Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

assuming Douglas Luiz wont be in Germany, Nakamba had better start in the DM role, if Hourihane starts there im going to be really concerned.....

Why? It’s pre season and the kid has been here for 5 minutes. What an odd thing to say.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Because that's my opinion.....

But what is really concerning about a player who has been at the club for a few days not playing in a pre season friendly? 

7 minutes ago, jim said:

But what is really concerning about a player who has been at the club for a few days not playing in a pre season friendly? 

I wouldn't be really concerned myself but disappointed.

Hourihane starts we lose first game of the season.

9 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Playing against Spurs no matter who plays we are likely to lose it. They’re a very good top four side and we’ve just been promoted. So if Hourihane starts and we lose it isn’t all down to him. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

Playing against Spurs no matter who plays we are likely to lose it. They’re a very good top four side and we’ve just been promoted. So if Hourihane starts and we lose it isn’t all down to him. 

Correct.

We might get something with a different player though.

Edited by Tomaszk

1 minute ago, hippo said:

I thought it was a given he (and a few of the others) may take a while to get up to speed

It is. But when fans don’t like a player any alternative feels like a better option. 

I don’t think Hourihane is a defensive midfield but I’d understand if he started against Spurs. 

However Nakambe after 2 weeks training and one preseason game will probably be ready to start. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

He's really not that poor. 

He is this season's Westwood.

He scores a hattrick at old Trafford and he will still be the scapegoat for our season, Brexit, Trump and the global warming.

Welcome to VT ;)

58 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

How does Hourihane starting today mean we lose against Spurs?

Another week with the squad could be Marvelous for Nakamba. Rather than rushing him for a meaningless friendly. 

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Hourihane starts in the DM position vs Leipzig.

big mistake imo, should have been Nakamba. (or Luiz if available)

Meaningless friendly. Marvelous has been at the club a few days and would probably benefit from another week training with the team.

The mistake would be starting him. Just because Hourihane starts today doesn’t mean he is a shoe in for a starting position next week.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

In what way?

Because he isn't a DM, and he definately isnt a good enough DM for the prem.

He did ok in the championship in that role, but not good enough in the prem.

Â