January Transfers 2019/20

sne

8 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Was it not different in Championship.  I think its only one in the premiership, so yup Giroud is out of the equation now. 

Unless we buy Giroud on a short term deal. I would say Giroud is highly unlikely though anyway. He’ll think he’s above a relegation fight and he probably is..

8 minutes ago, Villastine said:

In that time he ploughed his range rover through a wall while pissed, got injured after a fight outside a nightclub, while pissed! 

it's like reading Paul McGraths autobiography...

6 minutes ago, Villastine said:

Ffs he has played 58mins of Premier League football since the start of last season. 

In that time he ploughed his range rover through a wall while pissed, got injured after a fight outside a nightclub, while pissed! 

He pretty much retired when he moved to Chelsea for £35million.

I suppose he can fill the Ross McCormack role! 

Of course he may well have mended his ways, be raring to go and be fit. However if that was the case would Burnley be sending him back? 

Lampard actually was singing his praises.  Said he was fantastic to work with bar the one incident.

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I actually don't mind Drinkwater on a loan. I know most people here are negative towards it, but I just can't see him being a worse option than Lansbury. 

I suppose the argument to that would be, why are we trying to improve our fringe players instead of first team players? Especially with the money talked about (upto 100k p/w wages).

Is Drinkwater better than Luiz/ Nakamba/ Hourihane for first team CM options? Maybe, but maybe not. I'm on the fence with Drinkwater. I hope Smith and co have seen enough to be happy that he will come in and have a positive impact.

That has forced Villa to start looking at options abroad, with Krzysztof Piatek, who has fallen down the AC Milan pecking order, and Gregoire Defrel, who the Midlands club considered in the summer and has been made available by Sassuolo, two potential options.

Telegraph

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Elton said:

Unless we buy Giroud on a short term deal. I would say Giroud is highly unlikely though anyway. He’ll think he’s above a relegation fight and he probably is..

I think Giroud only has six months left on his contract. They will probably like to sell him rather than loaning him out.

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Who is Gregoire Defrel? Telegraph rumour mill again...

weird one. according to wiki he's on loan at sassulo but telegraph reckon that sassulo actually own him

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Lampard actually was singing his praises.  Said he was fantastic to work with bar the one incident.

Lampard shipped him out on loan the minute he got the job despite Chelsea being under a transfer embargo. 

High praise indeed 

• Like 2

Aston Villa have been linked with a surprise move for AC Milan forward Krzysztof Piątek in the Italian press.

30 million pound move, we obviously have coin then to spend but do any of you know of him, in afraid I do not.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-krzysztof-piatek-17523980

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

weird one. according to wiki he's on loan at sassulo but telegraph reckon that sassulo actually own him

8 games, 1 goal and 1 assist this season. Never banged more than 12 in a season throughout his career, that in the 16/17 season. Not encouraging. 

Edited by Awol

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

I thought he was a Roma player, but he went to Sassuolo recently on loan with a clause to buy? A bit like Roma and Christante. 

Just now, Dave-R said:

Aston Villa have been linked with a surprise move for AC Milan forward Krzysztof Piątek in the Italian press.

30 million pound move, we obviously have coin then to spend but do any of you know of him, in afraid I do not.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-krzysztof-piatek-17523980

Look a few pages back.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Seriously doubt Piatek is on his way. Cannot at all see why a £35m striker who was recently considered one of the hottest striking talents in football, who actually had a good record for Milan last season, would be stepping down to the Aston Villa's or Newcastle's of this world. IF, and it's a big if, he is actually available on loan, he'll be surely going to clubs who aren't fighting to survive. 

The ol premier league chance for him, he joins us, scores a ton and keeps our prem season alive for next season, he's not only increased in value but he's wanted by the bigger clubs as well.

Good smart move for a player who knows he can fit right in and be a hit, by what everyone's saying it sounds as though he knows he could do the job here.

I'll trust whatever everyone is saying and go along and say yeah bring him in, I do not know anything about him.

Edited by Dave-R

18 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

sounds like there's some legs to the piatek rumour. Matt Law just tweeted it

interested in Grogoire Defrel too

Where has Law tweeted about Piatek? I can't find it

• Like 2