Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

Expecting anything from Wes is a bit optmistic I think. He's been out for nearly a year now with a very serious injury. Would rather he slowly builds his fitness up with sub cameos, has a good pre season and then is a credible striker option for 21/22. Add in I don't think he's that good.....:ph34r:

Can't we just sign an experienced striker on loan in January? Plenty of decent ones will want game time ahead of the euros.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, PieFacE said:

He's a good player. He'll be fine. Looking forward to his return.

Kozak and Kodjia were never the same after their bad injuries so I'm not hopeful. Don't think Wes has shown he's better than Libor Kozak so far who poached about 4 goals in 8 games for us before his leg break so similar to what Wes did.

Not sure why we wouldn't get a new striker in January. What on earth happens if Watkins picks up a knock in training this week and can't play Arsenal? Especially given Traore went off injured today and might not make next game.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, R.Bear said:

I'm all for positivity but people need to stop saying "he'll come good" or "he'll be fine". We have no idea if he'll be fine or if he'll come good.

its almost like some people are bottle half full...

personally im hoping that he's pally with luiz because its the obvious thing to do and whatever penny dropped for him he can now help wes with the same

but all of that is irrelevant if we keep playing with a midfield that's in a different postcode to the striker, Watkins is in and out of games struggling to have an impact, wes was the same, samatta was the same, davis is the same...maybe its not the striker that's the problem...

• Like 1

23 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Kozak and Kodjia were never the same after their bad injuries so I'm not hopeful. Don't think Wes has shown he's better than Libor Kozak so far who poached about 4 goals in 8 games for us before his leg break so similar to what Wes did.

Not sure why we wouldn't get a new striker in January. What on earth happens if Watkins picks up a knock in training this week and can't play Arsenal? Especially given Traore went off injured today and might not make next game.

I would honestly love to see Jack as a false 9 with watkins and traore as the wingers behind him. If both are injured trez and el ghazi would do fine in my opinion. I understand that el ghazi has consistently underperformed but he remains a threat to create chances and score goals even if he misses a lot of sitters. 

• Like 1

On 01/11/2020 at 15:29, VillaChris said:

Can’t agree to this, even before injury Wes had more to his game to Kozak. He’s had some up and down games, Kozak was just shit. The bloke couldn’t move.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Can’t agree to this, even before injury Wes had more to his game to Kozak. He’s had some up and down games, Kozak was just shit. The bloke couldn’t move.

Kozak wasn't great but he'd scored v Norwich, Stoke, Cardiff and winner at Southampton so 4 goals in about 10 games (with plenty of them as sub) so similar scoring ratio as Wes against decent range of teams. IIRC he also had a good game v Man. City when we won 3-2 so he showed enough in his first 3 months he could be decent back up to Benteke and plan B off the bench.

He also only cost about 6m.

Was totally finished when he came back even in championship and his subsequent career since leaving us.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

tbh im really looking forward to Wesley getting fit again.

Most of our new players took last season to settle in and Wesley's season was cut short, also we have a much better team now which will help him.

Regardless of whether he gets in the first 11, he will help flesh out the squad and will be an option while he is working towards fitness.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I'm looking forward to him being fit again too.  He's got something about him - actually, quite similar to Watkins - and I think he'll be a useful player for us as long as he recovers correctly.

Watkins is 10 times the player.

I'm sorry but it's just facts. And sometimes facts hurts.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

10 times is a bit much - but I don't even know why you're mentioning this tbh.

Because Wesley wasn't good enough 10 months ago and he isn't good enough now.

The longer you are out the better player you become. Classic VillaTalk logic.

Still hope we can get a decent fee out of this guy in the summer.

Edited by villalad21
  • Haha 1

I didn't think he was very good, but the team will certainly be creating much more for him this time around.

He's got a lot of work to do to get a starting spot, but having a striker on the bench is going to make a nice change.

• Like 1

Â