Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

6 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Thing with these young players is that they don't cost their actual ability, but their potential. 15million for Douglas doesn't seem so bad considering his potential but there's no confirmation he will get that good although I trust Smith to at least be able to get him to the level of a 15mil player.

I'm not overly impressed with him so far, but I think as far as business goes it was a great deal. Even if he doesn't set the world alight while he is here, I would expect us to at least double our money on him when he moves on. 

I can’t say I’m sold on him. He’s shown glimpses here and there but he just doesn’t seem to have found his role within the team. He’s not physical enough to be a DM and I don’t think he’s creative enough to be an AM. He’s kind of in between everything. 

Certainly not a bad player but I’d like to see a little more from him. 

Its worth noting he is also only 21. 

Edited by Delphinho123

On 11/12/2019 at 07:19, Delphinho123 said:

I can’t say I’m sold on him. He’s shown glimpses here and there but he just doesn’t seem to have found his role within the team. He’s not physical enough to be a DM and I don’t think he’s creative enough to be an AM. He’s kind of in between everything. 

Certainly not a bad player but I’d like to see a little more from him. 

Its worth noting he is also only 21. 

Grealish bulked up and became a much better player for it. That might be the path for Luiz. As you indicate, he is still young.

I see a lot of potential in Douglas Luiz, it’s hard to believe he’s only 21 years old, he reads the game well for someone of his age. He will get better in the coming years, I think he’s been one of our better players so far this season. 

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

How much shroom do you ingest pre match? 

Earlier in the season, Wesley was adored by fans and terrorising opposition defences. Now, he’s suffered a dip in form everyone’s getting on his back, every player in the history of the game suffers dips in form, the best come through the dips quickest. I’d back Wesley to come through this stronger

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Earlier in the season, Wesley was adored by fans and terrorising opposition defences. Now, he’s suffered a dip in form everyone’s getting on his back, every player in the history of the game suffers dips in form, the best come through the dips quickest. I’d back Wesley to come through this stronger

‘Terrorising’. He’s had one decent game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I wouldn’t want to criticise someone for supporting one of our players but I think to say he was terrorising anyone or that anyone adored him is a bit strong. My love for him goes no further than my love for Jordan Bowery 

4 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I wouldn’t want to criticise someone for supporting one of our players but I think to say he was terrorising anyone or that anyone adored him is a bit strong. My love for him goes no further than my love for Jordan Bowery 

You could tell that Bowery had ability, he was raw, he’s done quite well in the lower leagues since he left here. Wesley bulled Norwich, did he not? He basically won that match for us by himself 

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

You could tell that Bowery had ability, he was raw, he’s done quite well in the lower leagues since he left here. Wesley bulled Norwich, did he not? He basically won that match for us by himself 

Sorry to break this to you but you only thing you could tell about Bowery is that he had absolutely no ability.

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Is there any player you actually think is shit and that's that?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Sorry to break this to you but you only thing you could tell about Bowery is that he had absolutely no ability.

I remember one game at Villa Park, he came on and was excellent, I think it was against Stoke, might be wrong 

Â