Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

For me Wes is currently our second best striker. He's also a different threat to Watkins so there is no chance we should be moving him on. If he's recovered from his injury he's a good sub to have. It also gives us the chance to let Davis go out on loan for the season. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's the thing, Ollie missed 2 games all season... And Davis played cos Wes wasn't fit enough to start

Get rid of Davis and give Barry his role 

Watkins 1st choice Wes 2nd 

Tammy isn't leaving Chelsea for £40m to go be 2nd choice at a mid table team and he's not better than Ollie so he be 1st choice, we don't need him 

Barry looks good but i dont think we will see him in 1st team yet.

Ollie missed two game but lets be realistic injuries happen. All it takes is a bad tackle and your stuffed.  Look at chelsea they have some real quality over the park. City have jesus aguero and sterling that can alm play up top.

We need to stop thinking like this. If anything competition is healthy.  If ollie hits a bad patch of form you have tammy to push him and keep him on his toes.

Look at spurs when kane gets injured they only have son and they tend to struggle.

Tammys only going to get better as will ollie. It would onky benwfit ua to haveboth

Thats how you get european football

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weedman said:

I mean, surely everything you've written there screams "give him a chance" rather than "cut our losses"? 

There is still plenty of opportunity for him to be an important player for us, no need to just throw 20 odd million pounds away because his first few months were average and he then had an injury, why not wait and see how he recovers before completely writing him off? 

Should we be looking to sell Sanson as well in the summer becuase he hasn't delivered the goods for us? 

Well we didn't give steer a chance when Heaton got injured. We went out and signed a top quality replacement.

Im sure if a sizeble offer came in the club would listen. I just don't see a route back into the first team for him.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont agree . Look at what haplened when ollie got banned? We had the ineffective davis up front. We might as well have played  steer up front as davis is as much of a attacking threat as steer would be!

The continuous effort and determination in finding new ways to bash our own players on here never cease to amaze me...  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HKP90 said:

I want him to come back, score a hat trick against Burnley, then shoot a s**t eating grin at Ben Mee.

I'd prefer him to leave a couple of studs in Mee's Achilles! After scoring a hat trick.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

I'd honestly be looking to loan him out until January.

Will need games. Lots of them.

He won't get that here and he won't get back to a level playing 8 Keinan minutes.

We sign another striker. A stop gap.

I think he'll go out on loan in the summer most likely with an option to buy probably back to Europe somewhere. Just don't think he fits in with how the manager wants the team to play. Consequently I do think we will sign a striker this window.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I'd prefer him to leave a couple of studs in Mee's Achilles! After scoring a hat trick.

Followed by the grin. Full house.

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats the plan for me. Id get tammy in. Its a no brainer for me. 

He knows how we play, he knows alot of the players and the fans love him.

If wes finds form having three strikers of ollie tammy and wes makes us very dangerous. 

Id get rid of davis. Not good enough for this level i am afraid 

It would be a no brainer. As in only someone with no brain would make that move. You don't spend 35 mil on a backup striker. Which is what Tammy would be. He isn't starting over watkins. We have much mOre important areas to improve before we spunk 1/4-1/3 of our budget on a player that doesn't substantially improve us becuase he's a backup who will only play 10 games worth of minutes. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

It would be a no brainer. As in only someone with no brain would make that move. You don't spend 35 mil on a backup striker. Which is what Tammy would be. He isn't starting over watkins. We have much mOre important areas to improve before we spunk 1/4-1/3 of our budget on a player that doesn't substantially improve us becuase he's a backup who will only play 10 games worth of minutes. 

I think someone who would turn their nose up for tammy has no brain personally not the other way around.

Why isnt he starting over watkins? If watkins hits shit form is watkins still going to play? What about if ollie gets injured. Who do you we have ? Wesley who hasnt played in over 12 months? Or how about davis who has one goal all season?

But yeah its brainless to sign tammy 😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hippo said:

Well we didn't give steer a chance when Heaton got injured. We went out and signed a top quality replacement.

Im sure if a sizeble offer came in the club would listen. I just don't see a route back into the first team for him.

I mean the circumstances around Steer and Wesley are clearly not the same though, you must be able to see that? 

I'm not saying the club should never sell him regardless, I'm saying if the options are 1) sell at an enormous loss / basically give him away or 2) loan out until his contract expires and he leaves on a free then neither of those options make as much sense as 3) keep him here and see if he can still reach the potential we saw in him when we signed him.

He's only played half a season for us, in a disjointed team in a new league in a new country. In that time he did...ok, nothing spectacular, but to completely write him - and the 20 odd million he cost us - off at the first opportunity is just crazy in my opinion. Its the equivalent of shipping Sanson off in the summer on a free transfer because he didn't do much then got injured after signing for £15m

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Barry looks good but i dont think we will see him in 1st team yet.

Ollie missed two game but lets be realistic injuries happen. All it takes is a bad tackle and your stuffed.  Look at chelsea they have some real quality over the park. City have jesus aguero and sterling that can alm play up top.

We need to stop thinking like this. If anything competition is healthy.  If ollie hits a bad patch of form you have tammy to push him and keep him on his toes.

Look at spurs when kane gets injured they only have son and they tend to struggle.

Tammys only going to get better as will ollie. It would onky benwfit ua to haveboth

Thats how you get european football

Its a bit different sitting on the bench at City playing in cup competitions and in games where the squad is being rested than coming to sit on the bench at Villa. The only way Abraham is coming to Villa is to start matches week in week out. Can we offer that to him? I don't think we can. For me Ollie has shown more than enough this season that he'll be first choice striker.

Why would Tammy come to Villa when he'd not get masses more first team opportunities than he currently gets at Chelsea?

Ideally it would be great to have Watkins and Abraham competing for the centre forward position here but realistically Abraham is going to want more than that and given the choice there's plenty of areas where I'd rather spend the £30m - £40m to improve our first team.

1 minute ago, tom_avfc said:

Its a bit different sitting on the bench at City playing in cup competitions and in games where the squad is being rested than coming to sit on the bench at Villa. The only way Abraham is coming to Villa is to start matches week in week out. Can we offer that to him? I don't think we can. For me Ollie has shown more than enough this season that he'll be first choice striker.

Why would Tammy come to Villa when he'd not get masses more first team opportunities than he currently gets at Chelsea?

Ideally it would be great to have Watkins and Abraham competing for the centre forward position here but realistically Abraham is going to want more than that and given the choice there's plenty of areas where I'd rather spend the £30m - £40m to improve our first team.

I think thoss are fair points tom. But i think tammys as good as ollie.

We dont know if we could play them together. I mean ollie could be adopted on the left. I think he would be very good and dangerous there. Ollies workout rate is phenomenal ans he can creats opportunities too. 

I wouldnt mind trying ollie on the left against chelsea ans playing wes for 45 mins up top see how that goes.

We have nothing to play for so why not explore the idea? If it doesnt work it doesnt work 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think thoss are fair points tom. But i think tammys as good as ollie.

We dont know if we could play them together. I mean ollie could be adopted on the left. I think he would be very good and dangerous there. Ollies workout rate is phenomenal ans he can creats opportunities too. 

I wouldnt mind trying ollie on the left against chelsea ans playing wes for 45 mins up top see how that goes.

We have nothing to play for so why not explore the idea? If it doesnt work it doesnt work 

We've got a striker at the club who has scored 13 goals and got 5 assists this season. He's also had a number of goals ruled out for the most marginal offside decisions going. 

He's achieved this during a season where we've been without our best creative player (one of the best in the league) for over a third of the season.

Why would we be looking to shunt Watkins out to the left given this? I get that he can play on the left and don't see an issue with him filling in there when required but I never get the obsession with moving players around when they are performing so well where they are to start with.

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think someone who would turn their nose up for tammy has no brain personally not the other way around.

Why isnt he starting over watkins? If watkins hits shit form is watkins still going to play? What about if ollie gets injured. Who do you we have ? Wesley who hasnt played in over 12 months? Or how about davis who has one goal all season?

But yeah its brainless to sign tammy 😂

he cant press in the same way that ollie can and we are set up around ollie's press high up the pitch, look at the goal vs everton, thats all ollie, he cant do that from the left and tammy cant do it from the middle

personally i then think in general ollie is a better striker, his movement is better and after the season he's had scoring just about enough, showing glimpses that he'll get better, hitting the woodwork the most in the league, breaking in to the england squad we're then going to spend around a quarter of our summer budget replacing him? thats madness

tammy wont come here as 2nd choice, not a chance, saying we need a better back up striker i can agree with, saying we need tammy i dont

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

We've got a striker at the club who has scored 13 goals and got 5 assists this season. He's also had a number of goals ruled out for the most marginal offside decisions going. 

He's achieved this during a season where we've been without our best creative player (one of the best in the league) for over a third of the season.

Why would we be looking to shunt Watkins out to the left given this? I get that he can play on the left and don't see an issue with him filling in there when required but I never get the obsession with moving players around when they are performing so well where they are to start with.

Dont forget all strikers go through bad patches this could happen with ollie. Sometimes 2nd seasons are tougher than your 1st. We simply dont know at this stage.

In my opinion we will never progress of we are not looking at players who as good or better than what we have.

Tammy is different to ollie he will add something different to this side

I already answered why he could do well on the left. Its not being chucked on there he has experience playing there and under our current manager too!

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

he cant press in the same way that ollie can and we are set up around ollie's press high up the pitch, look at the goal vs everton, thats all ollie, he cant do that from the left and tammy cant do it from the middle

personally i then think in general ollie is a better striker, his movement is better and after the season he's had scoring just about enough, showing glimpses that he'll get better, hitting the woodwork the most in the league, breaking in to the england squad we're then going to spend around a quarter of our summer budget replacing him? thats madness

tammy wont come here as 2nd choice, not a chance, saying we need a better back up striker i can agree with, saying we need tammy i dont

Ollie can certainly press in midfield though and ia quick so will definitely improve our counter attacking.

What tammg does add is a physical prensence and can score different types of goals to ollie.

All i know having both in the team makes us a real handful

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Dont forget all strikers go through bad patches this could happen with ollie. Sometimes 2nd seasons are tougher than your 1st. We simply dont know at this stage.

In my opinion we will never progress of we are not looking at players who as good or better than what we have.

Tammy is different to ollie he will add something different to this side

I already answered why he could do well on the left. Its not being chucked on there he has experience playing there and under our current manager too!

This is true but I don't think we should be signing a £40m striker on the off chance that Watkins isn't as good as he is this season.

If we had all the money in the world to spend then I'd be all for it, although still wary as to how we'd keep Abraham happy with limited minutes. As it is I think there's about 5 positions where I see a need to spend money before we start splashing out on a backup centre forward.

Yes, Watkins has played on the left before but I've seen nothing this season to suggest that we should be exploring that seriously as he has been as good as most strikers in the league playing through the middle.

As for Wesley, I'm not sure why we'd write him off already. He's got the perfect opportunity to have a full pre-season where the coaching staff can have a proper look at him and make the judgment as to whether he's likely to get back to the level required. The fact that he's been on the bench this season suggests to me that Smith isn't writing him off just yet.

• Like 1

Â