Björn Engels

Delphinho123

48 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Exactly this. At the moment we have Mings, Hause, Konsa and let's just assume Chester is fit. 4 centre back is not enough for a whole season. And if Chester is crocked, then we have 3! And one of them is very young and may take a few years before he's ready for the Prem. So I'd say we'd be mad not to get in one or two more centre backs really.

And I'd also argue Hause will cover at LB, cause the alternative is Taylor (whom I think everyone will agree don't cut it). So if Chester is crocked or we get hit by suspensions and injuries to Mings or Konsa, then we suddenly are struggling to field a defensive pairing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

And I'd also argue Hause will cover at LB, cause the alternative is Taylor (whom I think everyone will agree don't cut it). So if Chester is crocked or we get hit by suspensions and injuries to Mings or Konsa, then we suddenly are struggling to field a defensive pairing. 

Our resident ray of sunshine

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Not sure if this had been mentioned but it's also sensible because he's played with Wesley at Brugge and can probably help him settle + both speak Belgian if Wesleys English isn't fluent 

Belgian? Really? They  try to speak english as much as possible at Brugge as it seems more professional towards international players. Pretty sure Wesley will have basic understanding. 

Engels is a good CB, quite physical and good in the air. He left Brugge because he was sure he could get into the PL. Olympiakos wasn’t really a step forward. He had to leave because the coach who bought him got fired.

3 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Not sure if this had been mentioned but it's also sensible because he's played with Wesley at Brugge and can probably help him settle + both speak Belgian if Wesleys English isn't fluent 

Flemish maybe?

1 hour ago, AXD said:

Belgian? Really? They  try to speak english as much as possible at Brugge as it seems more professional towards international players. Pretty sure Wesley will have basic understanding. 

Engels is a good CB, quite physical and good in the air. He left Brugge because he was sure he could get into the PL. Olympiakos wasn’t really a step forward. He had to leave because the coach who bought him got fired.

unless the editing was very good and they cut out parts where an interpreter was speaking, wesley appeared to understand the questions he was asked on AVTV but just responded in portuguese

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

19million him and Konsa. Bristol wanted 20 plus for Webster 😂

isn't it nice for us to have actual back up plans. 1st choice, young british players who speak the lingo and probably easier to settle in, etc. 20m for webster? jog on, we'll just get engels for 7m. 30-sodding-million for philips? fine, we'll just have luiz for half the price...

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

unless the editing was very good and they cut out parts where an interpreter was speaking, wesley appeared to understand the questions he was asked on AVTV but just responded in portuguese

Could be the English questions were dubbed over and they were actually asked in another language.

But who knows I have no idea.

12 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

He speaks football. 

Â