Cameron Archer

Zatman

2 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Kind of player we needed today. Watkin's all round game is better but not needed in games like this, we needed a finisher in the box.

How many chances did we give Watkins in the box?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

How many chances did we give Watkins in the box?

Hardly any, certainly not the reason we didn't score more but its becoming a bit of a trend where he's not involved as much against teams like this.

Archer just has more of that natural instinct and seems to be more of a right place right time kind of striker.

2 hours ago, Khizzy said:

Surprised that he celebrated the goal. Thought he would have had a bit more respect. 

On the radio afterwards they were saying he actually didn't?

From what I could see he sort of ran towards their fans and then got mobbed which was understandable as that could've been the biggest goal of the season when you think how transformation a win would've been.

No idea whatsoever why he's getting any criticism even if he did celebrate, he hardly ran to the Holte End cupping his ears.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Nothing wrong with celebration. Game showed us everything about him. Limited in open play but works hard and is lethal. 

He was really really feeding on scraps. Sheffield reminded me of a Lambert team when Benteke would have games just isolated upfront so it was really hard for him.

My main suspicion is Emery probably felt he was more effective in a two and just wouldn't do it upfront on his own like Ollie can most of the time so it will be really interesting to see if he continues in that formation tonight as v Liverpool Wilder actually played him as a left winger.

They also had McBurnie ready to come on just before the Duran flare up.

He waited 85 minutes for a significant touch in our penalty area and scored from it so that's the potential of a top prem striker one day I think as that's what the best can do.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Khizzy said:

Surprised that he celebrated the goal. Thought he would have had a bit more respect. 

I'm glad that he did

It was subdued and polite, how it should be 

And we shipped him out, I doubt he wanted to leave!, booing him is mad

Long hard season there, saying he fed off scraps would be generous, you'd get better service at a Karen restaurant 

From the highlights I saw on the OS, there was nothing wrong with his celebration. No knees slides, fist pumping, kissing the badge or whatever else offends people. He ran a little way and was mobbed by his team mates. Nothing to get upset about in my opinion.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

We turned off for the goal, not one player was ready.

Stunning one touch finish though, really well taken.

Wasn't that impressed with his all round play, there were loads of times we had possession and he was just standing there, not even so much as closing down or blocking one of the channels. Maybe that was strategic to just let us hold the ball though.

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Stunning one touch finish though, really well taken.

Wasn't that impressed with his all round play, there were loads of times we had possession and he was just standing there, not even so much as closing down or blocking one of the channels. Maybe that was strategic to just let us hold the ball though.

It's not hard to do that kind of finish when there is no pressure around you. Like I said, we were switched off, it was like a goal on the training pitch unchallenged. 

If it wasn't for the VAR shitness, we would be bemoaning how poor we were to conceed that goal.

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It's not hard to do that kind of finish when there is no pressure around you. Like I said, we were switched off, it was like a goal on the training pitch unchallenged. 

If it wasn't for the VAR shitness, we would be bemoaning how poor we were to conceed that goal.

The pointless VAR review on Jhon threw us off. No excuses for the sloppiness but the review wasn’t necessary - Jhon was fouled first and I don’t see why that wasn’t considered. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

Thought he played well with very little service, kept at it and great movement/finish when an opportunity finally came.

Though I can kind of see why Emery might not have wanted to keep him because it may be that he is best suited for this kind of counter-attacking role. If he'd been on our team against that kind of low block, I think he'd struggle to make impact. But he is still young and can improve on all-round game. Olly has improved his considerably since he first came. 

Â