Cameron Archer

Zatman

Completely two footed, lethal finishing when given a chance, great movement off the last defender, and great vision to see what's around him while he's on the ball.

Archer has a lot of attributes that will see him be an extremely capable PL striker.

Whether he does enough other than scoring (which in the modern day seems to be a requirement) and whether he works in an Emery team, remains to be seen. 

I don't see why he can't though, he's got the strength and he's got reasonable pace. Have him coached by Emery, instead of whoever we've loaned him out too, and we'll get the best out of him, which is something we've not yet had chance to see. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We have loaned him out because playing 90 minutes every week for a team chasing promotion will be much better for his development then 10 minutes here and there.

Especially when Steven had more or less frozen him out for so long.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

To stop spamming up the Duran thread.

I guess for me, I don't quite share the level of optimism some have for Cameron - he's a good young player and one who should have a decent career, but I think he may already be at his ceiling. 

I see him, if he reaches his potential, having a similar kind of career as a sort of Dwight Gayle or Andy Weimann type - bouncing between the upper Championship and lower Prem, scoring some goals but not really making the jump to the top level.

I think he'll be well liked somewhere, and justifiably so, but I don't think he's going to push through and drive us to where we want to be.

Cashing in this summer with his value at its highest would, in my opinion, make a lot of sense.

I’m on the same page. Like him but don’t think he’s gunna make it here. I’d cash in on him this summer simply due to the fact it’ll be pure FFP profit… We have Rory Wilson hopefully to break through 

• Like 1

He's going to have at the end of this season just 1 season of Championship football and some tiny bit of PL action. We have him on a long contract and I think we need to loan him out for a full season next season see how impressive he can be either in Boro team in PL or top Championship team. Same goes for AJ

Wasn’t at his best today but when he gets the smell of a chance he’s lethal. Took his goal very well, difficult chance when the ball is coming down flat, had to generate the power on the header. 

On 10/03/2023 at 17:41, The Fun Factory said:

I don't think you can make a call on him until he gets a run of starts in the first team. It is very hard for a player to make an impression with 5-10 minute appearances. Every time he goes out on loan he looks a handful.

It's is very hard but that's why only the very best make it through the academy system into the first team. Ramsey and Grealish both managed it, arguably it's harder for a forward as you're typically competing for one or two spaces and are judged on output.

He will either need to score in those 5-10 minutes cameos or go through the loan system and score a hatfull.

Archer has the goalscoring ability to be the next jermain defoe, has that same goalscoring instinct and no doubt will have a great career with us if given the opportunity to play upfront. Nobody can say he fails to deliver when given the opportunity!

• Like 1

Â