Cameron Archer

Zatman

If thats true that is a bizarre deal and one that could potentially cost us Champions League. We would have been better charging a loan fee and a transfer fee after staying up

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If thats true that is a bizarre deal and one that could potentially cost us Champions League. We would have been better charging a loan fee and a transfer fee after staying up

Why would it cost us CL? Duran is a more suited option for us. Archer would have barely played.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Why would it cost us CL? Duran is a more suited option for us. Archer would have barely played.

If that Sheffield United draw costs us a top 4 spot it will have done damage. If was a loan he would not have played

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If that Sheffield United draw costs us a top 4 spot it will have done damage. If was a loan he would not have played

Ah I see. That would be quite karmic from a Sheffield United point of view.

20 minutes ago, useless said:

If that Sheffield United draw costs us top four, then that will be our own fault for failling to beat one of the worst teams in Premier League history, regardless of Archer scoring in that game, we should be scoring more than one goal past them, we weren't even unlucky, just poor in an attacking sense on the night, much is made about them putting lots of men behind the ball, but truth be told they didn't even have to defend well to stop us scoring, if you really wanted to blame someone else you could say we were unlucky with the refereeing decisions, but point is we still should have had enought to beat that Sheffield United team, even with Archer getting a goal for them, that we didn't is our own fault on the night, not the fault of the decision to sell Archer.

Yes also VAR did more to stop us winning that game than Archer. 

Much like the Hawkeye failure, one goal or one result won’t be the cause of our whether we achieve something or not. 

Interesting to see Cameron’s contract situation confirmed. My question is do we think his value will have increased from when we sold him in the first place?

35 minutes ago, useless said:

If that Sheffield United draw costs us top four, then that will be our own fault for failling to beat one of the worst teams in Premier League history, regardless of Archer scoring in that game, we should be scoring more than one goal past them, we weren't even unlucky, just poor in an attacking sense on the night, much is made about them putting lots of men behind the ball, but truth be told they didn't even have to defend well to stop us scoring, if you really wanted to blame someone else you could say we were unlucky with the refereeing decisions, but point is we still should have had enought to beat that Sheffield United team, even with Archer getting a goal for them, that we didn't is our own fault on the night, not the fault of the decision to sell Archer.

No more than the Man United loss will cost us. 2-0 up against a shite Man poo and ended up 2-3. Was worse if you ask me, since proved they are still crap too.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I'm sure we've wrangled FFP so that the transfer out and then potentially back in gives us more room

Pure profit!!! Or some such nonsense 

Gonna guess Monchi has a fair clue about what he's done and why

£18m pure profit on the books this year.  Sign him back on a five year deal for the same amount, £3.6m out on the books for the next five years.  FFP wrangling at its finest.

22 hours ago, Zatman said:

It doesn't work like that though, if he wasn't playing then someone else would have played instead of him. Its not as simple as if he wasn't playing we would have won.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Olof82Mellberg4 said:

Benched for the 2nd game in a row

Can't even get in the worst team in the league, some of the bed wetting over selling him was hilarious

Probably more for the games gone thread 

I'd say most of the bed wetting was clinging on to the belief that football is better when it's guys from your academy breaking through rather than multi million pound players who are here for 3/4 years before moving on with very little affinity between the player and the fans

As fun and exciting as some of the transfer links can be I'd still rather Ramsey became a world beater or kadan young went on to play for England, not saying Archer would have done but at the same time he didn't really get a "fair" chance at breaking through either

Us selling Archer and AJ is a sad reality of what modern football is and I think a lot of us, myself included, don't want it 

Grealish and Ramsey made it here (?) 2 players in the last 10 years, I do find it sad that there's every danger no one from the FA youth winning team will make it here, I can remember the excitement when we won it, now it seems a bit futile 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Probably more for the games gone thread 

I'd say most of the bed wetting was clinging on to the belief that football is better when it's guys from your academy breaking through rather than multi million pound players who are here for 3/4 years before moving on with very little affinity between the player and the fans

As fun and exciting as some of the transfer links can be I'd still rather Ramsey became a world beater or kadan young went on to play for England, not saying Archer would have done but at the same time he didn't really get a "fair" chance at breaking through either

Us selling Archer and AJ is a sad reality of what modern football is and I think a lot of us, myself included, don't want it 

Grealish and Ramsey made it here (?) 2 players in the last 10 years, I do find it sad that there's every danger no one from the FA youth winning team will make it here, I can remember the excitement when we won it, now it seems a bit futile 

Normally would agree but a lot of the bed wetting came from the Ollie isn't going to take us next level camp

I am sure when Archer scored on his debut Ollie didnt have a league goal yet and some said he would outscore Ollie

2 hours ago, Olof82Mellberg4 said:

Benched for the 2nd game in a row

Can't even get in the worst team in the league, some of the bed wetting over selling him was hilarious

@Delphinho123

Don't worry. We're buying him back in the summer.

Edited by Tomaszk

33 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

is his buy back mandatory if they go down?

or is it an optional buy back?

The bloke on twitter suggested it was mandatory

Annoyingly, it makes him incredibly hard to sell next season unless it's directly to a championship club for a much lower fee

Â