Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

He went in for one 50 -50 and he came out on top the ball went to Watkins from it. Little things like this will hopefully give him the confidence to move forward. 

Whether that's with us or not is irrelevant I just want him to have a decent career. We could send him on loan next season to build up.

Seemed like a poor decision to bring him and Davis on together. I would have thought they are too similar. Might have been better to have brought on Philogene-Bidace or Chukweumeka with Davis?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Seemed like a poor decision to bring him and Davis on together. I would have thought they are too similar. Might have been better to have brought on Philogene-Bidace or Chukweumeka with Davis?

Bringing on a youngster with huge potential in a game that means nothing where we need a goal and have nothing to lose? 

Are you mad? 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

I reckon people looking for him to be shipped off will be disappointed.

In Deanos press conference he basically said now is about getting him some minutes, and we will see the best of him next season.

EDIT: Watched some of the old highlights, against Norwich, Everton, Burnley, and he looked good.

In a much better side, we need to give him a chance.

To the annoyance of many, I think Ollie, Davis, and Wesley will be our out and out " strikers ".

I reckon we will focus on strengthening the areas of striker support and midfield.

Which I agree with if i'm honest.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In Deanos press conference he basically said now is about getting him some minutes, and we will see the best of him next season.

EDIT: Watched some of the old highlights, against Norwich, Everton, Burnley, and he looked good.

To the annoyance of many, I think Ollie, Davis, and Wesley will be our out and out " strikers ".

I reckon we will focus on strengthening the areas of striker support and midfield.

I agree with this outlook also. The harder we are to beat the easier we will find it to score. We need that solid base to operate from. If we weren't so easy to play against at times we wouldn't have lost as many games as we have this season. Wesley, Ollie and keinan are passable for next season.

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1

I think davis needs a run of games which he won't get here so would expect him to go out on loan. Which means bringing in another forward a necessity i guess, but I doubt we'd spend 30-40 million on one.

3 minutes ago, peterw said:

I think davis needs a run of games which he won't get here so would expect him to go out on loan. Which means bringing in another forward a necessity i guess, but I doubt we'd spend 30-40 million on one.

If we want to push for Europe we need better options than Davis and Wes behind Ollie.

• Like 2

Wesley will have a role to play next season, I’m certain he won’t be moving on this summer. And rightly so. I think part of our building process of the club is putting into place an emphasis on loyalty, and standing by Wes is another part of that. The treatment dished out to various players post 2010 did not show the club in a positive way, various bomb squads wouldn’t have made the club attractive to many players. We have to make the club more like a family, loyalty is a two way street. We have to stand by Wes and give him the best opportunity to make it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I've a feeling he may get sold, I just have this feeling. If it was to be a striker we got rid of I'd rather it be Davis.

Doubt he'll get sold because what mental club would take on a player coming back from an injury like this?

Yes, OK, Newcastle, but no one run sensibly.

I think he'll get next season to see what he can do.

1 hour ago, OxfordVillan said:

Wesley will have a role to play next season, I’m certain he won’t be moving on this summer. And rightly so. I think part of our building process of the club is putting into place an emphasis on loyalty, and standing by Wes is another part of that. The treatment dished out to various players post 2010 did not show the club in a positive way, various bomb squads wouldn’t have made the club attractive to many players. We have to make the club more like a family, loyalty is a two way street. We have to stand by Wes and give him the best opportunity to make it.

I think you are wrong on this one just have a feeling the club will be looking to get him out on loan most likely with an option to buy. Vut we'll see.

On 13/05/2021 at 13:49, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Agree with all of this.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Doubt he'll get sold because what mental club would take on a player coming back from an injury like this?

Yes, OK, Newcastle, but no one run sensibly.

I think he'll get next season to see what he can do.

Could imagine Bruce disappointment when he thinks he has signed the perfect replacement for Carroll but ends up with Wesley passing the ball on the deck 30 yards from goal

52 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

based on the number of suggestions to ship players out across various player threads we're going to have more loan players than chelsea...

I think you arent allowed loan so many players out either, not sure if the new FIFA rule is already in

Â