Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

Had 2 decent headers in the game. Neither had enough power to challenge the keeper mainly due to where the crosses were.

Him dropping deep gave mcginn so much time for the cross that resulted in KDs goal. I know most people won't talk about that but he drew the midfielder away from mcginn. That's a huge part of his game that gets overlooked a lot of the time. He occupies people no matter what he is doing like KD. The west Brom defenders didn't know what to do with both of them. 

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Deano says he got a round of applause from the lads when it was announced he would be in the squad.

Love the togetherness and spirit.

Absolutely. You get the sense that everyone enjoys being part of this project. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Deano says he got a round of applause from the lads when it was announced he would be in the squad.

Love the togetherness and spirit.

Same. Makes me a proud Villan.

11 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Had 2 decent headers in the game. Neither had enough power to challenge the keeper mainly due to where the crosses were.

Him dropping deep gave mcginn so much time for the cross that resulted in KDs goal. I know most people won't talk about that but he drew the midfielder away from mcginn. That's a huge part of his game that gets overlooked a lot of the time. He occupies people no matter what he is doing like KD. The west Brom defenders didn't know what to do with both of them. 

Ok, let me preface this by saying I thought Wes did a good job of imprinting himself onto the game for the short time he was on and I have no real complaints. The following rant is directed toward one specific praise of Wes that had been going on ever since the end of 2019.

lmao no. I just rewatched it and he was in acres of space in the midfield with no West Brom player around him when Mcginn released that ball. How was he "dragging" away a West Brom player here?

Among all the Wes myths, the "he drags away defenders" one grinds my gears the most. Because it feels like something people say to give credit to him because they can't see any other obvious way he contributes. "He doesn't visibly contribute to the attack, he doesn't press off the ball, he isn't even that good at hold up play despite his size. oh I know, he must be dragging away defenders with his off the ball running and that's what he must be good at because I can't see anything else he does on that **** pitch". 

A striker could literally stand like a pole at the end of the pitch and he would be occupying defenders and distracting them from his teammates. Its literally the very least you expect them to be doing. And even if you insist that this skill of his is so important, then why is he infamous for being no where near the penalty box whenever we're attacking that the manager has to scream at him to get in the box? Shouldn't ability like this be used near the edge of the attack, not in the middle of the **** pitch?

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

It'll be good to see him get about 12-15 minutes in the next game then hopefully for Chelsea he can do a full half at full tilt.

It's the higher intensity of games that will determine whether he is cut out for Aston Villa. 

On 26/04/2021 at 14:32, Laughable Chimp said:

Ok, let me preface this by saying I thought Wes did a good job of imprinting himself onto the game for the short time he was on and I have no real complaints. The following rant is directed toward one specific praise of Wes that had been going on ever since the end of 2019.

lmao no. I just rewatched it and he was in acres of space in the midfield with no West Brom player around him when Mcginn released that ball. How was he "dragging" away a West Brom player here?

Among all the Wes myths, the "he drags away defenders" one grinds my gears the most. Because it feels like something people say to give credit to him because they can't see any other obvious way he contributes. "He doesn't visibly contribute to the attack, he doesn't press off the ball, he isn't even that good at hold up play despite his size. oh I know, he must be dragging away defenders with his off the ball running and that's what he must be good at because I can't see anything else he does on that **** pitch". 

A striker could literally stand like a pole at the end of the pitch and he would be occupying defenders and distracting them from his teammates. Its literally the very least you expect them to be doing. And even if you insist that this skill of his is so important, then why is he infamous for being no where near the penalty box whenever we're attacking that the manager has to scream at him to get in the box? Shouldn't ability like this be used near the edge of the attack, not in the middle of the **** pitch?

I think he brought a midfielder with him who then left to mcginn. I was wrong. Whoops. 

On 26/04/2021 at 14:32, Laughable Chimp said:

Bamford was questioned on the Crouch podcast this week about the one thing that Bielsa has demanded of him this season, he named counter movement. The ability to not occupt a defender but move then 5-10 yards out of position. Its the one thing he had improved most of. Maybe to the untrained eye its not a huge attribute but means a lot to premier league managers.

No real idea if Wes is good at it or not.

Just now, It's Your Round said:

He didn’t look up to speed today, but I don’t expect anyone would after such a long layoff and that horrific injury. 

It’s too soon to go in hard on the lad now.

It was to soon for him to come. Davis has done well off the bench recently.

Waste of a sub IMO.

Â