Cameron Archer

Zatman

Just now, Olof82Mellberg4 said:

The bloke on twitter suggested it was mandatory

Annoyingly, it makes him incredibly hard to sell next season unless it's directly to a championship club for a much lower fee

thanks, weird one i think, a mandatory purchase if they are relegated seems a bit....weird.

i honestly doubt Emery will fancy him in the summer, so we will need to offload him again?, he's not exactly set the league alight, so doubt we would get 18m for him again, as you noted.

Just now, MaVilla said:

thanks, weird one i think, a mandatory purchase if they are relegated seems a bit....weird.

i honestly doubt Emery will fancy him in the summer, so we will need to offload him again?, he's not exactly set the league alight, so doubt we would get 18m for him again, as you noted.

Unai seemed prefer Duran over him and I dont think he has attributes play alone up top

If we have a mandatory buyback then I wonder the contract info. I doubt we are giving him a payrise to come back if its mandatory relegation transfer and guessing 4 more years minimum

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Unai seemed prefer Duran over him and I dont think he has attributes play alone up top

If we have a mandatory buyback then I wonder the contract info. I doubt we are giving him a payrise to come back if its mandatory relegation transfer and guessing 4 more years minimum

ye, its a weird one.

I wonder if we will go back to loaning him out, or try and offload him again?

Makes me wonder what the buy back is, as if its remotely close to the 18m Sheff utd paid, i dont see us getting a similar fee to that for him?

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

ye, its a weird one.

I wonder if we will go back to loaning him out, or try and offload him again?

Makes me wonder what the buy back is, as if its remotely close to the 18m Sheff utd paid, i dont see us getting a similar fee to that for him?

Tweet that sparked this said they just paid 8 million for him and another 10 million if they stay up.

If go down we pay 10 million to bring him back 

Just now, Zatman said:

Tweet that sparked this said they just paid 8 million for him and another 10 million if they stay up.

ah, that sounds.....more reasonable, i guess.

would still not be part of ouyr plans i would guess, so would need to cash in again, or more loans etc.

We knew there was a good chance Sheff Utd could go down so we must be fine with him coming back. Maybe we even saw it like a loan but with the benefit of it helping with FFP. I'd be happy to have him back as the 3rd striking option. More homegrown players for Europe would be useful too.

1 minute ago, villan95 said:

We knew there was a good chance Sheff Utd could go down so we must be fine with him coming back. Maybe we even saw it like a loan but with the benefit of it helping with FFP. I'd be happy to have him back as the 3rd striking option. More homegrown players for Europe would be useful too.

he is nowhere near good enough, or remotely suits our playing style.

i would literally bet £100 Emery will want him sold/loaned again, in the summer.

2 minutes ago, villan95 said:

You might be happy havng him back as the '3rd' striking option. I'm sure he won't be though, since getting first team football with Sheffield.

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

That would be a really really stupid deal by us.

Doubt we'll be making a loss on him being out on loan, and scoring against us. Shocker if we are.

Just now, Tomaszk said:

That would be a really really stupid deal by us.

Doubt we'll be making a loss on him being out on loan, and scoring against us. Shocker if we are.

I said similar at time. That goal could cost us top 4 for example

I am sure that we could have just loaned him for a couple million with an obligation to buy

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

IIRC it said they paid £9M and we get him back for £7M if they go down, so would be like them paying a £2M loan fee.

Sheffield United fans were surprised that Archer didn't start today, from what I can tell they seem to rate him, and put his lack of goals down to 'feeding off scraps' as much as anything, other than the last two games I think he's started every game for them, and he has come off the bench in the last two, so he's hardly struggling for game time, maybe he's carrying a slight injury at the moment and they're managing it, I seem to recall that happening at both Solihull and MIddlesbrough loans, or maybe they just think he needed a rest

If we really do have an obligation to buy him back upon relegation then I'm pretty sure we would have no trouble fining another buyer if that's what we would want, in fact I'm pretty sure Sheffield United would take him back, or maybe we just keep him and send him to Vitoria or something

I hope we've got the same obligation to buy Ramsey back

19 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

he is nowhere near good enough, or remotely suits our playing style.

i would literally bet £100 Emery will want him sold/loaned again, in the summer.

I think he has some good qualities and could be an option offering something a bit different.

I do think we'll probably look to sell him again though fwiw.

45 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

ah, that sounds.....more reasonable, i guess.

would still not be part of ouyr plans i would guess, so would need to cash in again, or more loans etc.

No it doesn't.

Sounds like me paid 2m for them to tank his value and reputation.

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

No it doesn't.

Sounds like me paid 2m for them to tank his value and reputation.

its better than us paying 18m....

• 2 weeks later...

It’s such an unusual way to do business. So he’s agreed a contract with SU. He will need to agree another contract with Villa to come back? What happens if he refuses the contract offer?

6 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

It’s such an unusual way to do business. So he’s agreed a contract with SU. He will need to agree another contract with Villa to come back? What happens if he refuses the contract offer?

Then he doesn't come back.

I'd assume the player has a say in where they go - even in an agreed buy-back is in place.

Just now, bobzy said:

Then he doesn't come back.

I'd assume the player has a say in where they go - even in an agreed buy-back is in place.

8 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Usually as part of buy-backs, the new 'buy-back' contract is pre-agreed in the transfer IIRC

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Usually as part of buy-backs, the new 'buy-back' contract is pre-agreed in the transfer IIRC

Not sure how that can be the case generally - unless there's a definitive date on which a buy-back would definitely occur.  Otherwise, how would you draw up a contract?

In this instance, it seems that relegation would be the trigger point so a certain date could be given, I suppose.  But what if he's seriously injured or doesn't want to return to Villa?  Surely there'd be some employment rights that would null and void a future contract?

Â