Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

35 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Finally sky come out and speak the truth. Whether we have a year left on Luiz contract or not Villa are owned by partners with a net worth of around 12 billion. So if they choose to reject an offer then they can do and cannot be bullied. 

Nice to not be treated like we are a nasty little club ruining Luiz dream . 

Luiz has had plenty of chance to sign a deal. And he hasnt. I feel for him a little bit as that would have been a brilliant move for him, but the fact his agent has dragged the contract out

I agree with this, as we all know we have let /been forced to give players away for decades due to either bowing to player pressure or the £££ get to a twitchy amount so we sell , hopefully this is the start with Dougie for a bit of we are Villa , as rich if not richer than you during transfer windows 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Sounds like we gave arsenal a taste of their own medicine with the whole ESR shit they did 

We lose luiz for free then.

Really we would have got 4 years out of him for 15m. We lose 25m if he keeps us up its worth losing the 20m over

What was the shit they did? Refuse to sell a player? It's not really 'shit'.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, string28 said:

Ive got to admit the meldown from arsenal fans is so funny ive been crying with laughter  on twitter with some of the things.

I'm not sure that's the best use of your time!

Am I the only one that thinks this is a bit stupid? Yay we won one over Arsenal but he’s just going to leave on a free at the end of the year. I really hope he doesn’t sulk and I don’t think he would, but why would he want to be here instead of there. Just feels like £20m wasted in a season where we are unlikely to go down once Gerrard is gone but also probably not achieving mid-table. 

• Like 3

Just now, Spoony said:

Am I the only one that thinks this is a bit stupid? Yay we won one over Arsenal but he’s just going to leave on a free at the end of the year. I really hope he doesn’t sulk and I don’t think he would, but why would he want to be here instead of there. Just feels like £20m wasted in a season where we are unlikely to go down once Gerrard is gone but also probably not achieving mid-table. 

Could be vital in a number of situations. He is a good player which helps us get results (yeah i know the bench and all). And if a new manager comes in he could have a more substantial role to play.

In my opinion this is horrendous asset management.  I like Luiz...  think he's a quality player.... but we've been playing him in a sub-optimal role (much better as an 8 than a 6), and rarely starting him.  Yet we don't want to sell him, and he won't extend.  I get not wanting to sell him at the last minute because then you're **** until January if you can't bring in a replacement, but letting a player like him go for nothing in the Summer, is again, poor asset management.  My hope is SG starts putting him in the XI to start, and he establishes himself prior to the world cup...  maybe we turn things around, the mood changes, and he signs an extension... and if not... I 1000000% move him in January if you can, and bring in a replacement for the rest of the year.  If we let him leave for nothing in the Summer I'll be pretty miffed

• Like 1

if we had competently recruited another top midfielder as we clearly needed (and to be fair to him Gerrard also pointed out) then Luis could have gone and we could have cashed in on him and he could have enjoyed Arsenal. But here we are, a player who now will rightly demand to play every game ("if you didnt want me why didnt you let me go?")

Lets hope Luis is a professional but I didn't expect him to be pushing himself particularly hard this season. Why should he? He wants to avoid injury so he can leave next summer.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Lets hope Luis is a professional but I didn't expect him to be pushing himself particularly hard this season. Why should he? He wants to avoid injury so he can leave next summer.

World Cup in a few months. He'd want to be performing to get selected.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

We have a few months to convince him to sign a contract plus it's in his best interest to perform if he wants to go to the world cup.

• Like 1

He’s seemingly been close to signing a deal for ages. The club must think he’ll sign eventually considering how firm we were on this. 

A managerial change would likely help things. I’m very glad Dougie has stayed put for now though. 

• Like 1

Hilarious to see all the Arsenal fans on Reddit losing their minds over this saga... 

"I don't understand!  He isn't starting, clearly wants out of Villa, and is on an expiring deal!  Why isn't Villa accepting our dogshit offer for him!?!?!?!?!  Who do they think they are?!?!?!?!?!  I hope you lot get relegated for acting like a tin pot club and we'll just sign him for free next summer...  Also, I've never watched him play and can't remember anything about him from the game 2 days ago...  Is he any good and is he a 6 or an 8?"

7 hours ago, Davkaus said:

The "shit they did" being not selling a young prospect for a bargain price? Not sure what you think they did wrong tbh, we put a very low valuation on him

They were being difficult as we were with luiz. Would you not agree?

Â