Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

I have the feeling he'll be the next Salifou. 

As in, we'll rarely see him.

But I know nothing about him or how he plays, so I'm probably talking shit. 

Just at the moment, I can't see him getting in ahead of Jack, John, Conor or Douglas. 

8 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Just at the moment, I can't see him getting in ahead of Jack, John, Conor or Douglas. 

(For the record, this was not a comment on any level of racism, but only the slightly lazy comparisons we all make!!)

So basically, he's African and you haven't seen him play yet, so he's the next Salifu. (Yes, I've interpreted your thought process for myself, but what else do you have to go on? It's not like you said he was the next Berson.) 

Just like Jota is the next Gil because they're both Spanish.

And any Scottish manager is a dick because of Mcleish.

I know you didn't say those last two things, but we've all seen these exact comparisons. It's really frikking lazy thinking imo. If you wanted to use another point of comparison between Salifu and Nakamba, other than his being African (again, I'm presuming, but, again, really – why else would you make the comparison?), why don't you compare transfer fees? One was £12million or something, the other was about £20. Or why don't you compare the clubs they were at before, and the standard of the football? One was playing in the Champions League for Brugge along with two of our other signings, and by all accounts, was one of the star players, the other had played 20 games for FC Wil. But, no, he's African and you haven't seen him play, so he's like Salifu.

I think my only point is this: I doubt he's the next Salifu!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

(For the record, this was not a comment on any level of racism, but only the slightly lazy comparisons we all make!!)

So basically, he's African and you haven't seen him play yet, so he's the next Salifu. (Yes, I've interpreted your thought process for myself, but what else do you have to go on? It's not like you said he was the next Berson.) 

Just like Jota is the next Gil because they're both Spanish.

And any Scottish manager is a dick because of Mcleish.

I know you didn't say those last two things, but we've all seen these exact comparisons. It's really frikking lazy thinking imo. If you wanted to use another point of comparison between Salifu and Nakamba, other than his being African (again, I'm presuming, but, again, really – why else would you make the comparison?), why don't you compare transfer fees? One was £12million or something, the other was about £20. Or why don't you compare the clubs they were at before, and the standard of the football? One was playing in the Champions League for Brugge along with two of our other signings, and by all accounts, was one of the star players, the other had played 20 games for FC Wil. But, no, he's African and you haven't seen him play, so he's like Salifu.

I think my only point is this: I doubt he's the next Salifu!

Eh it's SalifOu

Racist

10 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I'm irritated now, thanks. 

Apologies. I never said it was because he was black btw! Anyway, in a pub, if you'd have said what you said, I'd have said what I said, you'd have said what you said back, that it was just about him never appearing, and we'd all be fine and happy. I definitely wasn't accusing you of anything negative other than what I thought it was a lazy comparison. It reminded me of other similar things, but not from you of course. Genuinely don't want to irritate you at work though, so sorry about that. I have high hopes for Marvellous.

Awkward Mark Paul Gosselaar GIF by Pitch on FOX
Edited by praisedmambo
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Apologies. I never said it was because he was black btw! Anyway, in a pub, if you'd have said what you said, I'd have said what I said, you'd have said what you said back, that it was just about him never appearing, and we'd all be fine and happy. I definitely wasn't accusing you of anything negative other than what I thought it was a lazy comparison. It reminded me of other similar things, but not from you of course. Genuinely don't want to irritate you at work though, so sorry about that. I have high hopes for Marvellous.

Awkward Mark Paul Gosselaar GIF by Pitch on FOX

Thanks for that :thumb:  

It's words and lack of time to explain fully.  But I'd rather not get called out, even if other posters may have made those comparisons you mentioned (although I'll be honest and say I've not seen them, although I may well have said Jota reminds me of Gil at some point!). 

I hope he plays and shows us he is the next Kant... I mean Makalel... erm... wonderful defensive midfielder in the Prem! ;)  

Anyway, it's not the black people I hate, it those OTHER guys.. 😇

10 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Thanks for that :thumb:  

It's words and lack of time to explain fully.  But I'd rather not get called out, even if other posters may have made those comparisons you mentioned (although I'll be honest and say I've not seen them, although I may well have said Jota reminds me of Gil at some point!). 

I hope he plays and shows us he is the next Kant... I mean Makalel... erm... wonderful defensive midfielder in the Prem! ;)  

Anyway, it's not the black people I hate, it those OTHER guys.. 😇

Haha. Sorry tbh, it's bad of me to post what I did, ironically for my lazy thinking. The truth is I/we see so many posts by so many people and I made a pattern of behaviour by probably conflating a dozen posts by a dozen people. I shouldn't have bothered writing what I did. My bad. I was procrastinating and I got carried away! And I hate the other guys too. Apologies again.

Edited by praisedmambo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I have to say I fully agree with one of those sentences 😀

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I have to say I fully agree with one of those sentences 😀

Say that again and I will physically and mentally assault you. 

I will kick you in the nuts, use my fist to punch your face into a meaningless pulp of blood, puss and brain matter.  

I will cut your **** hands off and shove them in a blender and drink them.

I will shove my hand in your body cavity, turn you sideways and use your arse cheeks like a **** sock puppet to teach children the dangers of sheet metal.

And if you in anyway take that as me being aggressive, then frankly you're mental.  I've never said anything nasty to anyone before.

Crazy Cuckoo GIF - Crazy Cuckoo Nuts GIFs

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ponky said:

For what it's worth, we're not paying £12m for a bloke and hardly playing him. 

We paid £12m for Konsa too, it’s good to have these options in the squad but of course, they won’t like the lack of game time 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

erm idk GIF by Good Girls

erm, I used Salifou as an example because we rarely got to see him due to competition we had in the squad at the time.. And we have similar amounts of competition now, so someone will not be getting many games.

If you think I used Salifou as an example because he's a black guy from Africa, then that's your problem, not mine thank you.

Why didn't I used Berson as the example?  Because Berson was signed 15/17 years ago, not 10, so it was easier to recall in that moment. 

So whilst I am at work, being naughty by coming onto VT and quickly reading/posting - I WILL make lazy (or just quick in this case) comparisons.  I'm happy that you have the time to consider all the intricacies and potential slip ups when posting. 

So, to be absolutely clear - I didn't consider prices, I didn't consider heritage, I didn't consider skin colour.  What I did consider was how many players we have in that position, and how I perceived they would be prioritized to play by Dean Smith, i.e. Luiz has now started playing, Jack is our captain, McGinn is basically the first name on the team sheet and Dean knows and trusts Conor to play decently. 

I'm irritated now, thanks. 

Wait, what? Did you use the word "Lazy" in that post? It's pretty obvious to me why that particular word came so effortlessly to you when posting on this subject. :crylaugh: I'm not sure even a three year term in a Common Purpose Reeducation Gulag will get you sorted.

5 minutes ago, Ponky said:

For what it's worth, we're not paying £12m for a bloke and hardly playing him. 

Someone has to miss out.  We've got McGinn, Jack, Conor, Luiz & Marvelous to fit into 3 spots. 

Someone isn't going to be playing, and Luiz cost more than Marvelous and Conor, so I'd imagine using your thinking it probably won't be him. 

7 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Someone has to miss out.  We've got McGinn, Jack, Conor, Luiz & Marvelous to fit into 3 spots. 

Someone isn't going to be playing, and Luiz cost more than Marvelous and Conor, so I'd imagine using your thinking it probably won't be him. 

Rotation due to injuries, form and cup plus just regular substitutions should give all of them a chance to make an impact this season 

Â