Cameron Archer

Zatman

11 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Hardly any, certainly not the reason we didn't score more but its becoming a bit of a trend where he's not involved as much against teams like this.

Archer just has more of that natural instinct and seems to be more of a right place right time kind of striker.

His 3 league goals this season suggests that Watkins is a far superior striker. 

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Felt Konsa handled him fine all night - even with his pace. I like Cam, but I absolutely see why we sold him. 

I thought there were 2 or 3 times where he was surprisingly slow, dangerous looking balls over the top that konsa was more than comfortable with 

Cam is quick. Ez is quick, but what we have learned is that Ez has huge recovery ability to get between the man and the ball and then get fouled. Thought Cam showed some real strength at times and some naivety at times in equal measure. Still love the kid though. Villa through and through. 

15 hours ago, Khizzy said:

Surprised that he celebrated the goal. Thought he would have had a bit more respect. 

I think that Zaniolo showed what a celebration looked like. He had a grin on his face but didnt go mad and defo didnt do the Archer celebration that is his trademark. Showed respect and actually said in his post match interview he had mixed emotions. 

No problem with the very muted celebration. Quick feet and no one marking him then barely celebrated his 3rd league goal and what looked to be the winner at a struggling side. 

Game was everything we knew about Archer. Konsa easily handled him and he had a few good hold ups but not effective at maintaining the ball or moving Sheffield down the pitch. 

But leave him unmarked in the box at your own peril. Terrible by us to have no one around him. Part of a pair that hasn’t played together (Konsa-Lenglet) and no one picking up Archer standing unopposed. 

4 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

No problem with the very muted celebration. Quick feet and no one marking him then barely celebrated his 3rd league goal and what looked to be the winner at a struggling side. 

Game was everything we knew about Archer. Konsa easily handled him and he had a few good hold ups but not effective at maintaining the ball or moving Sheffield down the pitch. 

But leave him unmarked in the box at your own peril. Terrible by us to have no one around him. Part of a pair that hasn’t played together (Konsa-Lenglet) and no one picking up Archer standing unopposed. 

If he had been around 20 years ago he would have been like Andy Cole . Love the kid. 

1 hour ago, DJBOB said:

Plenty of players around him but all of them were ball watching 🤦 Shambles of a goal to concede!

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

If he had been around 20 years ago he would have been like Andy Cole . Love the kid. 

Andy Cole? THE Andy Cole? 

Come on surely you don't mean that? Andy Cole was a world class finisher who scored goals for fun and went on to win trophies galore.

Archer is a decent Championship striker who is at a rock bottom Prem club. 

Better than Duran, but that's not a high bar. I expect Archer to be playing 2nd tier football next season.

Comparing Archer to Cole is like comparing Olsen to Schmeichel.

Different stratosphere.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

How could anyone have an issue even if he celebrated like mad? As a club we've told him he's not good enough. He'd be well in his right to celebrate scoring a goal. 

Totally agree. And he isn’t good enough so we were right to get rid. Wish we had bought an upgrade but we will get round to that. 

No issue with him celebrating as I can't see him ever getting that chanve at Villa Park again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He's sharp but over 10/20/30 yards he's really not too rapid, that's his major problem at this level.

I still rate him though and have him here as second choice striker.

I got criticized for saying this when hr scored against Wolves

34 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Andy Cole? THE Andy Cole? 

Come on surely you don't mean that? Andy Cole was a world class finisher who scored goals for fun and went on to win trophies galore.

Archer is a decent Championship striker who is at a rock bottom Prem club. 

Better than Duran, but that's not a high bar. I expect Archer to be playing 2nd tier football next season.

Comparing Archer to Cole is like comparing Olsen to Schmeichel.

Different stratosphere.

Yep. The same one. I know i have my claret and blues on and the game has completely changed for a striker. But archer in the 90s with a brilliant strike partner would be the same type as Cole. A pale imitation in reality but the same. Watching him loads at Boro last year with Akpom and it was like Yorke and Cole at 80 percent.  And now he is back to being 5 ft7 and having to play up front on his own for Sheffield 

Â