Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

18 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

Not saying you are wrong but be good to see these stats you keep referring to alongside everyone else 'who played a decent amount of minutes.'

I counted at least 5 times he passed the ball straight to the opposition in dangerous areas, i have feeling it was more than that though.

Again not trying to take anything away from the good things he did.

I too, noticed him throwing himself in a few challenges, one on the sideline, fortunately this time, it wasn't in a dangerous area, but it was reckless and desperate, its a shame, he hasn't got the strength/muscle to do it with composure.....His passing is good, when no one is near him.

A few times he gathered balls in our area, where is was more luck than judgment....but I have no qualms with the quality on the ball, he comes out the area with.

Him and John Mcginn are more suited to higher, up the pitch....no one will convince me otherwise.

However, he is 23, anything can happen.

• Like 3

Best midfielder at the club easily. (Jack's a forward!). One plays for Brazil the other plays for Scotland. Class class player. Get a casemiro type next to him and he'll go up a level.

• Like 2

last 2 games has been better, needs better around him. Would start Nakamba next to him the next game as at least somebody close will want the ball even if its just to give back to Mings

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

Best midfielder at the club easily. (Jack's a forward!). One plays for Brazil the other plays for Scotland. Class class player. Get a casemiro type next to him and he'll go up a level.

What are his best attributes? What is he good at? 

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Got nobody to pass to and nobody to play off. 

He is quality.

Indeed. He comes short receives the pass and then never has anything on except playing a difficult ball or passing it back.

And defensively McGinn never tracks his runner so Luiz is often overwhelmed. 

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

What are his best attributes? What is he good at? 

Movement, passing, vision, anticipating danger, passing the ball and then moving to receive another pass (watch McGinn he rarely does this if ever) , he's very good at intercepting the ball too. He actually can play for the full 90 minutes ,McGinn usually blows out after 30/35 (watch today's game again).  

I like McGinn he's a great guy good banter but he is definitely not the best midfielder at the club - Douglas Luiz is. As I said he's a first 11 Brazilian player and McGinn plays for Scotland.

Only attributes I'd take of McGinn over Luiz are his tenacity and shooting. However because he lacks the stamina to produce or pace himself for 90 minutes his tenacity is wasted as he can't use this beyond a half. 

Nothing personal Im just commenting on his footballing ability. Even Allan ghosted behind him and left him for dead the other day. Allan! I'm bloody quicker than Allan and I'm 15 stone full of Donner kebabs and pizzas. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What I love most about his interceptions is he already reads the game and the next move to make before he does it and so his interception is usually a 1 touch pass forward instead of simply getting his foot to the ball or trapping it. Very valuable for how we play.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Got nobody to pass to and nobody to play off. 

He is quality.

Doesn't excuse him struggling with the basics recently. I've been his biggest fan but he needs a kick up the back side.

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He's been pretty average, but he seems pretty alone in that midfield. Barkley is Barkley and McGinn has been fecking awful.

I think McGinn has been really good in the last 4/5 matches. 

Â