Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

11 hours ago, the_eristic said:

Held off half their side a few times when he got the ball with back to goal! Had a bit of the same problem as the first team, though, with nobody offering him a good pass or layoff making him go backwards with it too often.

We are desperate for a strong player too 🤞🤞

I watched only a little of the PL 2 match against Dirty leeds butte commentary was awful. Their reading of the game was other poor and biased.

More importantly how long did Wesley play for?

I'd have thought if he can get a few more 90 minutes under his belt with no adverse reactions then we might see him on the bench for the last game perhaps? The Villa team will no doubt have a target in mind.

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I watched only a little of the PL 2 match against Dirty leeds butte commentary was awful. Their reading of the game was other poor and biased.

More importantly how long did Wesley play for?

I'd have thought if he can get a few more 90 minutes under his belt with no adverse reactions then we might see him on the bench for the last game perhaps? The Villa team will no doubt have a target in mind.

I think building him up slowly is better. Next few days if there's no reaction in the next game he should hopefully get 75+ minutes. He played around an hour I think.

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I think building him up slowly is better. Next few days if there's no reaction in the next game he should hopefully get 75+ minutes. He played around an hour I think.

Yeah I agree, that's what I was thinking too.

Sixty minutes is good, get a couple more of them under his belt over the next couple of weeks and then see if he can get a ninety minutes done.

• Like 1

Looking monstrous.

Sod it, throw him, Keinan and Ollie up top and batter some defenses.

Have Wes and Keinan knock people around and allow Ollie to roam free up there without hassle. 😎

Narrow 4 - 3 - 3 until Jack is back. ( Yes I know it's probably unrealistic and won't happen )

Screenshot_20210417-1513442_25.png

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Looking monstrous.

Have Wes and Keinan knock people around and allow Ollie to roam free up there without hassle. 😎

Narrow 4 - 3 - 3 until Jack is back. ( Yes I know it's probably unrealistic and won't happen )

There wouldn’t be too many stronger front 3’s in the league 

30 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Looking monstrous.

Keep staying I’d like to see Davis as a false 9, a flat midfield of Doug Nakamba and McGinn and Sanson in rotation

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Looking monstrous.

He played a couple of through balls which I thought if Ollie was running off him he could make them a little more dangerous. He has a long way to go of course but the first moment he comes back to the first team it will be a success itself. 

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, av1 said:

There wouldn’t be too many stronger front 3’s in the league 

Just a shame we're competing in football and not bench press. We need to sign better a much much better striker than Wes, even if he some how recovers. And I really don't think he will. He's done. He might try to come back, but he'll get a new injury quickly. 

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Just a shame we're competing in football and not bench press. We need to sign better a much much better striker than Wes, even if he some how recovers. And I really don't think he will. He's done. He might try to come back, but he'll get a new injury quickly. 

You sound hopeful of the scenario, in fact.

Lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I imagine you looking like this when you wrote this...

Stephen Colbert Good Luck GIF

• Like 1

He was always naturally big and strong but I thought was quite easily bullied by centre halves, hopefully the medical team have been able to almost break his physique down and rebuild it in a way that optimises his attributes and can make him more explosive over the first few yards.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Don't be daft. I just have seen several players with similar injuries. They didn’t return successfully.

Delph? (If I remember rightly). I know Wes's injury was particularly nasty but quite a few players seem to come back fine from ACL injuries.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

Strangely after the Wolves he was getting a lot of negative feedback, but I thought he looked better in that game than he did last night, perhaps last night he was told not to over do it and risk coming off through injury again. Most important thing was him getting some more minutes and coming through it without injuring himself. U23 football is so hard to judge, that we aren't going to have much of a clue how good he's likely to be until we him back in the first team.

Â