Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

to be fair, we could play with a front 3 of Grealish, Wesley, Watkins, with Watkins coming inside from the right to play off and around Wesley, i think that would work if required in specific games/scenarios.

Watkins as a right inside forward would also give us Trezeguet (& Watkins) type work ethic down that right side, with Watkins type forward play........best of both worlds.....

Certainly an option.

My only concern would be Watkins dropping deep in defense to help out Cash - I'm not sure he's used to that so he'd have to learn it pretty quickly for that setup to work. Given his workrate, propensity to learn quickly and our quality coaching it's more than possible.

6 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Certainly an option.

My only concern would be Watkins dropping deep in defense to help out Cash - I'm not sure he's used to that so he'd have to learn it pretty quickly for that setup to work. Given his workrate, propensity to learn quickly and our quality coaching it's more than possible.

to be fair he has probably played left or right inside forward type roles more than any other, it was only last season he moved to the striker position (as the primary position), before that he played as mainly left or right inside forward for Brentford.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I do wonder if he will even feature this season. 

He sounds confident he'll be playing "soon" on his Instagram. I know soon is a relative term, but I take it to mean he thinks he'll be back this season.

Would be brilliant if he can, but then even if he is,  who knows what ability he'll have.  It's definitely not going to be better than it was,  and for some what it was wasn't good enough.  But surrounded by what we have now, you never know.

He's shown character to overcome challenges before in his life, I'm confident if there is any chance of him making it in our league, then he'll do everything to make it happen

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

He sounds confident he'll be playing "soon" on his Instagram. I know soon is a relative term, but I take it to mean he thinks he'll be back this season.

Would be brilliant if he can, but then even if he is,  who knows what ability he'll have.  It's definitely not going to be better than it was,  and for some what it was wasn't good enough.  But surrounded by what we have now, you never know.

He's shown character to overcome challenges before in his life, I'm confident if there is any chance of him making it in our league, then he'll do everything to make it happen

It would be quite tragic if he can’t continue at the highest level.  Ben Mee is a nasty piece of work. 

38 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

When I was a younger lad (sadly, a very long time ago now) I played with a centre back who had an ACL blowout and total knee reconstruction on his left leg. I used to enjoy being the last line of defense when we had a goal kick and standing on half way, watching as he smashed it waaaaay over my head....

...with his left leg. He was naturally right footed. He just did so much work strengthening his reconstructed knee that he could hit a dead ball better with it.

There's hope yet for Wes and while it's true that he won't be all he was - this is elite football, not park football - I still think he has more to offer than what we have seen of him so far. I'm looking forward to his return and, perhaps, even more so to what he can bring next season.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Could probably do with a loan to get his fitness up.

Maybe to the donkey sanctuary.

I...he......err.....I just cannot...

Blokes had a career defining injury, has worked his backside off to get back to the training field alone and you (as a supposed fan of the club) put this. 

Nice one mate. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1

If he comes back as the player that he was before his injury, or to put in four less words, if his injury hasn't affect his game too badly, then I think when he comes back he'll do very well for us, and look even better playing in a better team with improved and better players. The £20m or whatever it was that we paid for him will look like a bargain.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I do wonder if he will even feature this season. 

Saying that he will be back sooner rather than later now, so whether that projected march or April return is more likely march, I dont know. 

Really excited for his return, and for him to play in this positive team.

The gas thing is it's people who make clownish comments like the above that post things like "I don't understand why people are so defensive over criticism of Wesley/Mings/etc" as if their "criticism" warrants being treated as any kind of legitimate input into anything.

Edited by Indigo
  • Like 2

Â