Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

On 17/04/2021 at 22:46, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To me, he was always " big " but more big and slender IMO, even up to probably a month ago.

Now, he seems to have packed on more muscle, to me anyway.

Sure I saw him shield/brush off 3 or more players a couple times against Leeds ( And yes granted, they are U23's ) lol. also think he did less of the " moaning " which winds some people up, he did alot more of that against Wolves IMO.

Hopefully he's been watching Ollie and has realised what he needs to do to get back into the first team.  Last season he was our record signing, now he's our reserve no. 9 with potentially another incoming!

39 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Yep apparently during his rehab he got lost in a QAnon rabbit hole while doing a bit of shopping on Amazon, was one of the main instigators of the raid on the Capitol and has gone to ground since then. Despite his absence on the website he still maintains a significant influence in Alt-right circles, and was reported to have been invloved in the creation of the failed Super League.

Based on this I don't expect to see him in the squad this season. However I do anticipate that he will be right as rain for the start of the new season.

But the border, what about the border? 

185AFDC5-E386-4C91-8FAD-2EA581E3DA49.jpeg

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Bob Funkhouse said:

I was reading earlier that the medical advice is to really leave it 2 years before returning to professional sport if you've had an acl injury as the chances of re-injury are much greater in the first 2 years. It might be a blessing if Wes doesn't play much till next season. 

I don't think this is accurate at all. It's a 6-9 month minimum. I can't think of any professional footballer who was out for 2 years after any iniury, never mind an acl.

9 hours ago, MrBlack said:

That is huge news,  ignoring whether or not the club have been lying about the extent of Jack's injury.

He definitely looked better and not far off in the last game he played, and his absence from the u23 team today may suggest they genuinely belive he is an option for Sunday. What a boost if this is the case and the club and Wes feel he's ready to return.

It may be wild optimism, but this cannot be a bad thing.

He might be an option of the bench better than we have currently. But let's not get carried away.

Ignoring the fact that I don't rate him and don't think he has a future here, I think it would be monumentally stupid to throw him into the PL at this point, when pre season is soon here. 

Firstly it's dumb cause we need points and a striker who hasn't played in 18 months while being out with a horrific injury, he isn't the answer to that. 

Secondly it's dumb from Wesley's point of view. I've seen similar injuries before where the cruciate ligament is torn off and the knee cap/block is knock out or straight out broken in two. In those cases the player was sent back into first team action when the player was supposedly recover and the exact same injury happened again. Then they waited another 6 months, the player came back and got two other injuries. Both related. I also remember watching the player and the confidence and step was completely gone. Maybe that would have happened regardsless, but I'm sure bringing the player back too soon was a big part of it. And I also seem to remember it was the player pushing for it. 

Now I'm very sceptical to Wesley being able to come back from this injury, but if he is going to have any chance to do so I think the longer rehabilitation and gradual match training we can do him, the better. It's much much smarter to keep him out for the entire season then give him the entire summer to come up to speed with the squad.

I'm sure Wesley wants to play and his fans on here wants to see him play, but there's pushing recovering players out of their comfort zone and there's being plain stupid. In my opinion bringing Wesley back this season falls on the latter. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Ignoring the fact that I don't rate him and don't think he has a future here, I think it would be monumentally stupid to throw him into the PL at this point, when pre season is soon here. 

Firstly it's dumb cause we need points and a striker who hasn't played in 18 months while being out with a horrific injury, he isn't the answer to that. 

Secondly it's dumb from Wesley's point of view. I've seen similar injuries before where the cruciate ligament is torn off and the knee cap/block is knock out or straight out broken in two. In those cases the player was sent back into first team action when the player was supposedly recover and the exact same injury happened again. Then they waited another 6 months, the player came back and got two other injuries. Both related. I also remember watching the player and the confidence and step was completely gone. Maybe that would have happened regardsless, but I'm sure bringing the player back too soon was a big part of it. And I also seem to remember it was the player pushing for it. 

Now I'm very sceptical to Wesley being able to come back from this injury, but if he is going to have any chance to do so I think the longer rehabilitation and gradual match training we can do him, the better. It's much much smarter to keep him out for the entire season then give him the entire summer to come up to speed with the squad.

I'm sure Wesley wants to play and his fans on here wants to see him play, but there's pushing recovering players out of their comfort zone and there's being plain stupid. In my opinion bringing Wesley back this season falls on the latter. 

How can you possibly know that the club or player are forcing the situation. If they put him on the bench or play him it will be because he's ready.  Pre season or not,  Wes's whole season could be considered a pre season from his perspective and getting up to speed. I am sceptical that Dean was telling the truth, but if he's ready and fully fit why wouldn't you give him game time.

20 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Not really dumb at all; we need points and have a £20 million striker returning to help return some goals.

I also don't see how we are bringing him back too soon; it's been 15 months; he has to get minutes on the pitch at some point to aid his rehab back into the first team.

How else can you bring a player back to the first team without playing him in the first team? Putting him on the 9 man first team bench is a step in the right direction. If we are chasing the game on Sunday then we should opt for Keinan Davis to give 100%; if we are 2-0 up with 15 minutes to go then give Wesley a run out and get some PL action back in his legs.

58 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'm not saying that. I'm saying if we end up doing it, the club has made the wrong choice. 

If they choose to put him on the bench this season? Or if they do it before he's ready?

Not even Daniel Sturridge would get injured from just being on the bench (he actually might) but I hope the club is doubly certain he is 100% ready before they let him get a run in on the pitch. There is absolutely no reason to risk anything with a player like Wesley. 

Everybody heals at a different rate. Some people will heal from the same injury differently when they're older than when they were younger. 

If Wesley is on the bench tonight I'll be extremely happy. It doesn't mean that he's going to get a run out it might be just to get used to the First team match day experience again. 

Who knows when we're 3/4 up he'll come on for a little run around. There's only so much rehabilitation one can do and it's actually good management to see before start of next season to see if he can handle the intensity of the premier League.

Little cameos will decide whether they ship him off or not. I genuinely have never wanted to see anyone succeed like Wesley. Our first Brazilian (?). If we can get one start out of him by season's end then our medical staff deserve medals.

Â