Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

In the YouTube videos he looks strong and skilful, but he does look quite slight of frame in the photos. I’m sure he’ll be a good player, he’s certainly well spoken of and highly rated. Looks can be deceiving so I’m sure I’m wrong and he’s strong as an ox.

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

looks pretty tenacious.

Marvelous Nakamba - Welcome To Aston Villa - Insane Dribbling % Skills 2018/19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlF0GDwAVzo

Looks to enjoy tackling and breaking up play, we'll need that against Spurs...don't think Hourihane can do that.

The game today will have helped him and maybe there's a behind doors friendly organised around midweek to help?

35 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

looks pretty tenacious.

Marvelous Nakamba - Welcome To Aston Villa - Insane Dribbling % Skills 2018/19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlF0GDwAVzo

They all look good on YouTube, but from that I reckon a midfield of

Nakamba

Luiz.                 McGinn

Would run almost any team off the pitch, I normally hate the formation but I wouldn't back against trialling a diamond with Jack Infront of that. think they could limit the exposure of the fullbacks with no wingers. 

Surely the most energetic midfield in the league (based off what we know of McGinns game and the videos of Luiz and Nakamba TBF)

36 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

They all look good on YouTube, but from that I reckon a midfield of

Nakamba

Luiz.                 McGinn

Would run almost any team off the pitch, I normally hate the formation but I wouldn't back against trialling a diamond with Jack Infront of that. think they could limit the exposure of the fullbacks with no wingers. 

Surely the most energetic midfield in the league (based off what we know of McGinns game and the videos of Luiz and Nakamba TBF)

No Grealish?

I think the biggest issue is how we accommodate all 5 of them?

9 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

No Grealish?

I think the biggest issue is how we accommodate all 5 of them?

In a Diamond Jack would play Infront of those three, behind two Strikers. Not sure it's what I'd do, our width is our biggest asset.

Id just be interested to see if it would open Jack up to play further forward, more direct and to see how Nakamba, Luiz and John did together and if they could press the opposition out of the game

Edited by HalfTimePost

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Some interesting comments being dropped in this thread..

I think a lot of optimism about Marvelous and Douglas as the hot new things. In reality we've not seen them play yet and they will be given time to settle in and gel.

Conor might not be the most defensively solid DM, but he does do a good job in some areas and has a link with the others around him. Given the lack of time Nakamba and Douglas have had with the squad I'd be shocked if either started the first game. I wouldn't be surprised if we see Conor in that role until the international break. I don't think we'd have signed 2 DM's though if Smith expected Conor to hold that role down long term

• Like 1

I watched that highlights video and all I saw was Yellow and Red cards!! He's off the ground quite a lot, VAR could have a field day!! I like a little bit of tenacity, McGinn has it and we saw how many cards he got last season - this guy might be that little bit further over the line based on that video.

Defensive midfielders should be breaking up play through positioning and controlled tackling, keeping it calm and quickly releasing the ball. Again, only based on that video, Nakamba seems to be diving in and going on little runs - he seems more direct competition to McGinn than a true DM.

No issue with any of those challenges in they recent 3 min video. He looks great.

But an earlier one that was posted right after he was linked I remember I said he'd get sent off every week with those tackles. Two feet up is a no-no. You can win the ball clean as a whistle and you're still off half the time. Hopefully he's been told that.

I'd start him at Tottenham.

Looking at the vid he looks more like back/competition to McGinn rather than a holding DM. Not that he couldn't play there and McGinn stays if Nakamba goes on a run. 

With 14/15 leaving in the summer I could still see us signing someone like Santamaria along with a striker and winger with Thor, Tishbola and Lansbury leaving with Hourihane as Grealish back-up. Maybe that's just being greedy. 

Â