Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

17 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

He played half a season for us before his injury.

Scored 5 goals in a poor team.

Played well sometimes and not so well others.

Looked like a man mountain sometimes and petulant others.

I can't believe people are writing him off when most of our signings struggled in that first season, even Luiz until the last 10 games post lockdown.

Personally, I think coming back from injury, with much less pressure on him, a better side and time to get minutes and settle in off the bench will be good for him.

I think he will come good, the current better team, less pressure due to being behind watkins, more time to adapt, will probably help him.

We need options, and I for one will be very happy when he returns and gets up to speed, and we have both watkins and wesley as options.

I think he could be a decent player.

But not as a 9 in a 4-3-3 system. Just a bad fit really.

He will never be a 9. Mind boggling that people still don't see it.

• Like 1

If he comes as an option off the bench in a settled side and makes some positive contributions our infamous 2019 transfer window could be seen in a whole new light. 

Players like Konsa, Luiz and Trez from that window have since come good. If Wesley also settles and looks the part you’d have to say we actually had a pretty decent window last year. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/10/2020 at 10:06, MaVilla said:

He played half a season for us before his injury.

Scored 5 goals in a poor team.

Played well sometimes and not so well others.

Looked like a man mountain sometimes and petulant others.

I can't believe people are writing him off when most of our signings struggled in that first season, even Luiz until the last 10 games post lockdown.

Personally, I think coming back from injury, with much less pressure on him, a better side and time to get minutes and settle in off the bench will be good for him.

I think he will come good, the current better team, less pressure due to being behind watkins, more time to adapt, will probably help him.

We need options, and I for one will be very happy when he returns and gets up to speed, and we have both watkins and wesley as options.

I think that's incorrect. Or maybe not incorrect, but rather painting an inaccurate picture. He played well maybe 4 matches, and considering he played 22 matches in total. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think that's incorrect. He played well maybe 4 matches, and considering he played 22 matches in total. 

You could probably say that about the whole (or most of) the team generally speaking.

Some of whom went on to do pretty well towards the end of the season and the start of this season.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

You could probably say that about the whole (or most of) the team generally speaking.

Some of whom went on to do pretty well towards the end of the season and the start of this season.

Fair point. I think there's a massive difference there, but fair point. 

On 19/10/2020 at 09:35, LondonLax said:

If he comes as an option off the bench in a settled side and makes some positive contributions our infamous 2019 transfer window could be seen in a whole new light. 

Players like Konsa, Luiz and Trez from that window have since come good. If Wesley also settles and looks the part you’d have to say we actually had a pretty decent window last year. 

Especially if you throw in mings and targett as well.

Does that mean he's back in full training now?

Could make it back after November international so suggests why we didn't get another striker in the last window.

As said above could do o.k without a crowd frustrated with him but we need to be patient as it was a very serious injury. Kodj was never the same after his.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

All the hate is harsh. 

FFS, so sick of this all over VT. 

WHERE IS THE HATE

It seems these days you are either loving and all over a player or you hate a player.  There is no inbetween.

It's perfectly possible to question a players abilities and wonder if he will make it/fit in without being filled with HATE for him. 

It's just informed discussion,  not  lynching v Julie B kidnap. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

All the hate is harsh. Looked to be getting better as the season went on. Became more settled with the team, scored some goals. Horrendous injury. He's early 20's playing in a different country. 

I personslly hope and think he will want to lrove a point and give ollie serious competition.

Where is the hate? Posters have expressed frustration with him, that they don't think he's that good! Hardly hate? Hardly Bruce Territory is it.

And he really didn't look to be getting better. 

Can't see where he fits into a DS team not mobile enough, still hope he comes back better than he was though.

Edited by zab6359
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

FFS, so sick of this all over VT. 

WHERE IS THE HATE

It seems these days you are either loving and all over a player or you hate a player.  There is no inbetween.

It's perfectly possible to question a players abilities and wonder if he will make it/fit in without being filled with HATE for him. 

It's just informed discussion,  not  lynching v Julie B kidnap. 

**** hell go and take a lie down pal.

I was actually referring to twitter mostly but there's a lot of negativity on here also.

Of course it's ok to question a players ability. I never said it wasn't. 

Irony here is you talk about informed discussion yet you unleash hell on me for posting my opinion. Where's the reasoned debate? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zab6359 said:

Where is the hate? Posters have expressed frustration with him, that they don't think he's that good! Hardly hate? Hardly Bruce Territory is it.

And he really didn't look to be getting better. 

Can't see where he fits into a DS team not mobile enough, still hope he comes back better than he was though.

Twitter. Some here too.

He was looking better. Did you watch the burnley game? He's far superior to davis and i hope he can give watkins s run for his money, therefore getting the best out of both of them.

• Like 1

Welcome back big wes. We wont see hin until December the earliest. He hasnt played in almost a year and its a big injury.

I think him and ollie could be a real handful when we are chasing a game. Big man holding it up and releasing ollie

Â