Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

17 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

An international call up would mean Man City can finally get their work permit for him. 

It’s their U23’s for a pre Olympic tournament, which is why I think we can and should refuse. Although he does have a full cap now. 

He's the olympic captain so Brazil will want him at all costs.

I can see a compromise where perhaps he plays the first 3 games and then Brazil qualify and he returns or other way round. Would like to have him around for the Watford home game so not sure how early or late that falls in their qualifying round.

He needs to be taken out of the team. 4 shots none on target, no takcles, interceptions or clearances and lowest passing ratio and average passes attempted of our 4 midfielders. He probably needs a loan in the Championship but we probably cant afford that

38 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He needs to be taken out of the team. 4 shots none on target, no takcles, interceptions or clearances and lowest passing ratio and average passes attempted of our 4 midfielders. He probably needs a loan in the Championship but we probably cant afford that

Was the best of the 3 in midfield today imo

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

If that’s the case the others were even worse than I thought.

Not even close for me. Hourihane was embarrassing and Marvelous was poor. Luiz wasn't great by any means but he was head and shoulders our best midfielder today imo. 

12 minutes ago, av1 said:

Not even close for me. Hourihane was embarrassing and Marvelous was poor. Luiz wasn't great by any means but he was head and shoulders our best midfielder today imo. 

He wasn't head and shoulders above anyone. Another anonymous performance.

On 20/12/2019 at 22:05, LondonLax said:

An international call up would mean Man City can finally get their work permit for him. 

It's a call up for Olympic qualifying rather than the national team isn't it? Don't think it counts. 

Edit didn't realise there was another page of posts

Edited by sharkyvilla

21 minutes ago, birdman said:

Hasn't done any better than Wesley for me and I think that is a reflection on how badly the squad are playing as a team. We have lots of players with potential but they're all cancelling each other out. 

Everyone has been better than Wesley.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

He has a nice touch but he couldn't be further away from what we need at the moment. Stupid signing really. 

I don’t think it was a stupid signing as such, but you are right about him not being what we need right now. 

His ability is beyond question and he’s capable of doing some really good things in a game, but he’s not quite picked up the pace of things yet and I’m not sure what kind of CM he actually is. 

Doesn’t cover enough ground to be an effective DM in a struggling side. Doesn’t get about the pitch enough to be box to box and was completely ineffective playing further forward against Southampton

He’d be a great ‘pivot’ in a team who dominates possession, but that’s not for us right now. 

I hope we keep him if we stay up though, he could become an important player if/when we improve as a team. 

A real error if we went for him over Rongier, and I believe we did.

I suppose he could come good if we stay up, needs to play more. Too many recruitment errors though.

Edited by Tomaszk

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

He'll be great in 2 or 3 years.

Right now he's up and down for me.

Oh I agree, but I try and look at the package. He's a bit naive and defensively weak at times, but I think in general he's fairly good, and you can see he has x factor moments which I honestly haven't seen in a Villa CM before. A lot of our younger players will struggle with stability in their performances simply cause we aren't a well drilled unit yet, and we got some weak players quality wise which hampers progress. But Luiz is one of the last players I'd be disappointed at. I think he has it. 

As for the rest of our midfield. Hourihane does nothing for me. One trick pony deluxe. Not good enough for a first team spot IMO.

Lansbury, ditto without the one trick.

Nakamba looked very promising in a DMC role, but he looks far less impressive when he's pushed out of that position. He also has had some weird concentration lapses, but it's a learning curve I guess. 

McGinn is superb, but I think he's used a bit wrong, but that's another discussion. 

Maybe what we need is to get in a midfielder to compete/replace McGinn and Hourihane. Maybe someone with a mean streak, a bit of size and the ability to pick a pass. It's difficult though, cause if you want quality you are looking at £ 40 million. So lets hope our scouts are better at midfielders than strikers. 

• Like 1

Â