Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

Just now, Keener window-cleaner said:

I do remember now that there was something fishy with Zat Knight, he did go on tho play quite a bit for us though

I last saw Zat Knight as the boyfriend of a bird on what of those E Reality Tv shows, I believe it was Hollywood medium?

Very random.

Took his goal well. We want to see those runs more often, and we want to see our midfield making those passes more for him to run on to. I’m not using that as an excuse as we all know Wes needs to be doing more, but when was the last time in a league game a threaded a ball through for him?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After the goal, his reaction was a funny one - it was almost as if he swore in anger - a "F****** FINALLY!" moment.

I'm sure he's aware of how he's been playing and the goal wasn't a joyful thing but just a release of frustration.

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It seems like it, but the problem with that is that he's not pacy enough for doing that in the PL. 

His little dummy run and finish today show that he has other assets that could be just as pivotal in him successfully getting in behind enemy lines.

Another thing we witnessed today which might go under the radar because of the scoreline when Wes was introduced, was his ability to rise to the occasion.

A reluctance from some to give him any credit will argue that scoring at 4-0 against a teenage Liverpool outfit is hardly rising to the occasion, but I disagree.

The argument is whether or not he is a good footballer, good enough for Aston Villa, and his run and finish were just that today.

We all love a prolific talisman who can go it solo once it hits the final third and they have the ball at their feet, which Wes hasn't been.

Today's goal shows there is a striker in there, and previous performances have shown there's an unselfish and smart team player in there too.

Let's see what he brings to the Southampton game.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ghost said:

After the goal, his reaction was a funny one - it was almost as if he swore in anger - a "F****** FINALLY!" moment.

I'm sure he's aware of how he's been playing and the goal wasn't a joyful thing but just a release of frustration.

His goals vs Norwich were exactly the same

He doesn't seem the exuberant type

31 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I don’t know about that , remember his celebration vs Everton? 

And his celebrations at Club Brugge, granted, some were the same (low key), some were very exuberant with their fans and players.

There was one where he had a notably large keloid scar growth on his ears he seemed paranoid about and was almost trying to hold his head down away from that side of the camera.

It seems when he feels loved, he celebrates, but in actual fact, is quite a big shy, insecure kid!

His Baby Mamas would probably beg to differ but you know what I mean. lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

I know it was only Liverpool's U-23s, but tonight ended the silly idea that Wesley doesn't know how to play football. Quality finish, and looks like he'd be a very dangerous player at a certain level - I stand by my view that he would be prolific in the Championship.

But until Wesley gets to grips with the Premier League, Kodjia's movement is better suited to our 4-3-3 system. Yes, Kodj is a very frustrating player who misplaces most of his passes, turns into trouble constantly, and overelaborates everything. But he makes very good runs behind, attacks every cross properly, and gets on the end of things, and he really isn't a bad finisher. His hold up play is also better than he gets credit for. With Kodj up front, I think opposition defences would sit a bit deeper, and players like McGinn and Grealish would benefit from that extra space.

Judging by Wesley's celebration tonight, the fan abuse has really got into his head (which is very sad), and Kodjia just looks like a happier person at the moment. I'd like to see Wesley and Kodjia both given a plenty of game time in the next 3 league fixtures, and possibly even look at playing them both together in a 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 if we're chasing a game.

(Also, anyone else noticed that Jota is our only midfielder who looks for the through ball? His reintroduction into the team might be good news for whoever starts up front.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

I know it was only Liverpool's U-23s, but tonight ended the silly idea that Wesley doesn't know how to play football. Quality finish, and looks like he'd be a very dangerous player at a certain level - I stand by my view that he would be prolific in the Championship.

But until Wesley gets to grips with the Premier League, Kodjia's movement is better suited to our 4-3-3 system. Yes, Kodj is a very frustrating player who misplaces most of his passes, turns into trouble constantly, and overelaborates everything. But he makes very good runs behind, attacks every cross properly, and gets on the end of things, and he really isn't a bad finisher. His hold up play is also better than he gets credit for. With Kodj up front, I think opposition defences would sit a bit deeper, and players like McGinn and Grealish would benefit from that extra space.

Judging by Wesley's celebration tonight, the fan abuse has really got into his head (which is very sad), and Kodjia just looks like a happier person at the moment. I'd like to see Wesley and Kodjia both given a plenty of game time in the next 3 league fixtures, and possibly even look at playing them both together in a 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 if we're chasing a game.

(Also, anyone else noticed that Jota is our only midfielder who looks for the through ball? His reintroduction into the team might be good news for whoever starts up front.)

Good post regarding Wes.

Kodjia is an exciting player, or can be, but I wonder how many chances he will provide our wide men or midfielders committing forward?

Wes at least has a good sense of who to play in and when. He very nearly had an assist today through a short instep pass across the box, wasn't to be.

It might not be bums out of seats football, but Wes is doing the unselfish stuff well, he actually is, whether he makes the grade or not, or finds his feet under Smith.

I'm not sure if fans are aware of this, but a coach or manager would prefer a tap in opportunity to a twenty yard volley attempt, whether it goes in or not.

As for Jota, he overdoes it in possession.

Which frustrates me because I can see he can dribble and play a pass, he just seems to have to beat the man one more time before releasing.

Always seems to hit a dead end after deciding against playing someone in sooner. I wonder how crafty a passer he can actually be despite having the ability.

Simply because his timing is skewed by his desire to overplay it.

Edited by A'Villan

Â