Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Unless it’s actually Paqueta they want to sign. 

Where’s all this 40m clause talk come from anyway?

I believe it was the combination of the speculation of a release clause (from the belief that he would not renew without one, sigh) and Liverpool twitter suggesting £40 million would be a fair price.

7 hours ago, striker said:

I can assure you I’m not posting to get attention. It’s my honest opinion on both players.

I’ve watched Luiz in every live game on Sky. For the life of me I cannot see what all the buzz is about. 

Yes he’s a very tidy player but for me Prowse affects the game more.

and you are entitled to your opinion.

I can kinda see where you are coming from.....would I swap him? no way.

I was never convinced about Dougie, in the early days, I thought he was played as a 6, when I saw him as an 8...in the main.

but as the team has developed ( with Kamara coming in) and as Dougie has developed, he is arguably the player that makes Villa Tick

Football is a team game and Douglas Luiz has accelerated his stature through a stronger team, that UE has concocted.

In short he has grown, as the team has grown.

James Ward Prowse is a very good player, with a wand of a dead ball foot.....but I have seen him go missing in games too....sure his West Ham Move, may have rekindled that desire, as losing every week drags you down.

Douglas Luiz, epitomises consistency in this Villa Team, and his football brain, awareness, and ability to dictate the tempo, is crucial to us....not to mention his silky passing technique, like Jack Grealish.

Football, is all about opinions, and it can be distorted by how often we see a player play......but I can assure you, from an earlier critic of Dougie, I wouldn't swap him for many, maybe Jude Bellingham, at a push....but I am well happy with our Doug.

• Like 1

Surely we are past the silly days of selling our best players to those usual clubs who always but always do this deliberately at the most awkward times (Anyone remember Liverpool upsetting Gareth Barry by tapping him up & spreading rumours as we were chasing a big end to the season?) It is a typical Liverpool move to unsettle a player just as the window is about to close when we would have no chance of replacing him. win win for them, lose lose for us.

The only possible reaction is to tell them to do one!

8 hours ago, striker said:

I can assure you I’m not posting to get attention. It’s my honest opinion on both players.

I’ve watched Luiz in every live game on Sky. For the life of me I cannot see what all the buzz is about. 

Yes he’s a very tidy player but for me Prowse affects the game more.

They're two fairly different players. JWP is miles behind Dougie on touch, control under pressure, retaining possession, quick passing, etc. JWP is ahead on set pieces and long passing, and is more aggressive in the tackle, but I think we have the more talented and useful player with the higher ceiling.

Plus JWP is 28 and Dougie is 25. I see Dougie continuing to improve into his early 30s and becoming one of the best midfielders in the world, a mainstay of the Brazil side.

He won't be getting relegated and going to West Ham, put it that way.

• Like 1

I think DL's valuation is probably around the 80-100m mark about now. But imo he's far to valuable to the team, the project and the club in general to replace so I doubt he goes anywhere soon.

If we are going to break the top we need to stop selling our best players and become a club that is a place for the elite, not a stepping stone. I don't want us to become Brighton, Brentford etc. I want us to be far more ambitious than giving up our best players as we have in the past. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I think DL's valuation is probably around the 80-100m mark about now. But imo he's far to valuable to the team, the project and the club in general to replace so I doubt he goes anywhere soon.

If we are going to break the top we need to stop selling our best players and become a club that is a place for the elite, not a stepping stone. I don't want us to become Brighton, Brentford etc. I want us to be far more ambitious than giving up our best players as we have in the past. 

As far as i am concerned we are the same as Newcastle now when it comes to selling players  ...only on our terms. 

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

As far as i am concerned we are the same as Newcastle now when it comes to selling players  ...only on our terms. 

I agree. 

What I also think though is that we are very close to all the top clubs now and that gap won't be bridged by flogging our best players. Why give Luiz to Liverpool to improve? We need to treat them as competition, not pay masters.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I agree. 

What I also think though is that we are very close to all the top clubs now and that gap won't be bridged by flogging our best players. Why give Luiz to Liverpool to improve? We need to treat them as competition, not pay masters.

Dougie signed a new deal when Arsenal tried to get him out of the club. And a year onwards when he is playing the greatest football of his life which is thanks to Unai , we will sell him to a team that we are directly competing against this season for top 4 ? Nah. Don't think so. 

Its 80 hours till deadline right now. I really dont see Nassef and Wes being the types to fold. Not the type of people who bend easily if ever. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

To answer the question posed, my guess of what Luiz is worth -

to other clubs - a maximum of £60m,

to Villa - a minimum of £80m.

This is why, providing Dougie continues to be happy in honouring his long Villa contract, I really can't see him moving in the short term.

2 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Surely we are past the silly days of selling our best players to those usual clubs who always but always do this deliberately at the most awkward times (Anyone remember Liverpool upsetting Gareth Barry by tapping him up & spreading rumours as we were chasing a big end to the season?) It is a typical Liverpool move to unsettle a player just as the window is about to close when we would have no chance of replacing him. win win for them, lose lose for us.

The only possible reaction is to tell them to do one!

The timing is very telling....where was Dougies interest , when all their other targets, snubbed them?

Dougie Luiz is not fool, why would he be interested in a team who placed him umteenth on their list......Dougie deserves better than that, cheeky buggers.....go do one Klopp.

They are now washing their desperation out in public......for me Dougie is better than Mac Allister, where was they then?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I'd drop a cheeky 20m bid in to Liverpool for Nunez considering the valuation of DL whilst being on the phone to Jim White at Talkshite tomorrow morning. 

Nunez is shyte, £20m is about what he's worth. Don't let the two goals this weekend fool you, there's a reason he's Liverpool's fifth choice striker. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Something that i just thought of. I think Dougie likes the spotlight and responsibility . He takes our penalties corners and freekicks. He would do none of that at Ratinfestedpool. He would just be a cog there. 

We said this about Grealish.

• Sad 1

Â