Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

On 28/09/2019 at 16:57, R.Bear said:

Absolute rubbish.

On 28/09/2019 at 17:19, Davkaus said:

Even in the games he scored, he was anonymous for 89 minutes. Do you watch him play? A cheeky toepoke then aimlessly wondering around the pitch, falling over everytime there's a tall bit of a grass, and suddenly that's a decent performance if you just look at goals. He's shit. 

On 28/09/2019 at 17:16, Davkaus said:

It gives me hope I might still get a lucky break and wear the #9 for Villa.

I'm getting Bosko Balaban vibes. 

It's funny reading through the early heat he took from so many...

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, sidcow said:

FFS, so sick of this all over VT. 

WHERE IS THE HATE

It seems these days you are either loving and all over a player or you hate a player.  There is no inbetween.

It's perfectly possible to question a players abilities and wonder if he will make it/fit in without being filled with HATE for him. 

It's just informed discussion,  not  lynching v Julie B kidnap. 

Steve Buce says Hi

5 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Deservedly so as well, that comes with the job and such a stupid salary

There's really no need to hate a professional footballer just because you don't think they're talented enough.

Fine if they're bunking off training, talking shit about the club, or whatever, but Wesley seems like an honest pro. There are questions about his ability definitely. The hate (which was definitely real at one point) was unjustified and massively counterproductive. We're too harsh on our own players - no surprise they've performed much better without crowds.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, KentVillan said:

There's really no need to hate a professional footballer just because you don't think they're talented enough.

Fine if they're bunking off training, talking shit about the club, or whatever, but Wesley seems like an honest pro. There are questions about his ability definitely. The hate (which was definitely real at one point) was unjustified and massively counterproductive. We're too harsh on our own players - no surprise they've performed much better without crowds.

Guess you also struggle to understand what the word hate means? 

Can someone sticky the definition here so it's easier for people to differentiate between hate and evalating performances in football? 

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, nick76 said:

Looking forward to him getting back.  

It’ll be good to have a decent second striker and with a little less pressure on him with Watkins being the main man it will hopefully allow Wes to continue his growth he was having just before he got injured.  

Not only will he give us options but I think there is a really good player in there.

They are both different so yes different option in Watkins and Wesley is great. Wes felt more like a defensive option all while having the ability to counter because we knew the step up to the prem was difficult with the team we had, possession was always going to be tough. Watkins is without a doubt the attacking option out of him and wes, hopefully he will score against southampton.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Can someone sticky the definition here so it's easier for people to differentiate between hate and evalating performances in football? 

Well they can hate his performances which is what I think people are saying they do, just not in the words you want them to say it in. They are not hating on him as a person, they just didnt fancy his performances you can hate things about someone and not hate them directly.

At the time though to be fair to Wesley, we didnt have many in the team (Grealish) in fact was the only one putting in a performance. People have to see it like that, up until after lockdown, we were a Grealish solo act. I think Wesley just like Nyland was used as a scapegoat, that early on you just couldnt say anyone person was bad because all of them really were bad. I will even go and say that even Ghazi who got alot of criticism before and after lockdown and I gave abit out to the bloke at the time to,it may of been unfair before lockdown to criticise certain players all because the team themselves were playing poorly.

Now after Lockdown alot of players picked up, Hourihane, Luiz, McGinn (cameback), Trezegeut and others, there were just many who came back and totally played miles better for us. Then you could start and begin to to criticize players who were not performing abit. You still couldnt fully because everyone has a different time scale, but now the fresh season has started and players should be fully adjusted you can  begin to really start criticising players more. I think that's why this season fans have laid Into Lansbury and Ghazi as much as they have. They now fully relise after all that time from the championship, those two are just not going to make it as premier players as they have had time to adjust and have seen no end of bad displays for longer than a season.

You get around to Wesley, he has not only had a short window to try and make his time on the pitch work but he had that horrible injury. Out of all the players it is Wesley that should be given a second chance and as a second striker he could be fairly good. Let's face the facts, he scored some goals for us, it's more than Samatta did, Davis did and he could be that dark horse we need to push on.

I'd much rather hold onto Wesley for the time being and see what Smith can get out of him now he has more of a squad. I always said it last season and I still think it's a problem now still, which is servicing a lone striker. It's not something that is easy to do, in fact you have a small chance of getting the ball to a lone striker but have a greater chance at sending the ball to more defenders feet since there are more of them.

Ross Barkley- the pass completion artist could be the key to releasing our strikers, we do not seem to have much luck from the wings do we, it's a struggle at times. But Barkley shows that he can lay a pass from anywhere and in a no10 role he can see passes sent through the center to lone strikers.

Overall Wesley has to be given the chance to shine, we ha e time now we have Watkins and as others have said theres leas pressure on him to be the big main man. I think it would be a massive mistake to just discard him like others would want to, it's best to see how he moves forward from coming back.

• Like 2

I think you are right there, and people just mix hate for a player and the performances, and to me that's two different things. I can easily hate watching Wesley try and be a striker, or watch Jennifer Aniston try and be an actor, or Kate Perry try to be a singer, but I have no hate for either of them. 

It's fundamentally weird to attack people for voicing a dislike for performances in a performance based industry mind. It's kinda the whole point of discussing football on a messageboard. 

Nobody got an irrational hatred for Wesley where they don't want to watch him succeed. I personally would LOVE to watch him make it here. I also think he has an admirable back story so to speak. I do however think he's been very poor for us, and I don't rate him much. He doesn't look like a striker, more a CAM, and he doesn't seem to have the quality required. That's just my opinion. He deserves more time at the club though and I hope he can develop. 

On 30/10/2020 at 16:50, nick76 said:

Looking forward to him getting back.  

It’ll be good to have a decent second striker and with a little less pressure on him with Watkins being the main man it will hopefully allow Wes to continue his growth he was having just before he got injured.  

Not only will he give us options but I think there is a really good player in there.

I do too.....and it will be interesting seeing him play in a better all round team.

• Like 1

The hate thing is something I try hard to avoid,with anyone.....its a hump on your back, its a burden you could well do without.....seeing the good in things, makes for a better life......that is not to be confused with constructive criticism, when there is a need for it.

99.9% of players want to make it work, even when it don't.....we can all let our frustration get the better of us at times.....I know I can.

There are players I am not fussed about even now.....but pleased when they have a good game.

Edited by TRO

Wes is a weird one, as he showed moments where he had all the attributes to be a really good striker for us. But he had plenty of games where he came so deep that he rarely got anywhere near the opponents penalty area, and he sulked a lot and seemed to over react to fouls or physical contact. But he also worked hard and held up the ball well.

I think if he recovers fully from his injury and benefits from being in a better more confident team, then he could offer something.

We either need him to come good or Keinan to start scoring premiership goals (or Traore to score as a striker). Not sure which is most likely out of those three.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Nope and nope. Also, it's "evaluating".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â