Björn Engels

Delphinho123

8 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

So two things;

1. Don’t know who he is but checked his wiki page and apparently he plays for Aston vile

2. Also according to the internet, he has a teammate named Thomas Foket

please please please sign Foket, that would never get boring :)

I don't think Foket is the level of player Aston Villa need, need to aim for bette quality. Would be fun to scream his name, yeah.

24 minutes ago, Ponky said:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-defender-bjorn-engles-16590704

So he's there in Minnesota, just training separately til it's formally announced. 

Remarkably there is a typo seven words into that article. Never change birmingham mail. Proof reading is for losers.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Remarkably there is a typo seven words into that article. Never change birmingham mail. Proof reading is for losers.

Not to mention the misspelling of the player's name. 

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Would lose El Ghazi and probably Jota. Not going to Happen 

I think we need to remember that DS is a manager that likes to have options and if having more centre backs means he can change the system DS will want that. 

I don't expect us to set up in the 4-3-3 we ended last season with each week. Even first day out at Spurs we could go to 5 at the back with wing backs. In the championship we were expected to dominate the ball and other teams. It won't be like that in the Premier League. But that doesn't mean we aren't going to be a threat going forward.  

1 hour ago, TheMelvillan said:

Maybe he's just got a stutter. 

2 hours ago, Herman22 said:

I think we need to remember that DS is a manager that likes to have options and if having more centre backs means he can change the system DS will want that. 

I don't expect us to set up in the 4-3-3 we ended last season with each week. Even first day out at Spurs we could go to 5 at the back with wing backs. In the championship we were expected to dominate the ball and other teams. It won't be like that in the Premier League. But that doesn't mean we aren't going to be a threat going forward.  

I also think we may have been a bit pragmatic in a way I approve of. For example Smith might think all these CBs are better than Hause (again just for example) but could snap Hause up for virtually nothing before any of these were locked in. KH might do a year as a sub and then be sold if these others all work out - but signing him was still important because at the time we had no-one so it really reduced our risk. 

But also I agree that options and flexibility are good!

Looking at Belgium's centre back options he has a real chance to get in there should he do well for us this season. Kompany is retired now let's be honest, Vermaelen and Alderweireld are in their 30's. If as stated he is good with the ball at his feet etc Roberto Martinez would take a look at him for sure.

I really like the look of this signing. He makes significant contributions in both boxes. He is really comfortable on the ball and he is a tall boy. I reckon he and The Mingster start with 2 excellent options in The Hause and Konsa. Best centre back options we have had for years. Very exciting indeed.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Jareth said:

So Engels is taller than Mings - and both can pass a ball - it's gonna be great!

Hourihane, Jack, Douglas Luiz and probably Jota on set pieces as well ;)

• Like 1

Â