Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

20 minutes ago, BigJim said:

Could you run through the middle bit again please?

Paid £15m.   4 year contract so that £15m is spread over 4 years, so cost is £3.75m per year.

We've used 3 years of him, so used up £3.75m x3 years = £11.25m.

1 years worth of him is left which is £3.75m.

If we sell him for £25m, then we get the £25m but lose the £3.75m which was left of his worth = £21.25m accounting profit for FFP.

Man City get £2m, so we are left with £19.25m accounting profit for FFP.

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

First time being able to comment on this as I was out all yesterday, what are the club doing and what is Gerrard doing? Luiz has started 1 game in 5, he's clearly below McGinn and Ramsey in the order and now we have Dendoncker too. If he was a starter I'd 100% rather keep him for the season and let him go on a free but he's a player we are barely using who's in his last 12 months and had an offer of 25m. From a football and business perspective that is absolute madness, I've got no clue what they are doing.

On the flip side to this I think Luiz is out best CM after Kamara and I do not want him to leave, so hopefully the next manager will use him and he signs a new deal.

But the manager will be gone in a few weeks and the new one might appreciate Luiz more. 

30 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Arsenal have a seriously entitled, awful fanbase 

Their social media fanbase is an absolute bus accident. 

Total bombardment of idiots (mainly Africans and Asians) just hammering the various platforms with utter rubbish, its infuriating. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, BigJim said:

Could you run through the middle bit again please?

Not sure if u are taking the piss or not but in case u aren't I will:

Dougie cost us 15m and we gave him a 4 year contract. So we need to amortise his fee over 4 years. So rather than an expense of 25m the year we bought him we pay a quarter of that each year for 4 years. So we account for an expense of 3.75m (a quarter of 15m) each year. As Doug has been with us for 3 years, we have already accounted for the 1st 3 years of his purchase fee ( 3 x 3.75m) and this has already been submitted for FFP calculations. So there is only  1 year or 3.75m left for us to account for which is the 'book value'. So if we sell him for 25m, we have to pay off the book value as an expense so the gross profit is 25m less 3.75m which is 21.25m.

But Sky reported we had a 20% sell on fee to City and specified this was 20% of profit on a sale above the amount we paid for Doug. So we sell for 25m, we bought for 15m so that is 10m profit. 20% of 10m is 2m. So from the 21.25m profit we take away a further 2m which leaves 19.25m profit.

Edit: just saw that @ender4 got back to u

Edited by Peter Griffin
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, John said:

Perhaps we would have sold him, if we had been able to get a replacement signed yesterday. As we couldn't, the owners were advised that he was important to us this season, we would be left short if he left and figured it was worth £25m to still have him at the club for the season. I thought the final offer was decent myself, but only if we were able to use it to bring in a high quality replacement. Losing Douglas, albeit for a decent fee, would have made the window even worse, than it was, in my opinion.

Thats it for me midfield and I dont believe he sign a new contract and he'll be gone in the summer on a free. Personally I would have cashed in! 

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Total bombardment of idiots (mainly Africans and Asians) just hammering the various platforms with utter rubbish, its infuriating. 

Mate, the Samatta fans while he was here, was absolute hell. 🤦🏿‍♂️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

not just the social media ones - the disdain in the voices of AFTV that aston villa would even dare to bid for ESR last year was disgraceful...considering we'd done the double over them the previous season (correct me if i'm wrong)

"aston villa should know their place" was the highlight from what i remember

definitely my least favourite fanbase these days

• Like 2

It absolutely kills me when people say “he can down tools for the season now”. He’s come from the favelas of Brazil to become an elite athlete on the global stage. Imagine the drive and commitment needed to do that. Why would he then just down tools because he’s got a free transfer in a year? Even if he was that unprofessional he wouldn’t be so stupid, since the better he plays the better the move he’d get on a free / the bigger the contract from Villa. It’s just nonsense, players don’t tend to perform any worse in the last year of their contract whatsoever.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

ESR is worth more because he is english. That is always a premium.

Maybe, but he was a promising player when we were bidding prior to his break out season and Luiz is a Brazilian international with a way better CV.

£30m + was the real number to get Luiz, Arse we’re trying to get him on the cheap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

It absolutely kills me when people say “he can down tools for the season now”. He’s come from the favelas of Brazil to become an elite athlete on the global stage. Imagine the drive and commitment needed to do that. Why would he then just down tools because he’s got a free transfer in a year? Even if he was that unprofessional he wouldn’t be so stupid, since the better he plays the better the move he’d get on a free / the bigger the contract from Villa. It’s just nonsense, players don’t tend to perform any worse in the last year of their contract whatsoever.

By all accounts he's one of the " good ones " as well.

So can't see him doing that at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

...especially in a World Cup year.

• Like 1

Â