Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Personally I think Luiz is our best “passing” midfielder right now.  Ramsey and McGinn have a lot of other qualities but I don’t believe passing is their best attribute.

Will be a shame to lose Dougie this summer just when we might finally sort out a defensive midfielder. 

• Like 4

On 10/05/2022 at 19:47, Rustibrooks said:

If it came down to Mcginn vs Dougie who would you guys rather sell?

McGinn all day. His only advantage over Dougie is the influence in the squad (and who knows how much that impacts). Dougie is younger, looks way more comfortable with the ball at feet, imo has a much higher potential, & I just don’t rate McGinn compared to Dougie

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Personally I think Luiz is our best “passing” midfielder right now.  Ramsey and McGinn have a lot of other qualities but I don’t believe passing is their best attribute.

Will be a shame to lose Dougie this summer just when we might finally sort out a defensive midfielder. 

Ramsey has the best pass completion % and best long pass completion % in our squad. He's 20 years old. I believe he'll be better next year too. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

We have taken too long to deal with a glaring issue....and its still not resolved, hope it is soon.

I find it hard to understand, why its taken us so long.

I think Ramsey, Douglas and a good DM would compliment each other very nicely. You'd have the ball carrying ability of Ramsey, the calmness and bit of flair of Dougie, and the calmness and solidity of a good DM.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 2

Hopefully Coutinho signing might convince him to extend his contract, although if he does renew I can see a release clause in there and guarantees he'll be played in his preferred position.

2 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

But he ain't really defensively. And that's how the top teams play there midfield. Midfielders must be sound defensively first and then be able to comfortably transition into attack. 

Some might say we look a lot more balanced when he comes out though, despite how well he’s done this season 👀 

If we’re ambitious we should be able to accommodate Dougie, Ramsey, McGinn, Nakamba and a new DM (essential signing) all fighting for places in the same squad. Whichever one you think is the weaker player in each position becomes a great option off the bench. Be a shame to lose any of them.

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

If we’re ambitious we should be able to accommodate Dougie, Ramsey, McGinn, Nakamba and a new DM (essential signing) all fighting for places in the same squad. Whichever one you think is the weaker player in each position becomes a great option off the bench. Be a shame to lose any of them.

We just don't play enough games in a season to accomodate all them, plus Chuk and Tim.  Currently we average 40 games a season.

Need to at least start getting to later stages of both cups regularly to get more games.  Which would take us to say 45 games per season. 

Europe would suddenly add another 6-10 games taking us to 55 games. 

Those extra 15 games are needed to keep a large squad happy. 

41 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I think Ramsey, Douglas and a good DM would compliment each other very nicely. You'd have the ball carrying ability of Ramsey, the calmness and bit of flair of Dougie, and the calmness and solidity of a good DM.

This is my ideal midfield for next season. Douglas getting consistent games as an 8 would be great

• Like 1

You can sort of see the problem with what’s been our starting midfield for most of the season, they all more attacking than they are defensive. It’s no wonder we can get overrun at times. I’ve stated previously the midfield looks better when Marv starts and it’s hardly surprising. Give Dougie the last 2 games as an 8 and play Marv as the 6. Then play one of either McGinn, Ramsey or Chuck. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If we could pick one out of Luiz and Chukwuemeka to sign a new deal, who would it be? 

Personally, I’d go for Carney because of the huge ceiling. 

Losing someone like Dougie could be problematic in a few ways though. 

Carney refusing to sign at this point of his career makes me think less of his professional intentions. Reminds me somewhat of Daniel Crowley and we all know what happened there - Although Carney is much further along than he was. 

Edited by Tayls

He had claret and blue balloons at his birthday meal the other day, the woman who arranged them posted a picture on twitter, I think she also mentioned that Alisha was in attendance.

The idea that he's a No.8 is one of the biggest myths going, there's a reason he's played most of his career as No.6. I wouldn't have him in our side ahead of McGinn or Ramsey as a 8.

Â