Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

I was dipping in an out of a stream but I thought he looked a little blasé in his work further forward, and looked a bit better when he works from deeper with everything in front of him. 

I thought his passing was very good in the first half and he looked solid when he moved centrally after Chambers went off. Some of his link up play down the left with Digne, Ings and Buendia early on was really good and he played a couple of fantastic balls out to wide players - he's the best passer of a ball in the side.

• Like 4

Loads of content from the social teams with Dougie lately. Really hope we keep him. I’d rather see Sanson leave before letting him go. Still so young for the amount of games he’s played. 

So it was his birthday yesterday. Normally all the players will post stuff on Instagram about it. From Villa I could only see the club, Coutinho and Traore post anything which seems a bit odd. Hopefully I just missed some, as you’d like to think he rest of the squad would wish him well.

• Like 1

On 08/05/2022 at 08:53, KentVillan said:

Agreed, he’s such a good player, it drives me nuts that people want him out

I don't think many want him out, just being realistic that he appears reluctant to sign a new contract and that might force our hand

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

So it was his birthday yesterday. Normally all the players will post stuff on Instagram about it. From Villa I could only see the club, Coutinho and Traore post anything which seems a bit odd. Hopefully I just missed some, as you’d like to think he rest of the squad would wish him well.

I thought a few more would have wished him HBD. I only saw the ones he reshared though.

21 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

We don't know it's our decision though

It just sounds like we have never even bothered sitting down from the reports. Carney mentioned every day

Â