Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

They’d be mad to take him back, he’s nowhere near good enough for them. 

If they do, and we get 25m, then happy days. 

He’s ok at a lot of things but I don’t think he’s great for us tbh. Would rather we took that money and spent it on a defensive midfielder who affects the game more. 

• Like 3

Pretty sure this was a staggered buy back clause, £25m first year , £35m the second. He's  a good young player who will definitely  get better as a number 8.........as a dcm I can't see him getting good enough for us let alone Manchester Blues 

• Like 3

He's not got the necessary skills to be a cdm, it's not a size thing, the decision is whether he is the best am, I.e. better than mcginn and sanson.

I think whichever camp you're in we can probably agree that over a season we look better with luiz or mcginn and a dedicated cdm.

• Like 1

I think he would do well at City. In a team that dominates territory and possession he has the  attributes to play DM really well. Hopefully we will see that at Villa next year with some better quality ahead of him.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its like we shouldnt try to build our own squad or allow players to regain form

This is doing my head in lately on here. But Rashica will be better than anyone

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Surprised actually No I am not that some people would be happy if City bought him back. A Brazil international who is granted out of form but also miles from his prime and people want him gone for peanuts. Its like we shouldnt try to build our own squad or allow players to regain form

With you on that. Also don't really get the notion that he hasn't got the traits to play DM when at the same time it's universally acknowledged that his best form for us came post lockdown last season when those are exactly what he displayed. Getting the consistency out of him is one thing but the quality is there.

I'd hate to see him go back to city. There's so much more to come from him. A dip in from this season, yes, as our whole midfield had. He still has plenty of ability and time to develop. We know he can perform at higher level then what we've seen this season. He's barely at the star of his career. 

I cannot imagine Man City will take him back, not necessarily because he didn't have a great season for us, more so they can and now will probably buy the finished player after last night in their continued push to win the chumps league.

I hope Luiz stays and can continue to develop and improve as I hope he has alot more to give.

He has the potential to develop and I quite like him as player.

But I don't think for a second city will trigger the clause. He just has not been impressive enough for that.

It's slightly funny though, that his lapse in form could end up being a huge advantage for us.

24 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I think he would do well at City. In a team that dominates territory and possession he has the  attributes to play DM really well. Hopefully we will see that at Villa next year with some better quality ahead of him.

I don’t disagree with your second sentence.  His problem is that there are currently better players in the position already at City and he would get very little game time.  So many players would do so well at Man City because of how good City are but the reason they aren’t at City is due to City having better players in those positions already.  You only have to look at our two best players in Emi and Jack, and their equivalents are just as good at City in Ederson and Foden, hence why City are so good.  They have arguably the best PL player in each position if not a player whose in the top three from Ederson, Diaz, Fernandinho, KDB, Foden and some others.

14 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He has the potential to develop and I quite like him as player.

But I don't think for a second city will trigger the clause. He just has not been impressive enough for that.

It's slightly funny though, that his lapse in form could end up being a huge advantage for us.

The more likely scenario Man City would trigger a recall is they see us as a threat which they probably don't but should

54 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Do you think he would have made a difference in that game last night, for example?

Personally, I think he would have been murdered.

I like Luiz, but at present, he is no CDM, next season could be a different sroty.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Do you think he would have made a difference in that game last night, for example?

Personally, I think he would have been murdered.

I like Luiz, but at present, he is no CDM, next season could be a different sroty.

Probably not. Jack is our only player who you could say with any certainty that they would have made a difference. Due to the non existence of a cf I think Ollie would have done a job too given the circumstances but I don’t think he would normally be considered City class.

I do think that Luiz has real growth in him though and the team is about balance. That’s where we are going wrong in my view. The balance of the midfield is not right. Put Luiz alongside Kante and I’m sure you would see a much improved Dougie.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

They’d be mad to take him back, he’s nowhere near good enough for them. 

If they do, and we get 25m, then happy days. 

He’s ok at a lot of things but I don’t think he’s great for us tbh. Would rather we took that money and spent it on a defensive midfielder who affects the game more. 

Totally agree....on the ball he is ok, off it he vanishes and the midfield is wide open.

32 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I already think we need 2 midfielders with him... 

And he's not good enough for them, he's just an easy "cheap" squad signing 

Its lazy link 

He pretty much has to be Kante to cover the ground necessary when we play with a CAM and Mcginn. It's a thankless task in Dean's system. 

Nakamba is definitely better when we play the double pivot behind an attacking 4 but his possession game is horrid. Need to find some balance here next season whether through a new signing or a tweaked setup. 

• Like 1

Â