Matt Targett

villan-scott

I remember him being one of the best players on the pitch in our play off final against Fulham. He’s a typical, hard working, modern day full back, he’s got a nice whipped delivery on him and he can defend, he’s a strong tackler too. He’s at a good age too (23 years old), hopefully we see his best years at Villa

42 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Tierney would have been my choice, even if there was talk that he was on his way to Arsenal. Lots of ambitious clubs have come from nowhere to beat bigger clubs to signings and we should have just put in a bid and seen what happened. 

Even if that wasn't likely, I'm sure there are some very good left backs in Europe that are better than Targett who are obtainable. Perhaps a couple at the under 21 tournament. 

As I said though, hopefully my judgement is wrong and Targett turns out to be a great signing.

Celtic want 42 million for Tierney, was no chance we were bidding

42 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Tierney would have been my choice, even if there was talk that he was on his way to Arsenal. Lots of ambitious clubs have come from nowhere to beat bigger clubs to signings and we should have just put in a bid and seen what happened. 

Even if that wasn't likely, I'm sure there are some very good left backs in Europe that are better than Targett who are obtainable. Perhaps a couple at the under 21 tournament. 

As I said though, hopefully my judgement is wrong and Targett turns out to be a great signing.

Celtic want 42 million for Tierney, was no chance we were bidding

im sad there arent any "best bits" for Targett, i have head a lot of "he plays like this" and "he plays like that", but would be nice to be able to at least watch something that gives some idea of what he plays like.....

4 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Seems a shy lad.

Hopefully he's the quiet type that turns into the terminator on the football pitch.

Looks more like the Shermanator. 

Still players that come out of Southampton's academy usually have better technique than your average English footballer so I'm sure he will fit into Smith's gameplan quite well and I'm pleased we have got him.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, briny_ear said:

Welcome Matt. Let’s hope you add a bit of gloss to our defence. :thumb:

After countless pages of sh*t puns this one deserves a like :thumb:

13 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

someone plsssssssss make a best bits vid??!!?!?

He was man of the match in this game for Fulham, I just watched it and he looks ok (number 21, you can’t miss him). He makes a few runs where he doesn’t seem slow to me, but I guess the saints fans would’ve seen more of him. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Looks more like the Shermanator. 

Still players that come out of Southampton's academy usually have better technique than your average English footballer so I'm sure he will fit into Smith's gameplan quite well and I'm pleased we have got him.

Well shermanator

Â