January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Apparently Birmingham have been told once again the must sell players or face punishment so maybe we can go for Jude Bellingham as well while we are signing talented young locals.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, sne said:

25 man squad full now with Danny D in?

Guess we will see some outs now but then again I assume we will un-register Wesley and Heaton.

konza and davies will be classed as U21 players

leaves us with 24, assuming heaton and wes are taken out that's 22, including 3 keepers, we could take kalinic out and put sarkic in there as number 3 as he'd be an U21 too

we have a bit of space

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Apparently Birmingham have been told once again the must sell players or face punishment so maybe we can go for Jude Bellingham as well while we are signing talented young locals.

we can but hope, if he stays he'd be their grealish, difference is theres very little chance of him staying, the sharks will smell blood in the water

I'm starting to believe the link to the arabic striker is concrete, relatively CHEAP, ridiculous record , devastating finisher (Regardless of level, based on highlights - seems he can finish from anywhere and with feet and head). At the reported 7 million it could be a punt which could be a masterstroke, or a dud, but 7 mill.

I've been against Benteke, but we MUST consider our finances. (Even on loan as well?) - Ain't Hodgeson trying to sign 2 strikers?

If we could get him in as well, he has experience in the league, have not seen him for ages but if he could rediscover anything close to his best form we are ok.

This would probably leave us money for wingers/defenders etc.

Anyway i'm just happy to see some movement.

Is it true that we can only take one Premiere loan signing off another Prem club, was reading it in the Chelsea forum.

If so then that means we can't Loan anyone else from the premier and we have to buy anyone else.

Bellingham hasn't signed a pro contract yet and isn't allowed to until his birthday in June, so I don't think they can actually receive a transfer fee for him. If he was to leave they'd get compensation, the amount of which would be decided by a tribunal, don't think it would be much though. Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund have both apparently made enquiries and United and Arsenal have been watching him as well.

Edited by useless

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've been against Benteke, but we MUST consider our finances. (Even on loan as well?) - Ain't Hodgeson trying to sign 2 strikers?

if we did it just before Watford at home and even had him sat on the bench, despite all the negativity around the signing I think 40k people inside VP with him there would be a special atmosphere that hopefully we'd capitalise on, maybe the buzz he'd give the fanbase would make it worthwhile

he as to be striker number 2 though! we need someone better too

going in to that game with piatek starting and benteke on the bench...

See the source image

that will get some knickers wet

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

A lot of people asking about loan rules.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/464747

- Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
- The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
- A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club.

With the exception of Welsh clubs competing in the competitions listed under Rule V.6.2, loans from a club in membership of another National Association do not count towards the above quotas.

So we can definitely make more loan signings, including from Chelsea (EDIT: sorry, no more from Chelsea, but fine to loan more players from other PL clubs).

So yes, Giroud or Batshuayi on loan are dead.

Loans from any foreign leagues (eg the AC Milan striker) wouldn’t count towards any of the limits.

Edited by KentVillan

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm starting to believe the link to the arabic striker is concrete, relatively CHEAP, ridiculous record , devastating finisher (Regardless of level, based on highlights - seems he can finish from anywhere and with feet and head). At the reported 7 million it could be a punt which could be a masterstroke, or a dud, but 7 mill.

If we could get him in as well, he has experience in the league, have not seen him for ages but if he could rediscover anything close to his best form we are ok.

This would probably leave us money for wingers/defenders etc.

Anyway i'm just happy to see some movement.

Which link is that JV?

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

if we did it just before Watford at home and even had him sat on the bench, despite all the negativity around the signing I think 40k people inside VP with him there would be a special atmosphere that hopefully we'd capitalise on, maybe the buzz he'd give the fanbase would make it worthwhile

See the source image

Piatek no1, Giroud or batshuayi as no2 and Benteke as 3rd, id be so down for that.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

See the source image

Piatek no1, Giroud or batshuayi as no2 and Benteke as 3rd, id be so down for that.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

A lot of people asking about loan rules.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/464747

So we can definitely make more loan signings, including from Chelsea. And loans from any foreign leagues (eg the AC Milan striker) wouldn’t count towards any of the limits.

Thank you for the info but:

That’s because Premier League clubs are only allowed to sign one player on loan from a divisional rival.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/dean-smith-teases-aston-villa-17527615

Edited by Dave-R
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

https://www.lesiteinfo.com/sport/abderrazak-hamdallah-vers-la-premier-league-photo/

It's all in French though, someone posted better linked last night I think. If you look back in the thread.

Seems like it was based off a John Harriott tweet... so unfortunately it's more than likely entirely fictitious 🤣

• Haha 2