January Transfers 2019/20

sne

4 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Krzysztof Piatek is an absolute baller! If we can get him in he would improve us significantly.

Then loan in a backup striker.

Looks great from that video. The composure for some of those goals was unbelievable. 

• Like 1

Piatek was brought in last January for €35 million so one would assume he won’t be leaving for any less this window unless it’s a loan deal. I watch a fair bit of Milan and I can’t see this one happening but if it did we could possibly have our own world class striker. He’s got all the tools to put it together. Problem is, Milan don’t have much cover at the position as I doubt they’re going to rely solely on a 38 year old Ibra. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NSmith22 said:

Piatek was brought in last January for €35 million so one would assume he won’t be leaving for any less this window unless it’s a loan deal. I watch a fair bit of Milan and I can’t see this one happening but if it did we could possibly have our own world class striker. He’s got all the tools to put it together. Problem is, Milan don’t have much cover at the position as I doubt they’re going to rely solely on a 38 year old Ibra. 

They have Rafael Leao also plus Rebic as well as  FFP issues ...It’s  more likely we will sign Borini if being realistic Though out of the two ...

Edited by thabucks

Seriously doubt Piatek is on his way. Cannot at all see why a £35m striker who was recently considered one of the hottest striking talents in football, who actually had a good record for Milan last season, would be stepping down to the Aston Villa's or Newcastle's of this world. IF, and it's a big if, he is actually available on loan, he'll be surely going to clubs who aren't fighting to survive. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Seriously doubt Piatek is on his way. Cannot at all see why a £35m striker who was recently considered one of the hottest striking talents in football, who actually had a good record for Milan last season, would be stepping down to the Aston Villa's or Newcastle's of this world. IF, and it's a big if, he is actually available on loan, he'll be surely going to clubs who aren't fighting to survive. 

Stepping DOWN?! Greatest club in the World, mate! 😎

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Oh no, Drinkwater medical :lol:

I'm going to bring him up constantly when people say they want PL experience.

Can't see any benefit to this.

Just got to hope he’s got his head together and we see something of the league winning footballer he was, not the word removed he became. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Saw he was linked to Newcastle few days ago and dismissed as agent balls.

Not sure he'd suit that well tbh, but he is a high class finisher.

Must push for him if available.

1 minute ago, Teale's 'tache said:

This is The Athletics reporter for Villa, unfortunately seems to throw a tiny bit more weight behind the rumours :( 

Matt Law is reporting it too, stating that Drinkwater is at BMH undergoing a medical.....

"

Danny Drinkwater is at Bodymoor Heath having a medical ahead of joining Aston Villa on loan until the end of the season from Chelsea.

"