Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

3 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

So what about Hibs up there in Scotland? What about Genk?

What about Basel itself who we go Thor from?

I'll tell you something mate, I really liked Bjarnsson, Especially in his second season. I was saying that we must play him. But his last run wasn't as good, his passing and whole play isn't as good. He had a goal or assist in him but to be honest I think the best thing for all parties is him to go. 

I like Iceland as a country (I have visited it and really had some connection with it) but the second reason for me to follow them at the world cup was Thor himself.

Anyway fair play to him, he want somewhere to play as a starter. He would have been a 4th DM choice here.

Why are you talking about bjarnason? Whelan and Jedinak are proven Premier league players and would have been huge asset in the first year of PL. Bjarnason has offer from two serie a team which are both stronger than Villa. I like Villa and want theme to do well in PL and saying my opinion is part of that.

4 minutes ago, Jonsi77 said:

Why are you talking about bjarnason? Whelan and Jedinak are proven Premier league players and would have been huge asset in the first year of PL. Bjarnason has offer from two serie a team which are both stronger than Villa. I like Villa and want theme to do well in PL and saying my opinion is part of that.

I was talking about Thor because most of what you used to write was about him, and I don't see any problem if you followed him. Actually he might've been the reason for you to watch Villa which is fair enough and you're more than welcome.

But let's now talk about Whelan and Jedi, the first was being rotated even in the championship, the latter wasn't even featuring.

They're all above 35.

If they were the real deal then Palace and Stoke won't have let them out 2-3 years ago.

And btw, "Proven PL player" doesn't say a lot. I've seen a lot of Premier League starters who played there for years which I won't touch. It's not that every player playing up there are quality anyway.

There are some attributes which you could figure out wether the player will do well in the PL or not. 

McGinn for example hasn't play at high level, but all of us are considering him a PL players. While we're not having much hopes for Taylor or Elmo who all were PL regulars for a number of years.

Proven 100+ games for me. Taylor, Jedi and Whelan all 35 born 84. All have 100+ games and a lot of national team games. There are players who dont look like pl class in Championship. Totally different games. Taylor and Elmo where in start in last game and it did not surprise me. Bjarnason is 31 born 88.

1 minute ago, Jonsi77 said:

Proven 100+ games for me. Taylor, Jedi and Whelan all 35 born 84. All have 100+ games and a lot of national team games. There are players who dont look like pl class in Championship. Totally different games. Taylor and Elmo where in start in last game and it did not surprise me. Bjarnason is 31 born 88.

The word "proven PL player" is tricky itself. I've just told you that you could play for a huge amount of games when you're average or even crap. Some players used to start for top teams, no one will buy them after they go. Some times the momentum of teams carries you.

We've stayed up while having:

Guzan, Bacuna, Senderos, Okore, Weimann.

Then before we also had Sylla, N'Zogbia (well for him he was successful at Wigan to be honest) and many which I can't recall.

We stayed up because of Benteke, Delph, Vlaar mainly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonsi77 said:

Club brugge is similar team as botton half of Championship at best. Signing player from this team is huge risk. If he had proven nationalteam exp. it would have minimised the risk. Whelan Jedinak and Bjarnason would have save a lot of money for Villa and add guarentee experience at same/similar level.

This is all very subjective:

1) I think Club Brugge is a lot better than the bottom half of the championship, maybe bottom half of the PL is more their level.

2) he has about 20 caps so far, so there is national team experience

3) it would have saved us transfer fees for the replacements, true, and they do have premier league experience. But as other have mentioned, PL experience doesn’t mean they’re good. Richards, lescott, Richardson, all had a lot of PL experience. That didn’t really help us, did it?

17 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Jedinak and Bjarnason?

They would be torn apart at this level, they are barely good enough at Championship level.

Ok my norwegianfriend :) than why have two stronger than Villa seriea team offer bjarnason contract. I know you love Bjarnason - torn apart are you ok?almost 30 years old man dont talk like that.

7 minutes ago, Jonsi77 said:

Ok my norwegianfriend :) than why have two stronger than Villa seriea team offer bjarnason contract. I know you love Bjarnason - torn apart are you ok?almost 30 years old man dont talk like that.

I completely and wholeheartedly agree with Villalad, and I expect you'd be in a very very small minority here. They weren't good enough for the Championship!

Edited by praisedmambo

1 hour ago, AXD said:

This is all very subjective:

1) I think Club Brugge is a lot better than the bottom half of the championship, maybe bottom half of the PL is more their level.

2) he has about 20 caps so far, so there is national team experience

3) it would have saved us transfer fees for the replacements, true, and they do have premier league experience. But as other have mentioned, PL experience doesn’t mean they’re good. Richards, lescott, Richardson, all had a lot of PL experience. That didn’t really help us, did it?

Avarage week salary in club brugge is 5k - 50k in premier league. If its premier league standard on club brugge than this players should get themeself new agent.

1 hour ago, Jonsi77 said:

Personally the only job (Whelan & Jedi) these could do for us in the prem - is to help see a game out with 20 minutes to go .

Could the club justify a year's salary for them to come on and help us mop up a few games ? - it would seem not - for better or worse the club have gone for younger rookie players - who will hopefully be major assets for us in due course. 

They have shown over and over they aren't about throwing cash at short term fixes . I think we should respect that.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Personally the only job (Whelan & Jedi) these could do for us in the prem - is to help see a game out with 20 minutes to go .

Could the club justify a year's salary for them to come on and help us mop up a few games ? - it would seem not - for better or worse the club have gone for younger rookie players - who will hopefully be major assets for us in due course. 

They have shown over and over they aren't about throwing cash at short term fixes . I think we should respect that.

First year in Pl is the hardest one and most teams try to have experienced player in the squad. 15-20 min with exp.players could win games - and at the end keep team from relegation.

22 minutes ago, Jonsi77 said:

Avarage week salary in club brugge is 5k - 50k in premier league. If its premier league standard on club brugge than this players should get themeself new agent.

By that logic, the Chinese league must be out of this world. Money does not equal quality.

1 minute ago, AXD said:

By that logic, the Chinese league must be out of this world. Money does not equal quality.

Thats because of distance. China have to pay because of their distance. 5 k european player would have 50 k in China. 

2 minutes ago, vandaq said:

Guess he needs more time too acclimate. Not too worried yet about this since we have options.  Still early days

probably see him with Targett and Guilbert against crewe

3 hours ago, Jonsi77 said:

Club brugge is similar team as botton half of Championship at best. Signing player from this team is huge risk. If he had proven nationalteam exp. it would have minimised the risk. Whelan Jedinak and Bjarnason would have save a lot of money for Villa and add guarentee experience at same/similar level.

Welcome Alex Bruce 

3 hours ago, Jonsi77 said:

Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira are proven PL players should we sign them too

Â