Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

Surely Louie Barry gets in ahead of Davis next season, one way or the other.

100%. I’ve faith in Wesleys’ potential, but he looks way off. I don’t want him replaced, we should look at a loan next season until we know where he’s at. Davis can’t be back up to Ollie next season.

The team improved in the second half when Philogene-Bidace and in particular Chukwuemeka came more into the game, I don't think it had much at all to do to do with Wesley coming off, regardless of how good or bad he was. I don't think you can read too much into today's game, it was just about him closer to match fitness.

• Like 2

2 months and ten games remaining, he'll probably be on the bench come may. Not match fit obviously, he going to need another 6 months for that. 

Hopefully he can be confident his knee is good by the end on the season so he can hit the ground running in preseason.

1 hour ago, useless said:

The team improved in the second half when Philogene-Bidace and in particular Chukwuemeka came more into the game, I don't think it had much at all to do to do with Wesley coming off, regardless of how good or bad he was. I don't think you can read too much into today's game, it was just about him closer to match fitness.

Maybe. I think the movement up front helped the 2nd half improvement. Barry plays in a very different way and that seemed to suit the fast, quick build up that they played. 

I’ll be surprise if he plays another Premier League game for us. 

I don’t rate him, I never did but regardless, I really feel for him. It was a horrible tackle and I really hope he manages to get back to full fitness and proves me wrong. 

That tackle may well have ended his career. 

• Like 1

I was mostly positive for Wes to come back, and i still am depending on whether we bring another striker in, in the summer.

I watched the full u23 game versus Wolves, and even factoring in Wesley's injury recovery, it was glaringly obvious how immobile and static he is compared to all the other Villa players on the pitch.

Yeah, the young guns need to add composure etc to their game, but they were pressing, harrying, intricate passes, buzzing around all over the place like angry bees, and Wes just looked like a bit of an immobile statue at times (and that was allowing for his injury recovery before anyone says anything).

Im not saying i specifically want him to leave, i would be ok with him as backup striker to Watkins if we choose to spend the money elsewhere, but to me it was quite clear that he just isnt active or mobile enough for the game we want to play, watching the young guns buzzing all over the pitch just made Wesley stand out even more as someone who just cant do that, he looked out of place.

30 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I was mostly positive for Wes to come back, and i still am depending on whether we bring another striker in, in the summer.

I watched the full u23 game versus Wolves, and even factoring in Wesley's injury recovery, it was glaringly obvious how immobile and static he is compared to all the other Villa players on the pitch.

Yeah, the young guns need to add composure etc to their game, but they were pressing, harrying, intricate passes, buzzing around all over the place like angry bees, and Wes just looked like a bit of an immobile statue at times (and that was allowing for his injury recovery before anyone says anything).

Im not saying i specifically want him to leave, i would be ok with him as backup striker to Watkins if we choose to spend the money elsewhere, but to me it was quite clear that he just isnt active or mobile enough for the game we want to play, watching the young guns buzzing all over the pitch just made Wesley stand out even more as someone who just cant do that, he looked out of place.

You mean... gasp, he looked like a player who hadn't played football in 15 months after a near career ending injury?

I don't know if he will get back to 100% fitness and sharpness for us, I hope so. Let's hope his knee is ok and he can continue to play reserve games to get him back up to speed,

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

You mean... gasp, he looked like a player who hadn't played football in 15 months after a near career ending injury?

I don't know if he will get back to 100% fitness and sharpness for us, I hope so. Let's hope his knee is ok and he can continue to play reserve games to get him back up to speed,

i specifically said taking in to account his injury recovery........

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Yep and then you completely contradicted that with your last paragraph.

no i didnt, but no point in discussing if you dont get my point.

Just now, MaVilla said:

no i didnt, but no point in discussing if you dont get my point.

I don't want to discuss getting your point.

You seemed to be inferring that Wes was crap in that game, but 50% of that crapness was because he is crap, rather than the injury. Which is genius levels of insight.

4 hours ago, 7392craig said:

100%. I’ve faith in Wesleys’ potential, but he looks way off. I don’t want him replaced, we should look at a loan next season until we know where he’s at. Davis can’t be back up to Ollie next season.

Have been saying Barry over Davis, ithink at our level now Davis is not going to make a premier striker. The only chance he has is to convert to some type of support player and he should switch sooner than later.

Players do switch when they realise they have more to there game or not enough and I think that's the only way we can keep Davis. I mentioned early this season  about how Davis could be better utilised in other ways, we are not getting goals from him for a start and we need that even more so from a lone striker now.

I'd say before get rid of Davis use rest of this season to see if he can fit else where I've in attacking midfield or on the wing, he maybe much better there and a slight alteration to his game could yield positive results. We don't try something with him then I'm afraid the only answer for this is just sell him on but we at least should try use what he has to offer in other areas first.

4 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I don't want to discuss getting your point.

You seemed to be inferring that Wes was crap in that game, but 50% of that crapness was because he is crap, rather than the injury. Which is genius levels of insight.

urm.....ok.

Â