January Transfers 2019/20

sne

telegraph are close to the club too...i treat tweets from their reporters with the same certainty of the sky sports yellow bar

i remember when leicester won the league and we went down. i spent the game where they beat us at home watching their players (i was done with our lot by then) and watched drinkwater and okozaki tear us apart. they were brilliant. really hope he can recapture that form

• Like 1

Piatek sounds like the Coutinho rumour we had before he signed for Liverpool. His agent has probably 'leaked' it to the press to show that he wants to move, and we'll probably see him going somewhere much better than here, like PSG or Spurs.

If Drinksy can show anything like the form he showed for Leicester then he's exactly what we need, in fact people have been raving about Kalvin Phillips the last pages, Drinkwater is very similar style of midfielder.

Drinkwater might not be the most inspiring signing, but frankly he's an upgrade on most of our central midfielders. Just think of how much football Lansbury has played recently, someone like Drinkwater would be a much better option. Let's just hope the majority of the budget is being saved for strikers.

• Like 1

I'll reserve judgement on Drinkwater until (if) he signs and when (if) he plays for us.

I get that he hasn't played for about 7 years, but we've had players before that haven't played much for various reasons that have turned out decent (Mings etc).

Just now, wilko154 said:

Elephant in the room...

You can only loan one player from another PL club.

Does this mean we are buying Drinkwater? Buying Giroud? Or is Giroud now off the cards?

So many questions.

Has the rules changed then? Last time we were here we could loan 2.... Or even 2+Januzaj! 😛

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i remember when leicester won the league and we went down. i spent the game where they beat us at home watching their players (i was done with our lot by then) and watched drinkwater and okozaki tear us apart. they were brilliant. really hope he can recapture that form

What's he good at would you say?

From memory I've got him closer to the Danny Simpson levels of importance to the side than up with Riyad Mahrez.

"Get it. Kick long for Vardy." Was his main role I thought.

1 minute ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Has the rules changed then? Last time we were here we could loan 2.... Or even 2+Januzaj! 😛

Was it not different in Championship.  I think its only one in the premiership, so yup Giroud is out of the equation now. 

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

What's he good at would you say?

From memory I've got him closer to the Danny Simpson levels of importance to the side than up with Riyad Mahrez.

"Get it. Kick long for Vardy." Was his main role I thought.

he just seemed to be everywhere...dare i say it like mcginn

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Was it not different in Championship.  I think its only one in the premiership, so yup Giroud is out of the equation now. 

I'm with you now, whilst yes, we can loan two players whilst in the premier league, we can only get one player per club, so one from Chelsea and one from, say, Norwich ;) (I love Grant Holt)

6 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Elephant in the room...

You can only loan one player from another PL club.

Does this mean we are buying Drinkwater? Buying Giroud? Or is Giroud now off the cards?

So many questions.

- Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
- The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
- Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
- A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/464747

so we're allowed another loan, but it cannot be from chelsea. so yes, giroud off the table

• Like 1

We can have 2 players on loan as a Premier League Club, but both can't be loaned to us from the same team. So if Drinkwater signs on a loan, Giroud or Batshuayi can't then join us on loan.

5 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

The powers that be will obviously know this, so the plans are not to loan giroud. 

Ffs he has played 58mins of Premier League football since the start of last season. 

In that time he ploughed his range rover through a wall while pissed, got injured after a fight outside a nightclub, while pissed! 

He pretty much retired when he moved to Chelsea for £35million.

I suppose he can fill the Ross McCormack role! 

Of course he may well have mended his ways, be raring to go and be fit. However if that was the case would Burnley be sending him back?