Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

1 minute ago, jim said:

Meaningless friendly. Marvelous has been at the club a few days and would probably benefit from another week training with the team.

The mistake would be starting him. Just because Hourihane starts today doesn’t mean he is a shoe in for a starting position next week.

Fair point 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

A good 2 weeks or so training with the squad I think before we see him unless hes a machine and fits in 100% straight from the off.

But then do you drop connor ? 

Yes

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Yes

🤣

And then do you drop marvelous for Luiz ?

One player may be far better than another but it's how they 'fit' around the rest of the team.

For the weaknesses ch has he also makes up for it with forward play.

I would like to see all our new signings, but I think they will be carefully integrated into the team, not at the expense of the rest of the team.

Edited by brummybloke

Just now, brummybloke said:

🤣

And then do you drop marvelous for Luiz ?

Well as douglas is "supposed" to be joining up with the team on Monday (who knows if true), I would just select the best player for the role, so either Luiz or Nakamba.

Listened to the latest sky transfer podcast, they had a belgium football expert on.

He said he was surprised that a prem team had signed him and that he didn't excel in the belgium league like Wesley. 

I think he's here as back up and development. Luiz being the starter. 

Sounds like we missed out on phillips

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Listened to the latest sky transfer podcast, they had a belgium football expert on.

He said he was surprised that a prem team had signed him and that he didn't excel in the belgium league like Wesley. 

I think he's here as back up and development. Luiz being the starter. 

Sounds like we missed out on phillips

11 minutes ago, quazzie goat said:

I wouldn’t read into Sky’s foreign football experts too much, they had Balague as the Spanish football expert for years who talks out his arse. 

Yeah I believe the English go to expert for foreign football channels is the highly intelligent and dripping in expertise Sam allardyce..... :)

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, JoeParker91 said:

There was a behind closed doors friendly today that Marvelous played in. 

Any news anywhere?

Â