January Transfers 2019/20

sne

16 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

A lot of people asking about loan rules.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/464747

So we can definitely make more loan signings, including from Chelsea. And loans from any foreign leagues (eg the AC Milan striker) wouldn’t count towards any of the limits.

I'm pretty sure we can't loan another player from chelsea, Smith even mentions it in an interview with Birmingham mail earlier. 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/dean-smith-teases-aston-villa-17527615

“I think you still can sign him, but only on a permanent,” Smith explained. “What you can’t do is get another loan from another Premier League club. All our options are open in terms of centre-forwards.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Thank you for the info but:

That’s because Premier League clubs are only allowed to sign one player on loan from a divisional rival.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/dean-smith-teases-aston-villa-17527615

We sure that’s correct though, and not just a journo repeating hearsay? I’ll dig through that Premier League Handbook when I have a moment 🤓

8 minutes ago, deeps said:

These striker options don’t fill me with confidence. I know Jan is tough but Murray and Britt, Jesus! 

I don't think Pep would let Jesus go...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Louie Barry is one of the best players of his generation, though somewhat strange Barca are letting him go so early. But as others have said, this is for the future: he'll have no impact on this season but he'll be a very exciting player in 4 or 5 years time. 

Piatek and Januzaj are the sorts of players who can keep us up, let's hope it's them we get rather than the likes of Assombalonga. 

Edited by VillaFaninLondon

42 minutes ago, sne said:

Apparently Birmingham have been told once again the must sell players or face punishment so maybe we can go for Jude Bellingham as well while we are signing talented young locals.

Rumours he’s going to Bayern 

Another English Barcelona player (currently at some club called Telstar) linked with some big English clubs (according to his agent)

Marcus McGuane, anyone know anything about him? Probably not us right?

The transfer window and all it entails is hilarious. Getting linked from everyone to Piatek - one of the most highly sought after strikers in Europe not too long ago - to Britt Assombalonga all in one go.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Piatek and Januzaj are the sorts of players who can keep us up, let's hope it's them we get rather than the likes of Assombalonga. 

Januzaj is definitely more talented than our existing wing options, but there’s something not right about him. Not sure if he’s the sort of personality we need in a relegation battle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Us having the WBA director in means I'm confident this lad must be worth our time.

Coming back from Barca so soon is odd. Maybe he hasn't settled in Spain.

Yeah, that's what i think. Homesick perhaps ?

Pure guesswork on my part, but I would assume we went after Giroud and it was made clear that he's not interested in coming here if he leaves, so they moved on to Drinkwater.

Or we're just going to buy him outright, which some reports say Chelsea would prefer to loaning him.

17 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Is it true that we can only take one Premiere loan signing off another Prem club, was reading it in the Chelsea forum.

If so then that means we can't Loan anyone else from the premier and we have to buy anyone else.

My understanding is that you can only loan one player from each club, so no more loans from Chelsea but can loan from any other prem team