Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

I think at some point soon, we’re going to have to sell one of our favourites for big money to help with the finances/ffp. Not necessarily this window but within the next couple. It could be Dougie, I think planning replacements is a wise move for the likes of Martinez, Luiz, Watkins, Kamara (not all of them but if one of them left!) so that when it happens we are able to move on reasonably seamlessly. Not like we did with Jack or how West Ham seem to be struggling post Rice. We need to aim to handle it like Brighton.

Watkins next summer looks pretty obvious if he dosen't extend his deal.

24 minutes ago, TRO said:

We can't sell Douglas Luiz, he is central to the project........these rumours need to do one.

Probably are just that. Have footy insider ever actually called anything that hadn't been reported by better journalists?

I just can't see it. I can't see either Spurs or Arsenal paying enough to tempt us at this point and with claret and blue tinted glasses can't see why he would want to go to Spurs. That leaves whether there is a release clause in that new contract.

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

Sometimes, thought it depends entirely on what pool of players you have access to and that is limited unless you're a CL club. We weren't able to replace Grealish and West Ham won't be able to replace Rice. 

The problem is though, that either us and West Ham then use unhappy players, which can affect their performances and the dressing room atmosphere, or we lose them on a free.

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

FFP bro. At that point he'll be pure profit.

Champions of pure profit you'll never sing that!

I think of FFP in much the same way as VAR, that terrace chant is suitable for both in my opinion. ;)

• Like 1

I'm all for keeping our best players, but if we got an offer too good to decline then we'd be stupid not to sell.  In the past this would have been a mistake and set us back, but now we have a coaching and recruitment team in place where I would be confident, we would find a replacement for whatever player left.

29 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

The problem is though, that either us and West Ham then use unhappy players, which can affect their performances and the dressing room atmosphere, or we lose them on a free.

Yep. It's a shitter. Guess the best thing is to get players who are good but not too good 😅

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Tielemans is there is case of injury, suspension or form/ energy dip, not in case Dougie leaves.......Dougie is central to what we do, but Tielemans is such good quality too, to deputise......thats what strengthening really is.

I agree with everything that you say.

That wasn't quite the line I was going down. 

We wouldn't make a sale and then just move on and accept it. The fact we have Tielemans means we won't be completely shafted if we did make a sale, and buys us time to then bring in another high quality player that doesn't have to be relied on instantly. 

I mean, ideally, we wouldn't sell anyone and would keep building so that we have the same depth across the whole squad. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

I think at some point soon, we’re going to have to sell one of our favourites for big money to help with the finances/ffp. Not necessarily this window but within the next couple. It could be Dougie, I think planning replacements is a wise move for the likes of Martinez, Luiz, Watkins, Kamara (not all of them but if one of them left!) so that when it happens we are able to move on reasonably seamlessly. Not like we did with Jack or how West Ham seem to be struggling post Rice. We need to aim to handle it like Brighton.

Why do we? Every premier league club receives over £100M per season (we got around £156M for finishing 7th supposedly) Of course there will have to be seasons where we don't spend too much on new players to keep in line over the 3 year rolling period, but as far as I can see we absolutely don't have to sell our best players if we don't want to.

He was mentioned on Talk shite about an hour ago and only caught the back end of it but sounded like some kind of transfer talk? Anyone catch the full piece? 

20 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

He was mentioned on Talk shite about an hour ago and only caught the back end of it but sounded like some kind of transfer talk? Anyone catch the full piece? 

More importantly was Darren Bent shocked?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Just some media words removed saying Spurs (lol) and Arsenal are keen. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

No disrespect meant, but my kid's videos of his Thomas the Tank engine trains probably get more views than Football Insider's YouTubes. 😬

Just in:

"Thomas set for Man City. Sodor target Percy as replacement"

• Haha 2

Does anyone have a replay of the foul guimaraes committed on him in the box? 

Also was very good yesterday despite the team falling to pieces around him. Could have had an assist to diaby. Created our goal with a great pass to digne too. 

Â