the 343 switch. City we played 532 and no Nakamba and Hourihane and Drinkwater was a huge mistake but I can forgive Drinkwater inclusion with long term in mind