Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Every week he strengthens the thought in my mind that he is the best player in our team.

He is so consistent, so reliable, so calm. The really is cool as ice, when other players on our team become erratic he is there, playing the game at the correct pace, making the right decisions.

He is the perfect player to have right now as a manager. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Starting to be future Captain material

I remember him mentioning in his first interview at the club, that he wanted to come here and become a leader.

Well he's done just that! With fluent English he'd be captain without a doubt.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I came to post this - remember when people thought he was a ball playing show pony without the steel to play in midfield?

Too short and not angry enough...

• Like 1

Right lads I reckon it's time we grabbed our crowbars and prize the word Ellis off the stand name down villa park!

It's only fitting for this fella who has shown a commitment and passion for our club which, if I'm being quite honest, I didn't expect from such a young mercurial South American talent. I thought he would have "traded up" by now but instead he has put his head down and worked his arse off for us. 

Love you Dougie!

9 hours ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

I remember him mentioning in his first interview at the club, that he wanted to come here and become a leader.

Well he's done just that! With fluent English he'd be captain without a doubt.

I don’t think fluent English holds much tbh multiple languages are spoken on the pitch and training ground. But given that he’s still young and might be here for years to come could easily see him captaining the team not that a player needs an armband to lead and inspire those around him.

Â