Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

38 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Say that again and I will physically and mentally assault you. 

I will kick you in the nuts, use my fist to punch your face into a meaningless pulp of blood, puss and brain matter.  

I will cut your **** hands off and shove them in a blender and drink them.

I will shove my hand in your body cavity, turn you sideways and use your arse cheeks like a **** sock puppet to teach children the dangers of sheet metal.

And if you in anyway take that as me being aggressive, then frankly you're mental.  I've never said anything nasty to anyone before.

Crazy Cuckoo GIF - Crazy Cuckoo Nuts GIFs

Edited by terrytini
https://youtu.be/AmD8y0PJ2Vo
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Raver50032 said:

Another thread seems to have lost its way into contrite farce. What on earth is happening to everyone? It's turning into the BBC News Facebook comments section on here.

There were about two comments and exactly the sort of conversation that could have happened in a pub. Nothing to see here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

erm idk GIF by Good Girls

erm, I used Salifou as an example because we rarely got to see him due to competition we had in the squad at the time.. And we have similar amounts of competition now, so someone will not be getting many games.

If you think I used Salifou as an example because he's a black guy from Africa, then that's your problem, not mine thank you.

Why didn't I used Berson as the example?  Because Berson was signed 15/17 years ago, not 10, so it was easier to recall in that moment. 

So whilst I am at work, being naughty by coming onto VT and quickly reading/posting - I WILL make lazy (or just quick in this case) comparisons.  I'm happy that you have the time to consider all the intricacies and potential slip ups when posting. 

So, to be absolutely clear - I didn't consider prices, I didn't consider heritage, I didn't consider skin colour.  What I did consider was how many players we have in that position, and how I perceived they would be prioritized to play by Dean Smith, i.e. Luiz has now started playing, Jack is our captain, McGinn is basically the first name on the team sheet and Dean knows and trusts Conor to play decently. 

I'm irritated now, thanks. 

I mean we still have Henri Lansbury in the squad who still holds the title of next Salifou.,

9 hours ago, Ponky said:

For what it's worth, we're not paying £12m for a bloke and hardly playing him. 

Hearing this about a few of our signings (Targett, Nakamba, Konsa), but disagree.

If you sign a player for £10-15m and then they don't train well, don't perform well in cup games or off the bench, other players outshine them, etc. it's perfectly possible that they end up warming the bench. That money doesn't buy you a Ronaldo or a Shearer anymore.

Fielding a player purely because you spent good money on him is succumbing to the sunk cost fallacy. Important thing is that players are picked on merit. Sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and say you made a mistake, or the player didn't progress as he should have, and regardless of what you spent on him, he isn't good enough to start.

Obviously too early to say whether this is the case with Nakamba, but I wouldn't write off the possibility.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KentVillan said:

If you sign a player for £10-15m and then they don't train well, don't perform well in cup games or off the bench, other players outshine them, etc. it's perfectly possible that they end up warming the bench. That money doesn't buy you a Ronaldo or a Shearer anymore.

That's all fair enough. But it's not chump change. If you're going to spend £12m on a player you're going to give him every chance to prove himself before making a call as to whether he's a nailed on starter, rotation or backup. 

There would have been plenty of opportunities to recruit a capable backup from the Championship or elsewhere for a half that price (e.g. that Vucovic fellow we were supposedly after) and saved money, but the fact that we actively pursued, paid good money (and probably over the odds) for and ultimately got Marv over the line suggests that Smith fully intends to use him. 

It may well turn out that he is not much chop and significantly behind other players in the pecking order, but given the price we paid I think he'll be given every chance to prove otherwise. 

On 14/08/2019 at 10:47, Ponky said:

That's all fair enough. But it's not chump change. If you're going to spend £12m on a player you're going to give him every chance to prove himself before making a call as to whether he's a nailed on starter, rotation or backup. 

There would have been plenty of opportunities to recruit a capable backup from the Championship or elsewhere for a half that price (e.g. that Vucovic fellow we were supposedly after) and saved money, but the fact that we actively pursued, paid good money (and probably over the odds) for and ultimately got Marv over the line suggests that Smith fully intends to use him. 

It may well turn out that he is not much chop and significantly behind other players in the pecking order, but given the price we paid I think he'll be given every chance to prove otherwise. 

Club brugge is similar team as botton half of Championship at best. Signing player from this team is huge risk. If he had proven nationalteam exp. it would have minimised the risk. Whelan Jedinak and Bjarnason would have save a lot of money for Villa and add guarentee experience at same/similar level.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Jonsi77 said:

Club brugge is similar team as botton half of Championship at best. Signing player from this team is huge risk. If he had proven nationalteam exp. it would have minimised the risk. Whelan Jedinak and Bjarnason would have save a lot of money for Villa and add guarentee experience at same/similar level.

Give it a rest. 

The only thing Whelan, Jedinak and Bjarnason would have guaranteed would be relegation. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Give it a rest. 

The only thing Whelan, Jedinak and Bjarnason would have guaranteed would be relegation. 

Huge statement without argument!

11 minutes ago, Jonsi77 said:

Give it a rest. 

Out of interest, which premier League teams or championship teams or league one teams have picked up those players.

None.

Stop trolling.

7 minutes ago, Jonsi77 said:

So what about Hibs up there in Scotland? What about Genk?

What about Basel itself who we go Thor from?

I'll tell you something mate, I really liked Bjarnsson, Especially in his second season. I was saying that we must play him. But his last run wasn't as good, his passing and whole play isn't as good. He had a goal or assist in him but to be honest I think the best thing for all parties is him to go. 

I like Iceland as a country (I have visited it and really had some connection with it) but the second reason for me to follow them at the world cup was Thor himself.

Anyway fair play to him, he want somewhere to play as a starter. He would have been a 4th DM choice here.

• Like 1

Â