Matt Targett

villan-scott

Just watched his official villa interview.

I think someone might need to test the Interviewer for drugs and alcohol, he said"

"How are you looking forward to challenging for the left back spot, up against Neil Taylor who had an amazing season?".

Does the Interviewer watch our games??

:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know the saints fans are a bit hot or cold about him but for what it’s worth Fulham fans adore him. I know a few and they reckon he was their best player in that promotion season which we shan’t speak of. 

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Was it 11 or 14m up front?

No one knows. Not sure it matters anyway. That’s not a bad fee at all for a decent left back considering a world class left back would set you back £75m these days 

I hate the interviews we do with new players. They're great and all that for PR, the questions that get asked just make me cringe tho. 

Oh and welcome!

Edited by PieFacE

I don't really have much of an opinion on Targett. I'm sure I've seen him play but I can't remember noticing him.

But, Neil Taylor at left back is probably our weakest position. He is nowhere near good enough.

So a signing to slot into that LB position is absolutely a positive in my book. And we seem to be continuing to address the urgent areas.

• Like 3

Welcome and happy with this. 

How good was his English during his first interview?  😉

*sorry couldn’t resist, but see Jota thread for those that didn’t understand the joke.   I’ll get my coat*

• Like 1

At a quick glance, Saints fans don't seem fussed about losing him but also no bad blood at all and all "wish him the best" sort of stuff.  Consensus seems to be that Bertrand is a far better player.

Positives on Targett focus a lot on his attacking abilities - certainly a lot of talk about him having a great left foot and being a great crosser.
Negatives seem to be his lack of pace and, at times, poor positioning.

He's got a good amount of experience as a 23 year old and will be wanting to prove himself long-term.  We're giving him that chance.

41 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I hate the interviews we do with new players. They're great and all that for PR, the questions that get asked just make me cringe tho. 

Oh and welcome!

Ah man I hate them!!! Rhetorical, boring, unimaginative questions. 

“How much are you looking forward to playing for the claret and blue?”... blah blah. What else are they gonna answer ffs!?!... “ah not much, the colour sucks and clashes with my skin tone! Hiel Hitler!!” 

That being said, Matt Target seems a nice kid... at the end of that interview I just wanted to give him a big hug and tell him everything is gonna be alright. 

Edited by Jimmyg
  • Haha 4

With his signing we (briefly) jump into the top 10 list of highest spenders in this transfer window among European clubs.

Will be passed by a fair few clubs pretty soon no doubt.

Still some way to catch Real Madrid thou...

Â